Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Luke Cothron

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Luke Cothron
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 05:48:36 PM »
Coach Barbee, in the month or so that he's been at Auburn, has done more in recruiting the State than Coach Lebo did his last TWO years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 07:26:52 PM »
I like to put women on a pedestal. High enough where I can see under her dress.
high enough to look up their dress
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 10:12:48 PM »
Coach Barbee, in the month or so that he's been at Auburn, has done more in recruiting the State than Coach Lebo did his last TWO years ever did or will do.

FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 09:57:08 PM »
I think you guys are being harsh on Lebo.  He clearly wasn't given enough time. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 10:33:29 PM »

You need at least 10 years to start implementing your system.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 07:04:23 AM »
high enough to look up their dress

Why do you hate small print?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 09:11:57 AM »

He never had a blueprint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 12:20:48 PM »
By the way, he has officially signed.

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2010/05/auburn_coach_tony_barbee_comme.html

Auburn coach Tony Barbee comments on signing of forward Luke Cothron
By Evan Woodbery
May 07, 2010, 6:45AM

AUBURN -- Luke Cothron is officially an Auburn Tiger.

The Huntsville native and North Carolina prep school standout signed a letter of intent to play for new coach Tony Barbee on Thursday."

"Luke gives us a different level of talent," Barbee said in a university release. "He is an immediate difference-maker for us along the front line. He is a guy who has the ability to score in a variety of ways, inside and out. He has a knack for being around the ball, which makes him a great rebounder."

Cothron joins Josh Langford, who attends Huntsville's Lee High, as the second player in Barbee's abbreviated first class. Barbee inherited six signees from former coach Jeff Lebo, but two players opted to go elsewhere and were released from their letters of intent.

Cothron is listed at 6-9 and is expected to play power forward in college. Rivals.com ranks him as the No. 45 overall recruit nationally and 11th-ranked power forward.

"(Cothron) wants to be a part of a winner in building something special," Barbee said. "He is going to go a long way in helping us reach those goals while at the same time, we will help him reach his."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 12:19:33 AM »
So what happened with this guy? 

Academic issues.  Clearly we don't have people changing grades and taking tests for players.  Has anybody ever been declared academically ineligible who signed with that other shit eating school? 

Okay, I get academic issues.  But he went to Connecticut. He went to New Orleans. He's going to Idaho. (and if he was homesick in Conn, just wait until he gets to the 'ho).   But there's a Scarbinsky article out there where he says Baylor and Alabama are the schools he would look at if he ever spends enough time at one place to get re-eligibile-ized. 

When it comes to reconsidering AU?  Scarbinsky says "not a chance." 

Just curious why. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.