Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

When's the last time you saw something like this?

Birmingham

When's the last time you saw something like this?
« on: April 25, 2010, 06:55:27 PM »
Hightower sent 6'7'' 325 pound D.J. Fluker flying.  How do you even do this to a guy that big.  It makes me happy on one hand while also very concerned about Fluker.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: When's the last time you saw something like this?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 08:45:20 PM »
Fluker has been use to using his weight and not a lot of technique, once he gets the technique part down and gets stronger, he could be a force.  I saw what UNC's Donte Moss did to him in the Army All-American Game, just about every pass...Moss would run either around or underneath Fluker and nail the QB (If I remember correctly, Fluker gave up 3 or 4 sacks).  Like I said in a thread about Fluker, that he's gonna have trouble during pass plays.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Birmingham

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 09:25:52 PM »
Fluker has been use to using his weight and not a lot of technique, once he gets the technique part down and gets stronger, he could be a force.  I saw what UNC's Donte Moss did to him in the Army All-American Game, just about every pass...Moss would run either around or underneath Fluker and nail the QB (If I remember correctly, Fluker gave up 3 or 4 sacks).  Like I said in a thread about Fluker, that he's gonna have trouble during pass plays.

That seems to be the verdict verbatim by the coaches.  Sounds like they really love his run blocking but openly say that his pass blocking needs real work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »
     He's got to get quicker.  Either that or they'll have to adjust the shape of the pocket to him.  He's still trying to back-pedal to his spot when the other guy hits him, all his weight is on his heels and all it takes is a push.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 01:46:35 PM »
Whats really funny if you watch the video.  Is that I think it even surprises Hightower, because he just kind of stops afterwords.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 01:52:42 PM »
Flucker never got his head back, he was looking down at the ground before he got roached.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 02:02:38 PM »
That seems to be the verdict verbatim by the coaches.  Sounds like they really love his run blocking but openly say that his pass blocking needs real work.
That's why I would've moved him to one of the Guard positions, when he first stepped on campus.  Ya better have good feet at the Tackle position, because you're on a Island during every pass play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 02:26:13 PM »
So, I'm thinking that Hightower is pretty much 100% from his knee injury.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 06:13:27 PM »
DJ Fluker was off balance.  Why?  Because he sucks. 

I know he's young and has a lot to learn, but this guy was the #2 rated recruit in the nation coming out of high school.  After a year in the program, he still looks like a major project that very well may never see the field on Saturday or Sunday. 

I'd be worried if I were a Bama fan.  That was awful. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 08:36:03 PM »
Oh, and B'ham - the last time I saw something like that was when Chris Capps was your left tackle in the Iron Bowl.  Good times, good times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 09:30:24 PM »
Oh, and B'ham - the last time I saw something like that was when Chris Capps was your left tackle in the Iron Bowl.  Good times, good times.

We actually got to see that many times.  Good times indeed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 09:41:46 PM »
We actually got to see that many times.  Good times indeed.
I remember watching Capps stand straight up, after the snap, letting Stanley McClover go inside, then pushing him in the back....towards Brodie.  I think was the first, of many times, that Brodie went into the fedal position, McClover still got a good shot on Brodie as he kneed him in the head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions