Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Watcha listening to?

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #500 on: August 11, 2010, 10:12:14 AM »
Shame on the Moon - Seger

Looks like I am going on a Bob Seger kick next...

I love this song...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:55:27 AM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #501 on: August 11, 2010, 10:13:30 AM »
Shame on the Moon - Segar

Looks like I am going on a Bob Segar kick next...

I love this song...

You are a fantastic human being
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

« Reply #502 on: August 11, 2010, 10:19:16 AM »
You are a fantastic human being

Aaaaaand she gets her first internet stalker...

:)

I have always loved Segar - he was probably the first artist I really got into when I was younger.  Actually, Shame on the Moon was a radio hit in the early 80s, and that got me turned onto his music.  Have loved him ever since. 

Watch Her Strut

Fire Lake

Also two personal favorites.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #503 on: August 11, 2010, 10:25:54 AM »
Aaaaaand she gets her first internet stalker...

:)

I have always loved Segar - he was probably the first artist I really got into when I was younger.  Actually, Shame on the Moon was a radio hit in the early 80s, and that got me turned onto his music.  Have loved him ever since. 

Watch Her Strut

Fire Lake

Also two personal favorites.

Nah....

I just have my 7-10 artists that I absolutely love and Seger is one of em. He is touring this fall from what I have read.

Fire Lake is a great one - "who's gonna ride that chrome three wheela...."   Love it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #504 on: August 11, 2010, 11:16:25 AM »
Home For Sale - Dwight Yoakam
Get Rhythm - Johnny Cash

I can tolerate some country, some I actually like....not much, but some.  Outlaw Country, some others (Dwight Yoakam, Shooter Jennings, Hank III...etc) the rest just suck.  It amazes me that they actually make the money that they do.

Oh yeah, I am not crazy about Brad Paisley, Vince Gill or Steve Warner, but I have had the pleasure of seeing them play live and respect their talent.  Boys can tear a guitar up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

« Reply #505 on: August 11, 2010, 11:23:46 AM »
Home For Sale - Dwight Yoakam
Get Rhythm - Johnny Cash

I can tolerate some country, some I actually like....not much, but some.

Ever listen to Hal Ketchum?  His music is amazing.

And Dwight Yokum puts on one hell of a concert.  The man is ugly as sin, but something about him on stage makes a girl want to throw her... ahem, anyway, we had front row seats, and trust me when I tell you - you could not have inserted a playing card into the back pocket of that man's jeans.  I do not know how he managed to move and sing.  But sing he did.  he is another one that can play the hell out of a guitar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #506 on: August 11, 2010, 11:41:56 AM »
Ever listen to Hal Ketchum?  His music is amazing.

And Dwight Yokum puts on one hell of a concert.  The man is ugly as sin, but something about him on stage makes a girl want to throw her... ahem, anyway, we had front row seats, and trust me when I tell you - you could not have inserted a playing card into the back pocket of that man's jeans.  I do not know how he managed to move and sing.  But sing he did.  he is another one that can play the hell out of a guitar.

Hal Ketchum is good.  I tend to like the guys that Nashville hates.  I noticed something about Dwight Yoakam.  He has been nominated and won numerous ACM awards, but has only been nominated for two CMA's.  I once saw an interview with someone that asked Dwight who he pissed off in Nashville for them to have that much hate for him.  He said he didn't know and he didn't care, that he knew he put out good music, still put on a good show and sold them out and that was all that mattered........I like that kind of attitude.

Old Soldiers is one of my favorite Hal Ketchum songs.  I Know Where Love Lives, Past the Point of Rescue, Sure Love, his version of 5' O Clock World, I Miss My Mary...........lots of good ones.  He reminds me of Van Morrison in a way.  Hard to explain but he does.  A good vocalist, good writer and just puts out solid music.   IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

« Reply #507 on: August 11, 2010, 11:51:45 AM »
Hal Ketchum is good.  I tend to like the guys that Nashville hates.  I noticed something about Dwight Yoakam.  He has been nominated and won numerous ACM awards, but has only been nominated for two CMA's.  I once saw an interview with someone that asked Dwight who he pissed off in Nashville for them to have that much hate for him.  He said he didn't know and he didn't care, that he knew he put out good music, still put on a good show and sold them out and that was all that mattered........I like that kind of attitude.

Old Soldiers is one of my favorite Hal Ketchum songs.  I Know Where Love Lives, Past the Point of Rescue, Sure Love, his version of 5' O Clock World, I Miss My Mary...........lots of good ones.  He reminds me of Van Morrison in a way.  Hard to explain but he does.  A good vocalist, good writer and just puts out solid music.   IMO.

NO - I get that analogy.  VERY Van-like in his lyrics.  They are deep and soulful, and are not cheezy and sappy.  You feel his pain when he sings I Miss My Mary.   He feels the words.  That's what makes his music to me.

The CMAs are a joke.  Dwight... is right...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #508 on: August 11, 2010, 11:53:53 AM »

Have been since Rascal Flatts, Sugarland and Taylor Swift started winning them......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #509 on: August 11, 2010, 12:21:30 PM »
wooly bully - sam the sham and the pharaohs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #510 on: August 11, 2010, 12:31:48 PM »
Have been since Rascal Flatts, Sugarland and Taylor Swift started winning them......

Long before that......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #511 on: August 11, 2010, 12:33:27 PM »
NO - I get that analogy.  VERY Van-like in his lyrics.  They are deep and soulful, and are not cheezy and sappy.  You feel his pain when he sings I Miss My Mary.   He feels the words.  That's what makes his music to me.

Agree 100% with you, although some will call us crazy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #512 on: August 11, 2010, 01:12:50 PM »
Long before that......

Ok, George Strait too.....LOL

Sorry Strait fans, but George is very fortunate to have the best songwriters, producers and DJ's on his side. He also scored many hits during a very watered down era in Country Music (late 70's to the early 90's). Garth is another one who ruined it. Both commercially marketed successes.

I personally like Hank Sr, Hank III, Hank Jr, Yoakam, Alabama, Vern Godsden, Merle Haggard and some of the other non-establishment old timers who never moved to Nashville and drank the Kool Aid. Even though he has lived in Nashville much of his career, I respect George Jones for his criticism of the industry and what it has become.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #513 on: August 11, 2010, 01:19:51 PM »
"Falling In Love (is hard on the knees)" - Aerosmith
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #514 on: August 11, 2010, 01:39:52 PM »
Lovin' Her Was Easier (Than Anything I'll Ever Do Again) "Live" - Waylon Jennings
4th of July - Shooter Jennings
Past the Point of Rescue - Hal Ketchum (Thanks Wench XOXO!)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #515 on: August 11, 2010, 01:52:15 PM »
"Don't Bring Me Down" - Electric Light Orchestra
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #516 on: August 11, 2010, 02:59:12 PM »
"Don't Bring Me Down" - Electric Light Orchestra

Do ya?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #517 on: August 11, 2010, 03:03:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #518 on: August 11, 2010, 03:30:23 PM »
Ok, George Strait too.....LOL

Sorry Strait fans, but George is very fortunate to have the best songwriters, producers and DJ's on his side. He also scored many hits during a very watered down era in Country Music (late 70's to the early 90's). Garth is another one who ruined it. Both commercially marketed successes.
And  it does not hurt that he lives the cowboy lifestyle - team roping is a very difficult event - and that his ass in a pair of Wranglers makes my heart sing...

Some of his early stuff - Amarillo by Morning comes to mind immediately - is old school country.  But once he went mainstream... and became commercialized... meh.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #519 on: August 11, 2010, 03:31:41 PM »
Past the Point of Rescue - Hal Ketchum (Thanks Wench XOXO!)

Is no word from you at all the best that you can do?

Yr welcome... I think I will crank that up on the way home this evening...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions