"Jesus Just Left Chicago" - ZZ Top
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #2422 on: June 07, 2011, 09:17:50 AM »
Breath - Pearl Jam
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2423 on: June 07, 2011, 10:25:25 AM »
Can't Get High - Widespread Panic
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #2424 on: June 07, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »
Radiohead - Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2425 on: June 07, 2011, 01:46:06 PM »
The Weight - The Band
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2426 on: June 07, 2011, 03:32:32 PM »
Gator Country - Molly Hatchet
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2427 on: June 07, 2011, 03:42:50 PM »
She Rides - Danzig
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2428 on: June 07, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »
Gator Country - Molly Hatchet

I will be digging through my collection and seeing what Molly Hatchet I can dig up......In the mean time:

What I Didn't Do - Steve Wariner
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2429 on: June 07, 2011, 03:55:03 PM »
I will be digging through my collection and seeing what Molly Hatchet I can dig up......In the mean time:

What I Didn't Do - Steve Wariner

Now there's another very underrated artist/musician.  Wariner is a top flight geetar player and has a great voice.  I worked up a couple of his tunes a few years back and he has some very challenging stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2430 on: June 07, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
Now there's another very underrated artist/musician.  Wariner is a top flight geetar player and has a great voice.  I worked up a couple of his tunes a few years back and he has some very challenging stuff.

Good picker and excellent song writer,  some of his stuff is tear jerking music.   I need to get a lot better before I try some of his stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2431 on: June 07, 2011, 03:57:46 PM »
Jesus of Suburbia - Green Day
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2432 on: June 07, 2011, 04:01:47 PM »
Good picker and excellent song writer,  some of his stuff is tear jerking music.   I need to get a lot better before I try some of his stuff.

I worked up his rythym parts.  I suxxor at teh leads and especially some of his stuff.  The Weekend is a sappy one but one of the few songs I kind of relate to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2433 on: June 07, 2011, 04:05:03 PM »
Jesus of Suburbia - Green Day

I never got into Green Day like a lot of other folks.

I worked up his rythym parts.  I suxxor at teh leads and especially some of his stuff.  The Weekend is a sappy one but one of the few songs I kind of relate to.

I listen to Life's Highway at least once a week on the drive into work.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2434 on: June 07, 2011, 04:16:26 PM »

I just recently got into their newer stuff (American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown).  Almost a throwback to the "rock opera."  Definitely worth a listen.

Sunshine - Alice in Chains
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2435 on: June 07, 2011, 04:25:42 PM »

Same here. I don't like them personally or professionally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2436 on: June 07, 2011, 04:26:35 PM »
I just recently got into their newer stuff (American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown).  Almost a throwback to the "rock opera."  Definitely worth a listen.

Sunshine - Alice in Chains

One of my favorites.....have you listened to Black Gives Way to Blue album yet?  The first song I heard from it was "Check My Brain"  I remember listening and thinking, "well shit, when did they record this song and why don't I have it already"   Then I find out that it's new and was thinking that it was 1993 all over again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2437 on: June 07, 2011, 04:33:50 PM »
One of my favorites.....have you listened to Black Gives Way to Blue album yet?  The first song I heard from it was "Check My Brain"  I remember listening and thinking, "well shit, when did they record this song and why don't I have it already"   Then I find out that it's new and was thinking that it was 1993 all over again.

Alice was up there with Nirvana to me. They just didn't get as much mainstream play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2438 on: June 07, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »
Alice was up there with Nirvana to me. They just didn't get as much mainstream play.

Nirvana, I wasn't all that crazy about really, but did give credit for the talent they had in that band and didn't really appreciate them until Unplugged came out.   Cobain could write a song.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2439 on: June 07, 2011, 04:57:35 PM »
Yes, I've got all the AiC.  And I'm not sure where they found the singer yet, but he sounds just like Layne Staley.

I never got to see AiC in concert.  Fall 1992, they were opening for Ozzy, and I had tickets.  Show was to be in August, before fall quarter started at Auburn.  About a week before the show, they push it back, to the middle of what would be finals week, so I ended up giving my tickets to some friends.  Still pissed about that.

And, same school year, Nirvana was playing in B'ham.  Guy in the dorm asked if I wanted to go, but I had an 8am class the next day, "No, I'll catch them next time."  DOH.

Sweet Soul Sister - The Cult
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions