Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Alabama Colleges's Graduation Rate

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
Alabama Colleges's Graduation Rate
« on: April 27, 2010, 01:40:10 AM »
According to numbers released by the Alabama Commission on Higher Education in 2007, the six-year graduation rates at Alabama universities are as follows:

* Alabama A&M University, 33 percent

* Alabama State University, 27 percent

* Auburn University, 63 percent

* Auburn University Montgomery, 27 percent

* Jacksonville State University, 38 percent

* Troy University, 42 percent

* University of Alabama, 65 percent

* University of Alabama at Birmingham, 38 percent

* University of Alabama at Huntsville, 44 percent

* University of Montevallo, 47 percent

* University of North Alabama, 41 percent

* University of South Alabama, 37 percent

* University of West Alabama, 20 percent

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/04/alabama_college_students_gradu.html

Both Alabama and Auburn are leaps and bound by any others and Livingston at 20percent is hilarious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Alabama Colleges's Graduation Rate
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 09:47:09 AM »
Livingston?

You must be an old fart.......

Not many remember it's true identity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:00:29 AM »
Did the study take into account that schools like UAB and JSU are mostly "commuter" type schools, with lots of part timers?  Not all part timers can graduate in 6 years if they also work fulltime.  I don't give a damn either way, and I did not read the report, but that could make some look worse than thye otherwise are.

Still, 20% is horrid.

And I still thought of it as Livingston - had no idea it was now West AL?  WTF is that all about?  When did that happen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:31:18 AM »
Livingston?

You must be an old fart.......

Not many remember it's true identity.

I too would probably have referred to it as Livingston.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 11:38:11 AM »
Did the study take into account that schools like UAB and JSU are mostly "commuter" type schools, with lots of part timers?  Not all part timers can graduate in 6 years if they also work fulltime.  I don't give a damn either way, and I did not read the report, but that could make some look worse than thye otherwise are.

Still, 20% is horrid.

And I still thought of it as Livingston - had no idea it was now West AL?  WTF is that all about?  When did that happen?

Don't know how you'd study it exactly, but you're right, I'm sure the rates don't take in to account many factors that affect the "graduation" rates.  On the flip side too, are the "graduates" that are attributed to Bammer and Auburn, that started elsewhere, and finished at either school.   I'd have to say though, that 6 years is enough for anybody actually seeking a degree to get one.  Hell, I dicked around and got one in 6 years, and that included, taking a couple of semesters off for Basic Training and Infantry Training for the National Guard, not to mention the fact that I was a horrible student and not really "trying hard" to graduate.   I wouldn't be surprised if a large number of folks wind up at UWA by way of using it like they would a junior college, or due to not making it in to Alabama initially, though bammer turning someone down is unlikely, I guess it could happen.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:39:50 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:39:02 AM »
Don't know how you'd study it exactly, but you're right, I'm sure the rates don't take in to account many factors that affect the "graduation" rates.  On the flip side too, are the "graduates" that are attributed to Bammer and Auburn, that started elsewhere, and finished at either school.   I'd have to say though, that 6 years is enough for anybody actually seeking a degree to get one.  Hell, I tooled around and got one in 6 years, and that included, taking a couple of semesters off for Basic Training and Infantry Training for the National Guard, not to mention the fact that I was a horrible student and not really "trying hard" to graduate. 

Its like you were me.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 12:57:08 PM »
Did the study take into account that schools like UAB and JSU are mostly "commuter" type schools, with lots of part timers?  Not all part timers can graduate in 6 years if they also work fulltime.  I don't give a damn either way, and I did not read the report, but that could make some look worse than thye otherwise are.

Still, 20% is horrid.

And I still thought of it as Livingston - had no idea it was now West AL?  WTF is that all about?  When did that happen?
We I went there in 95' it was Uwa. They wanted it to sound more regional.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 02:29:29 PM »
I moved away from AL in 1992, so that would explain why i never heard about that.  I think Louisiana did the same thing around the same time with creating all the directional schools.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 07:04:39 PM »
He was the man around Livingston.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »
http://blog.al.com/live/2010/04/alabama_college_students_gradu.html

Both Alabama and Auburn are leaps and bound by any others and Livingston at 20percent is hilarious.

I'm wondering if the grad rates at Alabama A&M and Alabama State are "Whitey's" fault?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 10:24:15 PM »
I'm wondering if the grad rates at Alabama A&M and Alabama State are "Whitey's" fault?

Don't laugh - Ive heard similar things before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE