Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I FUCKING HATE OVER TAXATION

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: I phukING HATE OVER TAXATION
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 10:05:52 AM »
On average we get, um, about 0% of that money back.

I honestly liked the days right out of college when I made less than 50K and was single. Taxes seemed not too bad then. Then I discovered the more you made, the more taxes you paid and the less you got back. Its a little morale buster but it doesnt make me want to go back to making a lower salary. I can see where it would discourage people though. With a progressive tax rate, there isnt much incentive to want to make more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 11:53:14 AM »
I honestly liked the days right out of college when I made less than 50K and was single. Taxes seemed not too bad then. Then I discovered the more you made, the more taxes you paid and the less you got back. Its a little morale buster but it doesnt make me want to go back to making a lower salary. I can see where it would discourage people though. With a progressive tax rate, there isnt much incentive to want to make more.

There is a point of diminishing returns.  Unless you hide the money, you reach a point to where making more actually GETS you less in hand. 

There's something intrinsically wrong with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 12:33:20 PM »
On average we get, um, about 0% of that money back. 
Good...  That's how it's supposed to work.  If you get money back at the end of the year, you're just a sucker for letting the government borrow your money for the year, interest-free. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GH2001

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 12:56:39 PM »
the government borrow your money for the year, interest-free. 

BINGO - thats what its all about. They get an interest free loan. Few realize this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jadennis

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 05:14:54 PM »
"Hi, I'd like to buy a $500,000 home."  
"That'll be 550,000 please.  Plus interest.  On the 550,000, not the 500,000."  

50 grand is a lot more dough.  

Not that they would ever do it, but they could have certain items that have a lower (because of the overall cost) sales tax.  Here in San Antonio, my sales tax is 8.25%, but on a car, the sales tax is 6.875%, or something like that.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 05:30:16 PM »
There is a point of diminishing returns.  Unless you hide the money, you reach a point to where making more actually GETS you less in hand. 

There's something intrinsically wrong with that.
There are ways you can do this...Just saying...

Don't ask me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: I FUCKING HATE OVER TAXATION
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 08:07:55 PM »
The income tax does nothing more than pay the interest on the national debt to the banks who loan the government supposedly taxpayer money with interest. And, inflation is a hidden tax because it allows the government to spend regardless of whether or not they have the funds to pay for it. But, we pay for it in percentages of taxes when prices rise. The system is screwed up for sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 11:25:13 AM »
The income tax does nothing more than pay the interest on the national debt to the banks who loan the government supposedly taxpayer money with interest. And, inflation is a hidden tax because it allows the government to spend regardless of whether or not they have the funds to pay for it. But, we pay for it in percentages of taxes when prices rise. The system is screwed up for sure.
The system?  I don't really think so, but a balanced budget amendment would go along way to reversing this trend. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 11:47:54 AM »
There are ways you can do this...Just saying...

Don't ask me.

Stupid me.  I hired an ethical accountant and a scrupulous attorney.  I need some people who see gray, not black and white.  These by the book guys are killing me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 12:26:04 PM »
Stupid me.  I hired an ethical accountant and a scrupulous attorney.  I need some people who see gray, not black and white.  These by the book guys are killing me. 
I was kidding with you Kaos, should have added the  :sarcasm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 12:41:27 PM »
The income tax does nothing more than pay the interest on the national debt to the banks who loan the government supposedly taxpayer money with interest.

Has been since they found this out in the 80's in the Grace Commission Report. Although its not 100%, its very high and higher than it should be.

The way the Fed and the govt work hand in hand and how it is operated is a travesty. The masses barely noticed when our currency went from being a US Note to a Fed Note - which are very different. It turned over control of our money supply to a private entity (yes the Fed is privately controlled) from the Congress (Article 1 US Const - Congress shall have the Power to Coin Money and Regulate the Value Thereof.). The big difference is that it is debt money now. With interest on each dollar. Its absurd.

“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money... the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered!” - Thomas Jefferson
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE