Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

More on Smoking in California...

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: More on Smoking in California...
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 09:44:08 AM »
Fair enough, but I think you're being disingenuous if you deny that this forum leans heavily to the right.

Who?  The Xer's?  Leans Right?  Naw      :)

It think that is pretty evident looking at the political spectrum quiz thread.  I would love to see everyone participate in that one.  I will when I get home.  Work has it blocked, but would like to see where others stand.  Even those that never venture into the SGA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2010, 09:48:05 AM »
Fair enough, but I think you're being disingenuous if you deny that this forum leans heavily to the right. 

Well, I don't think my statement implied anything about the rightness or leftness of the forum, but it does depend on your own personal perspective, as in where do you define your center, etc... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2010, 10:10:04 AM »
You send mixed signals a lot chad. Sometimes you sound like you are best buds with Keith Olbermann, and then sometimes you sound like Ron Paul- who I like and supported in 2008. I would like to think you are more the latter and the former simply comes out when the argument gets dirty. I know sometimes I sound a lot more right wing than I am simply due to being pissed.
I don't think so. Name one position of mine that is Keith Olberman-esque that Ron Paul would not agree with as well?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2010, 10:23:09 AM »
I don't think so. Name one position of mine that is Keith Olberman-esque that Ron Paul would not agree with as well?

I just mean your tone mainly when the arguments go to the mud. The name calling, redneck idiot labeling. Thats very Olbermann-esque and youre probably better than that. I can tell you that Keith and Ron differ very much. Keith is all about big govt and the nanny state - pretty much everything Obama wants while Paul is fiscally probably the most conservative member of Congress. I - like Paul - am against Abortion. And also like him, it has nothing to do with religion. I really think we screwed up not nominating the guy on the GOP ticket. He wiped the floor in every debate I saw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2010, 10:47:22 AM »
I - like Paul - am against Abortion. And also like him, it has nothing to do with religion.
Just out of curiosity....what is your basis for being against abortion, if it isn't religion?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Token

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2010, 10:58:36 AM »
Just out of curiosity....what is your basis for being against abortion, if it isn't religion?

I'm not against all abortions, but I believe they should only be allowed for certain circumstances.  I'm not sure the government needs the power to decide for people though.

Overall though, it's a non-issue to me.  It's your life.  Live it how you want to.  I just think it's bullshit to take a life for such a selfish reason as "I'm not ready for a kid."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:05:49 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2010, 11:07:25 AM »
I'm not against all abortions, but I only believe they should be allowed for certain circumstances. 

People shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion just because they were irresponsible during intercourse and don't really want a kid.  Too fucking bad. 

Too fucking bad for the kid you mean. I agree it's bullshit to use abortion as a means of birth control, but I don't like seeing kids on the news with cigarette burns or broken little arms either.

I don't know if I could personally have one, but as long as it's done within the first trimester...I'm fine with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Token

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2010, 11:14:17 AM »
Too fucking bad for the kid you mean. I agree it's bullshit to use abortion as a means of birth control, but I don't like seeing kids on the news with cigarette burns or broken little arms either.

I don't know if I could personally have one, but as long as it's done within the first trimester...I'm fine with it.

You got me before my edit. 

IMO, abortion isn't a legitimate answer for child abuse.  But I see your point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2010, 11:34:16 AM »
I just mean your tone mainly when the arguments go to the mud. The name calling, redneck idiot labeling. Thats very Olbermann-esque and youre probably better than that. I can tell you that Keith and Ron differ very much. Keith is all about big govt and the nanny state - pretty much everything Obama wants while Paul is fiscally probably the most conservative member of Congress. I - like Paul - am against Abortion. And also like him, it has nothing to do with religion. I really think we screwed up not nominating the guy on the GOP ticket. He wiped the floor in every debate I saw.
I'm aware of the ideological differences between Ron Paul and Keith Olberman. I'm saying I don't agree with one single thing that Olberman might argue that Paul wouldn't also agree with.

Tone? I don't like your tone. /thread  :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2010, 11:41:38 AM »

I have my reasons. We'll keep it at that.  :)

I'm aware of the ideological differences between Ron Paul and Keith Olberman. I'm saying I don't agree with one single thing that Olberman might argue that Paul wouldn't also agree with.

Tone? I don't like your tone. /thread  :poke:

Im not sure they have any common ground except for being Anti-War and maybe legalizing mary jane. Olbermann is an ideologue, Paul is not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
I have my reasons. We'll keep it at that.  :)

Im not sure they have any common ground except for being Anti-War and maybe legalizing mary jane. Olbermann is an ideologue, Paul is not.
So I ask again, what position have I taken in these forums that Ron Paul would not agree with?

-Legalizing Marijuana?
-Removing restrictions on alcohol in the state?
-Repealing DADT?
-This Arizona bill where Mexican citizens are required to show "their papers" when demanded by law enforcement?
-The freedom of a business to decide whether or not to allow smoking on its private property?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2010, 11:56:47 AM »
Abortion is one of those issues where I can legitimately see both sides of the debate, with religion not being a factor.

Most importantly, I don't think the Government has a right to intrude on such a personal decision as that.

Science dictates that there's essentially no difference between aborting in the first trimester as there is jerking off and wiping it on a towel. I tend to err on the side of science in these matters.

However, that being said, I would have a hard time personally with ending the life of my child, even if it is before it technically is a life. It just would feel wrong, I would think.

I can understand the argument that it is murder, and murder should be punishable.

It's a complicated issue, one of the few that I totally understand where both sides are coming from.

Because of all of what I stated above, I believe the law should allow abortions in the first trimester, but strictly make them illegal beyond that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2010, 12:17:07 PM »
So I ask again, what position have I taken in these forums that Ron Paul would not agree with?

-Legalizing Marijuana?
-Removing restrictions on alcohol in the state?
-Repealing DADT?
-This Arizona bill where Mexican citizens are required to show "their papers" when demanded by law enforcement?
-The freedom of a business to decide whether or not to allow smoking on its private property?

How does he stand on the last 4? I really havent looked into his stances on the last 4 since those debates have occured recently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2010, 04:19:24 PM »
What the hell?  Hijacking my thread like that... 

Go start your own!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand