Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Misguided? Really??? Seriously???????

Re: Misguided? Really??? Seriously???????
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2010, 07:28:52 PM »
Town...

Simple question.  While we have NO idea who's in our country now, and at a time where we can't get Americans (regardless of race, color, etc...) enough jobs, what makes you think it's a good job to be discussing all that now?

I can appreciate the desire for the US to be an open Utopian dream for any and all, but for fuck sake, we can't fucking afford it right now.

What you folks don't either seem to want, or bother understanding, is that we simply don't have the resources to take care of any more needy people that have chose ON THEIR OWN to bypass the legal system to come here and suffer.  It's THEIR fault ALSO.  

I agree with regulating and punishing businesses that allow it to happen, but that's only going to make the illegals that are here suffer more.  That doesn't fit your love for the mexican people either.

So what are we to do in the meantime?

Hmmm... Control the border, and use the necessary means to do it?  (and no, that doesn't mean shooting people...)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 07:30:16 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2010, 07:41:33 PM »
Town...

Simple question.  While we have NO idea who's in our country now, and at a time where we can't get Americans (regardless of race, color, etc...) enough jobs, what makes you think it's a good job to be discussing all that now.

I can appreciate the desire for the US to be an open Utopian dream for any and all, but for fuck sake, we can't fucking afford it right now.

What you folks don't either seem to want, or bother understanding, is that we simply don't have the resources to take care of any more needy people that have chose ON THEIR OWN to bypass the legal system to come here and suffer.  It's THEIR fault ALSO. 

I agree with regulating and punishing businesses that allow it to happen, but that's only going to make the illegals that are here suffer more.  That doesn't fit your love for the mexican people either.

So what are we to do in the meantime?

Hmmm... Control the border, and use the necessary means to do it?  (and no, that doesn't mean shooting people...)

Don't confuse my argument against CCTAU as an antithesis to immigration control. 

And yes, it is their fault.  Big time their fault.  I think illegal immigrants should be shipped back.  I think we need a big high tech wall with super-duper surveillance.  We need funding and support from the federal government.  We need a highly trained and effective branch of police to seek out illegals in order to protect our national security. 

However, I recognize the predicament we are in.  We've (we, us, you, me, I, everyone) allowed this problem to persist.  We created it.  We didn't stop it when it started.  We let it fester until it became a nuissance. 

We are the most powerful, considerate, and humane superpower in the history of the world - or at least, that's what we try to be.  Unless you're cool with sparking Latino Riotos across the country, you'll recognize that a mass deportation of 12 million+ people is out of the question.  It's not an answer. 

Using Hitler's fear tactics isn't an answer either. 

My thought is this: these are, for the most part, good people that just want to enjoy the opportunities our nation provides them.  Grant them amnesty.  A good portion of them will take advantage.  The few that don't are probably the troublemakers in the first place.  But for those who do, the ones I've personally dealt with the past three years, they'll be adding to the quality of our country as opposed to detracting from it. 

Again, saying that you don't want to take care of them through government handouts isn't their fault.  They aren't the ones who are causing government handouts.  The people in office are responsible for handouts, higher taxes, and rewriting of the constitutino.  That's where the fault lies.  That's who is forcing you to take care of the needy people. 

And I don't think punishing the businesses that hire them will hurt illegals.  Some will struggle to adapt, but they're hard workers.  It's not like they're doing shit work for less money.  These people work hard and are generally good at what they do.  I think it was JaDennis that referred to his family member hiring Mexicans.  You can research Anthony Bourdain's opinion on hispanic chefs.  He thinks they're the best in the world and are underappreciated because they work for so little money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2010, 07:57:25 PM »
Don't confuse my argument against CCTAU as an antithesis to immigration control.
Gotcha. 

And yes, it is their fault.  Big time their fault.  I think illegal immigrants should be shipped back.  I think we need a big high tech wall with super-duper surveillance.  We need funding and support from the federal government.  We need a highly trained and effective branch of police to seek out illegals in order to protect our national security. 

However, I recognize the predicament we are in.  We've (we, us, you, me, I, everyone) allowed this problem to persist.  We created it.  We didn't stop it when it started.  We let it fester until it became a nuissance. 

We are the most powerful, considerate, and humane superpower in the history of the world - or at least, that's what we try to be.  Unless you're cool with sparking Latino Riotos across the country, you'll recognize that a mass deportation of 12 million+ people is out of the question.  It's not an answer.

Good stuff, and I agree 100%. 

Using Hitler's fear tactics isn't an answer either.

I cringed here a little, because I think it's a little much, but maybe you're not suggesting the Arizona law is quite that far fetched.   

My thought is this: these are, for the most part, good people that just want to enjoy the opportunities our nation provides them.  Grant them amnesty.  A good portion of them will take advantage.  The few that don't are probably the troublemakers in the first place.  But for those who do, the ones I've personally dealt with the past three years, they'll be adding to the quality of our country as opposed to detracting from it.

I can believe in this also.  However, I'd like to see efforts made on that super duper surveillance system and border control first, so that more don't pour in looking for said amnesty.  We probably will just have to agree to disagree there. 

Again, saying that you don't want to take care of them through government handouts isn't their fault.  They aren't the ones who are causing government handouts.

The certainly aren't helping it either.  I agree with what you're about to say here...
  The people in office are responsible for handouts, higher taxes, and rewriting of the constitutino.  That's where the fault lies.  That's who is forcing you to take care of the needy people.

It's the government's fault, but don't forget that ultimately the act of coming here and crossing the border illegally is in fact a crime.  A crime they chose to break of their own free will.  They're not squeeky clean in all this, and have to take some of the blame, not just the government.  It doesn't have anything to do with how nice they are to you, or how nice they are to others once they're here.   

And I don't think punishing the businesses that hire them will hurt illegals.  Some will struggle to adapt, but they're hard workers.  It's not like they're doing shit work for less money.  These people work hard and are generally good at what they do.  I think it was JaDennis that referred to his family member hiring Mexicans.  You can research Anthony Bourdain's opinion on hispanic chefs.  He thinks they're the best in the world and are underappreciated because they work for so little money.

I don't necessarily have a problem with this.  I'm not sure it won't effect them adversely, but I suppose they could adapt in time.  Documentation and curbing the illegal immigration aspect would make this a much more easier thing to control.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2010, 08:01:53 PM »
Gotcha. 

Good stuff, and I agree 100%. 

I cringed here a little, because I think it's a little much, but maybe you're not suggesting the Arizona law is quite that far fetched.   

I can believe in this also.  However, I'd like to see efforts made on that super duper surveillance system and border control first, so that more don't pour in looking for said amnesty.  We probably will just have to agree to disagree there. 

The certainly aren't helping it either.  I agree with what you're about to say here...
It's the government's fault, but don't forget that ultimately the act of coming here and crossing the border illegally is in fact a crime.  A crime they chose to break of their own free will.  They're not squeeky clean in all this, and have to take some of the blame, not just the government.  It doesn't have anything to do with how nice they are to you, or how nice they are to others once they're here.   

I don't necessarily have a problem with this.  I'm not sure it won't effect them adversely, but I suppose they could adapt in time.  Documentation and curbing the illegal immigration aspect would make this a much more easier thing to control.

Good stuff, Chop.  And the Hitler reference wasn't to the Arizona law.  It was for CCTAU.  His idea of "shooting a few" is exactly what Hitler thought.  He believed fear was the ultimate form of government (see The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2010, 08:52:16 PM »
Good stuff, Chop.  And the Hitler reference wasn't to the Arizona law.  It was for CCTAU.  His idea of "shooting a few" is exactly what Hitler thought.  He believed fear was the ultimate form of government (see The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer).
He actually was a fan of inbreeding through euthanasia. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2010, 09:02:04 PM »
Good stuff, Chop.  And the Hitler reference wasn't to the Arizona law.  It was for CCTAU.  His idea of "shooting a few" is exactly what Hitler thought.  He believed fear was the ultimate form of government (see The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer).

I don't go downtown Atlanta after dark for FEAR of getting mugged, shot, raped, robbed, etc..

Fear is a great motivator when the fear is motivated by certain actions.

Build a wall? And then what? Watch them build a tunnel or ladder over it. YOU are full of ever-loving shit.

If you feel all illegals should be deported, then why the sob story over YOUR illegal friends?

And we are not afraid to speak out because we are afraid of you and your undulating intellect brow beating us down. We just don't feel like dealing with limp-wristed weenies that propose to give our country away in the name of love.

Now I am Hitler? Whatever. I guess there is a whole generation of us Hitlers out here who have no problem with closing the borders and using force to keep them closed.

So as you sit and wring your weenie, I laugh at you and those like you. You are the ones who in the end will figure out that love ain't always the answer. And in that regard, why don't you support and adopt YOUR special illegal mexican families and at least they might not suck up as much of the rest of our tax money as before. If all of those like you would adopt and sponsor and pay for these people, we would not have a need for any immigration laws at all. Love will find a way.

At some point in time we are going to have to either surrender to the illegals, or stand up and fight back.  We know which side you are on.

I suggest some of you start practicing. Its gonna get pretty scary before too long:

http://www.resist.com/other/border_patrol.swf
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:10:38 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2010, 09:15:30 PM »
I don't go downtown Atlanta after dark for FEAR of getting mugged, shot, raped, robbed, etc..

Fear is a great motivator when the fear is motivated by certain actions.

Build a wall? And then what? Watch them build a tunnel or ladder over it. YOU are full of ever-loving shit.

If you feel all illegals should be deported, then why the sob story over YOUR illegal friends?

And we are not afraid to speak out because we are afraid of you and your undulating intellect brow beating us down. We just don't feel like dealing with limp-wristed weenies that propose to give our country away in the name of love.

Now I am Hitler? Whatever. I guess there is a whole generation of us Hitlers out here who have no problem with closing the borders and using force to keep them closed.

So as you sit and wring your weenie, I laugh at you and those like you. You are the ones who in the end will figure out that love ain't always the answer. And in that regard, why don't you support and adopt YOUR special illegal mexican families and at least they might not suck up as much of the rest of our tax money as before. If all of those like you would adopt and sponsor and pay for these people, we would not have a need for any immigration laws at all. Love will find a way.

At some point in time we are going to have to either surrender to the illegals, or stand up and fight back.  We know which side you are on.

You're an absolute dolt.  Typical.  I'm not surprised.  It's an ongoing problem in this country. 

You can't understand how anyone could sympathize with them.  Those illegals.  Gosh, I bet it makes you cringe just reading the word.  You probably squeeze your fingers into your sweaty palm just at the thought of those nasty cockroaches hiding underneath your GE double door refridgerator.  Fucking bugs.  Get my Raid spray and annihilate them sum-bitches.  Invading my sheeyat. 

I hear ya, big man.  Loud and clear.  We've got a roach problem.  Time to call the Orkin man.  Stick that sign in my front lawn (green grass of course - all year round) that tells those nasty masa-smelling insects they don't belong here. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2010, 09:19:56 PM »
You're an absolute dolt.  Typical.  I'm not surprised.  It's an ongoing problem in this country.  

You can't understand how anyone could sympathize with them.  Those illegals.  Gosh, I bet it makes you cringe just reading the word.  You probably squeeze your fingers into your sweaty palm just at the thought of those nasty cockroaches hiding underneath your GE double door refridgerator.  Fucking bugs.  Get my Raid spray and annihilate them sum-bitches.  Invading my sheeyat.  

I hear ya, big man.  Loud and clear.  We've got a roach problem.  Time to call the Orkin man.  Stick that sign in my front lawn (green grass of course - all year round) that tells those nasty masa-smelling insects they don't belong here.  

Now you are getting it. Did you practice up? How good are you?

Oh what the hell you convinced me. Open up the border. Let them all in. I mean after all we gots plenty for everyone.

And I take offense the "absolute" part of your post.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:20:33 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Token

« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2010, 10:12:00 PM »
I'm starting to get the idea that only a few people are engaged in this thread for the sole purpose of finding a real solution to the problem. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2010, 11:10:50 PM »
I'm starting to get the idea that only a few people are engaged in this thread for the sole purpose of finding a real solution to the problem. 

Since when is TigersX responsible for solving immigration, or anything else for that matter? I'm pretty sure that any new policy solutions formulated on this site in retarded rants will never make it to Congress. You, sir, are imposing too much responsibility on the TigersX community.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2010, 12:07:35 AM »

But that would be boring. 

You've got three options:

1.  Amnesty
2.  Deportation
3.  Shoot them

We've covered that.  Now we're just all trying to piss each other off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2010, 06:44:31 AM »

It's funny cause it's true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2010, 08:47:15 AM »
But that would be boring. 

You've got three options:

1.  Shoot them
2.  Deportation
3.  Amnesty

I agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2010, 09:22:27 AM »

Now we're just all trying to piss each other off.

Thats pretty much what every political thread on here becomes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »
Thats pretty much what every political thread on here becomes.
Drummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm rollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

IT'S GAY THREAD HIJACK TIME!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2010, 10:17:07 AM »

Hallelujah....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jadennis

« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2010, 11:08:24 AM »

What do you think would have happened if I'd asked them to tone it down? 

bang, bang, bang?

Just kidding. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2010, 11:09:26 AM »
bang, bang, bang?

Just kidding.  

Not far from the truth, though.  

Was at a Fourth of July thing in Columbus Mississippi about 12 years ago.  Couple of punks (mix of black and white) were having a conversation and sprinkling it with "motherfuck, fuck, GD" over and over.  I finally asked them very politely...

"Guys would you mind watching the profanity?  I got my wife and five-year old daughter here..." 

I got back "Fuck you, whitebread, go somewhere else." 

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:13:24 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2010, 12:22:26 PM »

Why can't "you people" keep it in your closet?  It was so much nicer back when people kept their sexuality to themselves.  Now, "you people" have to announce it, advertise it, stick it in everyone's faces and force them to accept it.  Has it ever occurred to you that we don't care?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2010, 12:34:37 PM »
Why can't "you people" keep it in your closet?  It was so much nicer back when people kept their sexuality to themselves.  Now, "you people" have to announce it, advertise it, stick it in everyone's faces and force them to accept it.  Has it ever occurred to you that we don't care?
I can't stand that people express themselves!  RABBLE RABBLE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions