Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Watcha listening to?

Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #2280 on: May 24, 2011, 11:55:05 AM »
Started to go that route but didn't have it here at the office.

You didn't bring your green hat?

Feelin' Satisfied - Boston
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2281 on: May 24, 2011, 12:07:53 PM »
You didn't bring your green hat?

Feelin' Satisfied - Boston

You're crazy, man. You're crazy. I like you, but you're crazy.

I Don't Know - Hank Williams III
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #2282 on: May 24, 2011, 01:20:33 PM »
Started to go that route but didn't have it here at the office.

I didn't have the Gourds version, I looked it up on YouTube just so I could type in that I was listening to it.

Quote from: AUTiger1
You're crazy, man. You're crazy. I like you, but you're crazy.

I Don't Know - Hank Williams III

Can't get into Hank Williams III.  He reminds me too much of the rich kid from the burbs who tries to be all gangsta, but in a country way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2283 on: May 24, 2011, 01:29:52 PM »
I didn't have the Gourds version, I looked it up on YouTube just so I could type in that I was listening to it.

Can't get into Hank Williams III.  He reminds me too much of the rich kid from the burbs who tries to be all gangsta, but in a country way.

I don't get utubes here at work...  :(

I like him ok, I guess I like his outspoken opinion on things.  He has bashed Nashville for not giving Shooter Jennings any love after 4th of July went top 20 and bashes them for hating on Dwight Yoakam.  What really got me to liking him was on the Hank Williams anniversary special several years ago.  He mentioned since they were playing on the Opry stage and they wanted to remember him, how about reinstating him as a member.  Then he played one of his songs that he wasn't supposed to and the look on Little Jimmy Dickens face was priceless.  Now, I like Shooter Jennings a lot better than III.

Miles to Memphis - Chris Knight
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #2284 on: May 24, 2011, 02:33:07 PM »
Rockin' in the Free World - Pearl Jam (With Bono and The Edge)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2285 on: May 25, 2011, 10:28:21 AM »
"Stranger in a Strange Land" - Iron Maiden
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2286 on: May 25, 2011, 11:17:09 AM »
Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2287 on: May 25, 2011, 11:27:40 AM »
Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand - The Beatles
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2288 on: May 25, 2011, 11:44:13 AM »
Parole Board - Junior Brown
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2289 on: May 25, 2011, 03:27:55 PM »
Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way - Waylon Jennings

Reminds me, from the Rolling Stone Interview with Kris Kristofferson, he was talking about Toby Keith and newer country acts and he said to the interviewer:

Kristofferson: "You know what Waylon Jennings said about guys like him?" .
Interviewer: I shook my head
Kristofferson quoting Waylon: They're doin' to country music what pantyhose did to finger-fuckin'. Ruined it."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2290 on: May 25, 2011, 03:39:09 PM »
A Man I'll Never Be - Boston
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2291 on: May 25, 2011, 04:13:07 PM »
Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way - Waylon Jennings

Reminds me, from the Rolling Stone Interview with Kris Kristofferson, he was talking about Toby Keith and newer country acts and he said to the interviewer:

Kristofferson: "You know what Waylon Jennings said about guys like him?" .
Interviewer: I shook my head
Kristofferson quoting Waylon: They're doin' to country music what pantyhose did to finger-effin'. Ruined it."

:classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2292 on: May 25, 2011, 04:17:29 PM »
:classic:

I thought so.  I have to agree with him.  I just can't get into the new country.  I have tired, but "Thank God for Good Directions and Turnip Greens",  "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" and "International Harvester".   That kind of crap drives me crazy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2293 on: May 25, 2011, 04:32:55 PM »
I thought so.  I have to agree with him.  I just can't get into the new country.  I have tired, but "Thank God for Good Directions and Turnip Greens",  "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" and "International Harvester".   That kind of crap drives me crazy.

Some of it's good, you just don't hear it on the radio.  See Jamey Johnson, Shooter, BR549, etc.

For stuff on mainstream radio I like Miranda Lambert, most of her songs are real country.  She has a few clunkers, but even George Jones did "High Tech Redneck".  Hell, I even have respect for Taylor Swift; she at least writes her own music.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2294 on: May 25, 2011, 04:35:53 PM »
Finish What Ya Started - Van Halen
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2295 on: May 25, 2011, 04:41:46 PM »
Some of it's good, you just don't hear it on the radio.  See Jamey Johnson, Shooter, BR549, etc.

For stuff on mainstream radio I like Miranda Lambert, most of her songs are real country.  She has a few clunkers, but even George Jones did "High Tech Redneck".  Hell, I even have respect for Taylor Swift; she at least writes her own music.

Yeah, I like the Ryan Bingham's, Chris Knight, Jamey Johnson, Shooter, Junior Brown stuff a whole lot more than the main stream stuff on the Wolf or WDRM. 

I like Miranda Lambert, not all of her songs, but she has a great voice, can pick, and she writes most of her stuff too.  Being hawt doesn't hurt.  I have mucho respect for Taylor Swift, hate her songs, but you are correct, at least she writes them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2296 on: May 25, 2011, 04:51:57 PM »
Dreadful Selfish Crime - Robert Earl Keen
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2297 on: May 25, 2011, 11:27:20 PM »
Lovin' Her Was Easier (Than Anything I'll Ever Do Again) - Waylon Jennings

Had to after talking about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2298 on: May 26, 2011, 07:06:23 AM »
"China Grove" - Doobie Brothers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #2299 on: May 26, 2011, 08:20:39 AM »
In the Garage - Weezer
followed by...
Shine - Collective Soul
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions