Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Watcha listening to?

Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #560 on: August 17, 2010, 10:58:08 AM »
Whats not to love about Orbison, Dylan, Harrison, Lynne and Petty?

I thought is was Lefty, Lucky, Nelson, Otis, and Charlie...

But yes, I like them too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #561 on: August 17, 2010, 11:04:28 AM »
Talking about the Wilburys put me in a Dylan mood...

Tangled Up in Blue - Bob Dylan
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #562 on: August 17, 2010, 11:29:41 AM »
End of the Line - Traveling Wilbury's

Opinion of them?
Love em...thought they were a great super band. Whats not to love about Orbison, Dylan, Harrison, Lynne and Petty?
I liked them all except Dylan.  I know I will be shouted down, as I usually am, but while I think he is a talented songwriter, I also think he has the musical talent of a post it note.  His voice grates on my everlovin last nerve and he doesn't even play guitar that well.  I compare his voice to Stevie Nicks - very different and not all that melodic, but in her case, she had all of Fleetwood Mac behind her, making her voice merely unique and their signature sound. 

Dylan?  That nasal tone is ridiculous, and there is nothing redeeming about the background music or vocals to bail him out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #563 on: August 17, 2010, 12:45:42 PM »
I liked them all except Dylan.  I know I will be shouted down, as I usually am, but while I think he is a talented songwriter, I also think he has the musical talent of a post it note.  His voice grates on my everlovin last nerve and he doesn't even play guitar that well.  I compare his voice to Stevie Nicks - very different and not all that melodic, but in her case, she had all of Fleetwood Mac behind her, making her voice merely unique and their signature sound. 

Dylan?  That nasal tone is ridiculous, and there is nothing redeeming about the background music or vocals to bail him out.

Ding, ding, ding, ding....could not have said it better. His voice is, was and always will be crap.  If you like his song writing so much, then just read the lyrics, but for gawds sake, don't subject us to that voice.  Same goes for Neil Young.  Write for other people and just stop singing.

Damni it to hell those two are awful
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #564 on: August 17, 2010, 01:07:41 PM »
Little Blue One - Cowboy Mouth
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #565 on: August 17, 2010, 02:48:01 PM »
"Aces High" - Iron Maiden
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #566 on: August 17, 2010, 03:09:24 PM »

Nah, not a bad assessment at all. Everyone knows Dylan cant sing. Its a running joke. But hes a folk singer so its expected. Most folk singer talent is in the lyrics not in the voice.  His son could sing pretty good.....speaking of......

Three Marlenas - Wallflowers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #567 on: August 17, 2010, 03:20:44 PM »
Nah, not a bad assessment at all. Everyone knows Dylan cant sing. Its a running joke. But hes a folk singer so its expected. Most folk singer talent is in the lyrics not in the voice.  His son could sing pretty good.....speaking of......

Agreed on the Wallflowers.  You can hear the Dylan whine in his voice but it's actually not bad and more suited to rock and roll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #568 on: August 17, 2010, 03:24:12 PM »

I like the Wallflowers.   The greatest thing that Bob Dylan did for music was let Jimi record "All Along the Watch Tower"

Agree with you on the folk singer thing.  I can think of a few that had good voices.  One used to be your avatar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #569 on: August 17, 2010, 03:49:26 PM »
I like the Wallflowers.   The greatest thing that Bob Dylan did for music was let Jimi record "All Along the Watch Tower"

Agree with you on the folk singer thing.  I can think of a few that had good voices.  One used to be your avatar.

RIP Jim.

A few folks singers who couldn't sing well IMHO:
John Denver- wasn't all that bad but not good either. Very whiney. Goodlyrics for the mountains.
Judy Collins - makes my spine tingle she is so bad.
Joan Baez - see Judy Collins but not quite as bad.
Peter, Paul and Mary - just a personal preference, I don't like em.
Jewel - terrible voice but i like a  lot of her music
Norah Jones - same as Jewel
Arlo Guthrie- good songs, avg voice. City of NO is still a classic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #570 on: August 17, 2010, 03:53:41 PM »
RIP Jim.

A few folks singers who couldn't sing well IMHO:
John Denver- wasn't all that bad but not good either. Very whiney. Goodlyrics for the mountains.
Judy Collins - makes my spine tingle she is so bad.
Joan Baez - see Judy Collins but not quite as bad.
Peter, Paul and Mary - just a personal preference, I don't like em.
Jewel - terrible voice but i like a  lot of her music
Norah Jones - same as Jewel
Arlo Guthrie- good songs, avg voice. City of NO is still a classic.

Yeah but Jewel is hot so..........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #571 on: August 17, 2010, 04:03:02 PM »
Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress) - The Hollies
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #572 on: August 17, 2010, 05:27:56 PM »
Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - Warren Zevon
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #573 on: August 18, 2010, 06:53:23 AM »
"Damn It Feel Good TO Be A Gangsta" - Geto Boys
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #574 on: August 18, 2010, 07:31:55 AM »
Nevermind Me - Mighty Mighty Bosstones
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #575 on: August 18, 2010, 09:37:41 AM »
"Damn It Feel Good TO Be A Gangsta" - Geto Boys

No shit, My Minds Playing Trick On Me, just came across my pandora station no less than 10 minutes ago.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #576 on: August 18, 2010, 09:50:52 AM »
"Stay With Me" - Train
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #577 on: August 18, 2010, 10:26:45 AM »
Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress) - The Hollies

Excellent band. Very underrated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #578 on: August 18, 2010, 10:31:09 AM »
"Rage in the Cage" - The J. Geils Band
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #579 on: August 18, 2010, 10:46:52 AM »
Wasted On The Way - CS&N

I Need You Tonight - INXS

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions