Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fantasy Baseball

chinook

Re: Fantasy Baseball
« Reply #260 on: September 29, 2008, 03:08:30 PM »
nookie wins the championship on the last day after a fierce waiver wire battle held on saturday between him and ogre. 

the championship was a tie but the tie break favored nookie who had the lower era for the two weeks.   thanks war eagle!!! for setting up the tie break system that way. 

lets not go on without noticing thrilla who played is heart out to finish 7th. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #261 on: September 29, 2008, 03:23:52 PM »
nookie wins the championship on the last day after a fierce waiver wire battle held on saturday between him and ogre. 

the championship was a tie but the tie break favored nookie who had the lower era for the two weeks.   thanks war eagle!!! for setting up the tie break system that way. 

lets not go on without noticing thrilla who played is heart out to finish 7th. 

Despite the fact that this is the first fantasy baseball championship I've see, I still must say that it's the best fantasy baseball championship I've ever seen.  You guys really were neck and neck for two straight weeks, and you rarely see that in this fantasy game.

Congrats to Nookie on first place, and $0 in money and prizes earned...but you get one hell of a pat on the back!  Plus, I know from experience that the satisfaction of beating Ogre is immense and a bit hard to quantify at first, so just do your best to enjoy the experience. 

Next year, perhaps, we'll throw a little dough in there to make it more interesting.  And maybe that will get some folks (cough cough Kaos cough cough) a little more active in the league. 

On to football, and supreme domination!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2008, 11:32:16 PM »
You guys really were neck and neck for two straight weeks, and you rarely see that in this fantasy game.

you know we both stacked our line-up on starting pitchers for sunday.  ogre had 5 or 6 while i had  7 but one ended up not starting.   of those he got 1 win and i got 2.   i also stacked my line up with home run hitters.  that paid off. 

i would vote a split championship but i'll take the said enjoyment. 

it figures i won with no money involved.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #263 on: September 29, 2008, 11:37:11 PM »
I just got online and saw where I lost.  I would like to say that I'd be gracious in 'defeat' but that's bullshit.  I wuz robbed!

Why couldn't the tie breaker be runs scored, RBI's, stolen bases, or batting average?  The way I see it, we tied 4-4, and I won the other head-to-head matchups against nookie.  I refuse to admit defeat when I wasn't beaten and ended the season with a better overall record.  Fuck your Fantasy Baseball rules.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #264 on: September 30, 2008, 11:23:33 AM »
I just got online and saw where I lost.  I would like to say that I'd be gracious in 'defeat' but that's bullshit.  I wuz robbed!

Why couldn't the tie breaker be runs scored, RBI's, stolen bases, or batting average?  The way I see it, we tied 4-4, and I won the other head-to-head matchups against nookie.  I refuse to admit defeat when I wasn't beaten and ended the season with a better overall record.  Fuck your Fantasy Baseball rules.

Send a letter of complaint and a $20 complaint registration fee to the commissioner and I am sure I he will be able to take a look into the stats and see what has happened.

Remember, nothing can be done without the letter and the complaint registration fee sent to me the office of the commissioner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #265 on: September 30, 2008, 12:01:15 PM »
Send a letter of complaint and a $20 complaint registration fee to the commissioner and I am sure I he will be able to take a look into the stats and see what has happened.

Remember, nothing can be done without the letter and the complaint registration fee sent to me the office of the commissioner.

Turnabout is fair play.  I foresee the fantasy football karma gods allowing Ogre the commissioner of our fantasy football league having his way with you in the near future. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions