Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Misguided? Really??? Seriously???????

Token

Re: Misguided? Really??? Seriously???????
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2010, 05:52:57 PM »
Lincoln?

They're alright, but I prefer foreign made.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2010, 06:05:17 PM »
They're alright, but I prefer foreign made.

Me too, specifically German made.

This is how you roll?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2010, 06:24:03 PM »
Just a thought...  There's an awful lot of pontificating in here on both sides of the debate.  Has anyone really read the law to know what's actually in it?  I heard a fairly decent review of it today, and I can't see anything wrong with it.  It even goes as far as discouraging racial profiling.  What's the deal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Token

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2010, 06:31:04 PM »
Me too, specifically German made.

This is how you roll?

I'm not sure what is more attractive.  The beauty on the hood or the white wall on the tire.  Either way, Ich habe holz!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2010, 06:59:30 PM »
They are illegal invaders and should be shot as soon as they step foot on US soil. Yes. All of them. It won't take long for them to understand that the invasion is over. If they are here illegally and commit a crime, immediate exportation. Since they will be shot when trying to come back, that will take care of the multiple re-entry issue. Mexico is not as forgiving as we are when illegals enter their country. Their jails and prisons are not nearly as nice as ours and their people could give a shit less as to how many and which Americans are in their government hotels.

As harsh as it seems, we need to be vigilant and a heartless about this to an extent. We are being invaded and all the libs can see are helpless victims, and more votes.

I am all about helping those in need. But we need to help our own before we can take in refugees that never leave from the south.

I am all for you sympathizers doing what was suggested before, take in these illegal and pay for them yourselves. Be their sponsors. If they commit a crime, be responsible for it. Put YOUR money where YOUR mouth is and leave the rest of us alone.

And if states like Arizona want to completely close their borders with force against illegal invaders, then they have that right. And that responsibility to their residents.

As for deportation and where they came from, 99% came here through Mexico. We just send them back to their last stop. After that, Mexico can deal with them since they did not stop them from coming into their country to begin with. This border crossing thing is beginning to look like the lottery. As soon as they get here, they win.

The world IS black and white sometimes. This is one of those times.

This is the most asinine disposition on immigration I've ever read in my life.  So you're saying we should load up our guns and shoot illegal immigrants because we can't control our own border?  How about pointing that gun at those truly responsible for this mess - the government (republican and democrat) and the business owners taking advantage of a people who are desperate to improve their lives.

You ever think about what they're coming here to do?  Live in run down trailer parks with 10 per trailer?  Work grueling jobs with small pay in constant fear that they could be arrested for being here illegally?  Attempt to live some kind of life of normalcy while dealing with the consistent perception that they're bad people here ruining the land they so badly want to be part of? 

Shoot them.  One of the most heartless statements I've ever heard, you fucking neanderthal.  I've dealt with a good number of these families over the past three years, and let me tell you something - they're wonderful people.  Absolutely wonderful.  They have it rough...yeah.  The males get into some trouble, but it's no different than the trouble white boys are getting into.  But they are all mostly generous, compassionate people who attend church as much as you or I do.  In fact, as an aggregate, I bet they have a higher percentage of church goers (or those practicing some form of standardized morality) than legal Americans.

The hardcore drug dealers causing serious issues are actually in the minority.  The majority of hispanic immigrants are here because they want the best for their children.  They have a great deal of wholesome customs that have been part of their culture for generations.  They want to see their children succeed and not be forced into tiring jobs that have no future.  Out of all of my low level students, the hispanics are the ones who do their homework.  It's the white and black kids that give me the most nuissance-like problems.  I don't have to worry about the hispanics at all - they're consistently good kids who just struggle with the English language.  Which, by the way, they are trying to learn the best way they can - with no help at home - with surrounding white kids giving them a sneer instead of showing compassion - with teachers acting the same way like ignorant white people from the 1960s scared of those nasty "coloreds" sharing a classroom with them. 

I wish we could shoot people like you for having such an intolerable attitude.  I bet that would make me feel better too to just eliminate those who are seemingly holding back our country from resembling any sort of progression. 

If you haven't gotten it yet, go fuck yourself.  Asshole. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2010, 07:04:55 PM »
Just a thought...  There's an awful lot of pontificating in here on both sides of the debate.  Has anyone really read the law to know what's actually in it?  I heard a fairly decent review of it today, and I can't see anything wrong with it.  It even goes as far as discouraging racial profiling.  What's the deal?

Once again let me ask a logical "common sense" question:

How would one go about finding ILLEGAL Mexican immigrants if you don't "profile" the Mexican looking people?  I'm betting you could ask millions of white people and find not one illegal Mexican immigrant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »
This is the most asinine disposition on immigration I've ever read in my life.  So you're saying we should load up our guns and shoot illegal immigrants because we can't control our own border?  How about pointing that gun at those truly responsible for this mess - the government (republican and democrat) and the business owners taking advantage of a people who are desperate to improve their lives.

You ever think about what they're coming here to do?  Live in run down trailer parks with 10 per trailer?  Work grueling jobs with small pay in constant fear that they could be arrested for being here illegally?  Attempt to live some kind of life of normalcy while dealing with the consistent perception that they're bad people here ruining the land they so badly want to be part of? 

Shoot them.  One of the most heartless statements I've ever heard, you fucking neanderthal.  I've dealt with a good number of these families over the past three years, and let me tell you something - they're wonderful people.  Absolutely wonderful.  They have it rough...yeah.  The males get into some trouble, but it's no different than the trouble white boys are getting into.  But they are all mostly generous, compassionate people who attend church as much as you or I do.  In fact, as an aggregate, I bet they have a higher percentage of church goers (or those practicing some form of standardized morality) than legal Americans.

The hardcore drug dealers causing serious issues are actually in the minority.  The majority of hispanic immigrants are here because they want the best for their children.  They have a great deal of wholesome customs that have been part of their culture for generations.  They want to see their children succeed and not be forced into tiring jobs that have no future.  Out of all of my low level students, the hispanics are the ones who do their homework.  It's the white and black kids that give me the most nuissance-like problems.  I don't have to worry about the hispanics at all - they're consistently good kids who just struggle with the English language.  Which, by the way, they are trying to learn the best way they can - with no help at home - with surrounding white kids giving them a sneer instead of showing compassion - with teachers acting the same way like ignorant white people from the 1960s scared of those nasty "coloreds" sharing a classroom with them. 

I wish we could shoot people like you for having such an intolerable attitude.  I bet that would make me feel better too to just eliminate those who are seemingly holding back our country from resembling any sort of progression. 

If you haven't gotten it yet, go fuck yourself.  Asshole. 
:thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »
Once again let me ask a logical "common sense" question:

How would one go about finding ILLEGAL Mexican immigrants if you don't "profile" the Mexican looking people?  I'm betting you could ask millions of white people and find not one illegal Mexican immigrant.
Which is exactly why the bill is unconstitutional on its face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2010, 07:34:03 PM »
I post this, not as a satirical tool to make light of some of your arguments, but rather because this is my only source for news and opinions, and I can't process what's being said in my own, so I'll just let the Daily Show talk for me.  :)

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-april-26-2010/law---border
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2010, 07:42:22 PM »
Which is exactly why the bill is unconstitutional on its face.

Actually it is unconstitutional to be an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:43:15 PM by AUTailgatingRules »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2010, 07:50:18 PM »
I post this, not as a satirical tool to make light of some of your arguments, but rather because this is my only source for news and opinions, and I can't process what's being said in my own, so I'll just let the Daily Show talk for me.  :)

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-april-26-2010/law---border

I stopped at Daily Show.  John Stewart?  Seriously?  ...and it's "your only source for news and opinions"????  Ouch.

The bottom line is, when it comes to the Arizona law, the part that gets left out of EVERY one of racist congering jack asses, is the fact that a police officer MUST have a lawful reason to pull you over NOT based on gender, color or perceived nationality.   That part just doesn't make it past the cutting room floor on most channels.

Let me stress again, if it's found unconstitutional, then fine, I will trust in the judges ruling in the matter.  I'm even okay with that.  What I WON'T be okay with, is being classified as a racist because I happen to agree with the premise on which the law was drafted.  I also WON'T be okay if Obama continues his self admitted failure to act in the very short term.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2010, 07:58:44 PM »
I stopped at Daily Show.  John Stewart?  Seriously?  ...and it's "your only source for news and opinions"????  Ouch.

Double Satire Fail
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:00:46 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2010, 08:14:41 PM »

Double Satire Fail

I knew it was in sarcasm.  I guess I'll pull out the emoticon from here on out.  Besides, I only roll with The Colbert Report for all my can't miss information.

Eh hem....  :sarcasm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2010, 08:26:06 PM »
I knew it was in sarcasm.  I guess I'll pull out the emoticon from here on out.  Besides, I only roll with The Colbert Report for all my can't miss information.

Eh hem....  :sarcasm:

I stand corrected. The fail is on me.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2010, 08:49:02 PM »
As I think more about the topic, I got to ask...

Who here thinks it's fair to call people racist, simply because the opposition to paying for these people that are here illegally when it comes to services, healthcare and other burdens taken out of my income?

That's basically what's happening here.  Maybe not to an extreme here (on TigersX), but it certainly is the mainstream media intent to portrait the opposition as such.  

Townhall made a great response to an idiotic post.  It was great.  I agreed with pretty much all of it.  It still doesn't change the fact that they're not here legally, and it's getting out of control.  

Would it have been better, if Bob Barker had dropped the "help control the pet population", and replaced it with "help control the illegal population?"   I say that as a ridiculous point, but the fact is, we're not controling the population where it should be controlled and it's wrecking a state in Arizona.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:52:13 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2010, 08:58:38 PM »
Is it against the rules to use SNL as a source of my information in addition to Daily Show, Colbert, South Park, and Oprah?
:30
http://www.hulu.com/watch/144712/saturday-night-live-update-favorites-apr-24-2010#s-p1-sr-i3
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2010, 09:00:37 PM »
Is it against the rules to use SNL as a source of my information in addition to Daily Show, Colbert, South Park, and Oprah?
http://www.hulu.com/watch/144712/saturday-night-live-update-favorites-apr-24-2010#s-p1-sr-i3

:hulk:

juskeeding.....

btw...the Larry King thing was funny!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:04:23 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2010, 09:04:18 PM »

I heard SNL really sucks ass, but I had no idea how bad it was until you posted that link.  Nazi jokes?  That's seriously the best they could come up with?

How the fuck does that show still exist?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2010, 09:05:53 PM »
I heard SNL really sucks ass, but I had no idea how bad it was until you posted that link.  Nazi jokes?  That's seriously the best they could come up with?

How the fuck does that show still exist?

Andy Samburg (sp?) keeps it alive with the digital shorts.  Most of those are funny.  The one this weekend was just fucking creepy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2010, 09:11:29 PM »
Here is said "cherry battle" digital short from this past weekend with the huge bitch from Precious....

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/snl-cherry-battle-may-be-weirdest-digital-short-ever/

Not sure it unseats "pickle surprise" as the ultimate WTF video, but it's highly ranked for sure.   :silence:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions