Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jesus H. Christ...Sweet Home Alabama...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Jesus H. Christ...Sweet Home Alabama...
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2010, 03:10:42 PM »
Self loathing racists:

Same goes for the thousands of people with the word "Redneck" in rebel flag font on t-shirts and/or decals in their rear truck window.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2010, 03:26:30 PM »
Try entire thread after entire thread...  Just about every time you and your gurlz use terms like Christian, Conservative, heterosexual, Baptist, white male and several others, the context and purpose of your use is to immediately demean, discredit, humiliate, classify and slander another or another's position. 
This is so completely nonsensical, I don't even know where to begin responding to you. I am undeniably white and heterosexual. I only use those terms to demean people? WTF? At absolute best, I may have accused you of not being able to see outside of your voluntary box of confinement to those traits that you cannot look past. To you, everyone must be all of those things or have their rights trampled on. Regardless, this is getting far too abstract, and does nothing but your intended purpose of straying the conversation away from the actual subject, because it is indefensible.

There you go...  The only distinction I see is your willingness to excuse your use of a derogatory term against another who may have a different opinion or position than you.  Nice distinction...  Point proven again. 
Comprehension fail.

I stated clearly that this is the first and only issue discussed on this forum, where I would make that distinction. Prove me otherwise. When else have I called someone a redneck for disagreeing politically? I may call you a redneck for being blatantly racist, or having zero human compassion for people of a different race, religion, nationality, or sexuality than yourself. That's not political disagreement. That's civil human beings vs. neanderthals. Find me one Republican Senator that advocates "shooting them all on site" as CCTAU did when speaking of Mexicans, or would explicitly detail a fantasy scenario of a mass murder of black people as Kaos did. I'll find you one that would be kicked out of office so fast his head would spin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2010, 03:30:14 PM »
More self loathing racists.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2010, 04:55:50 PM »
More self loathing racists.

That's some good racist shit ryetch thayar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2010, 12:12:50 AM »
Rumor has it this has resulted in 2 pretty decent people walking away from here. Neither of them were ignorant rednecks either.
Who was the other one?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2010, 07:15:40 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2010, 09:08:32 AM »
Self loathing racists:

<snip>

Same goes for the thousands of people with the word "Redneck" in rebel flag font on t-shirts and/or decals in their rear truck window. 

If that's supposed to excuse your use of a derogatory term, then I'm guessing you'll find thousands of examples with Rap "artists" excusing the use of that dreaded N-word.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2010, 09:21:12 AM »
This is so completely nonsensical, I don't even know where to begin responding to you. I am undeniably white and heterosexual. I only use those terms to demean people? WTF? At absolute best, I may have accused you of not being able to see outside of your voluntary box of confinement to those traits that you cannot look past. To you, everyone must be all of those things or have their rights trampled on. Regardless, this is getting far too abstract, and does nothing but your intended purpose of straying the conversation away from the actual subject, because it is indefensible. 

You're unbelievable...  I'm lost for words.  Where do I begin?  Oh, I know.  Blame those PHUCKING CHRISTIANS again! 

Comprehension fail.

I stated clearly that this is the first and only issue discussed on this forum, where I would make that distinction. Prove me otherwise. When else have I called someone a redneck for disagreeing politically? I may call you a redneck for being blatantly racist, or having zero human compassion for people of a different race, religion, nationality, or sexuality than yourself. That's not political disagreement. That's civil human beings vs. neanderthals. Find me one Republican Senator that advocates "shooting them all on site" as CCTAU did when speaking of Mexicans, or would explicitly detail a fantasy scenario of a mass murder of black people as Kaos did. I'll find you one that would be kicked out of office so fast his head would spin. 

Amazing...  And, you don't see the similarities with yourself and your positions?  You toss "Christianity" around as if it were another hate-group, and you seem to have a worse opinion of Southern Baptists.  We better not get you started on those heterosexual white males...  Unbelievable... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2010, 09:42:39 AM »
Adam

Since I don't know most of you personally, who is Adam?

Chad- you weren't talking to me and if you were I'm not sure why. I was never arguing in favor of this politician or this commercial. I don't know how many times I have to say it. My issue with you is the way you frame an argument - EVERY SINGLE TIME. Either agree with you - or youre stupid, thats your logic. Because your view has to be the supreme logical way of thinking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2010, 10:05:10 AM »

If that's supposed to excuse your use of a derogatory term, then I'm guessing you'll find thousands of examples with Rap "artists" excusing the use of that dreaded N-word.
We've rehashed this a thousand times. There's a difference. Auburn fans have no problems calling Alabama fans rednecks, and vice-versa. It's only a shockingly offensive term when someone you disagree with uses it.

You're unbelievable...  I'm lost for words.  Where do I begin?  Oh, I know.  Blame those PHUCKING CHRISTIANS again! 

Amazing...  And, you don't see the similarities with yourself and your positions?  You toss "Christianity" around as if it were another hate-group, and you seem to have a worse opinion of Southern Baptists.  We better not get you started on those heterosexual white males...  Unbelievable... 
You are completely delusional and deranged. I think maybe that's your main problem in these forums. You can't read what's in front of you, so you come up with something completely random out of left field and argue with that as if it were my position.

Find the word "Christian" in my post one time. Just once. Or anything that would slightly suggest anything about religion. You've lost it.

Rumor has it this has resulted in 2 pretty decent people walking away from here. Neither of them were ignorant rednecks either.
Let me get this straight. Two people used to post here, but no longer do because two or three people disagree with them on certain issues? They just couldn't stand that minority opinion that is only voiced in about 5% of threads in the political forums? Espousing such radical leftist propaganda as "Hey, Hispanics are people too" is just too much for them to handle? Even if they couldn't take the heat from, heaven forbid, debate in a political forum, could they not have just stayed out and continue to post in other forums on the board?

And let's get one thing straight. GarMan's characterization of how these arguments go is nowhere near reality. After the hundredth or so racist/homophobic/blatantly false rant, occasionally a very small few of us will step up and disagree with the herd. Any time Taylor or I offer an opinion, it is berated with "Beta Male" this, or "left wing extremist" that, or "dope smoking hippie" this, or "young with no experience in the real world" that. It's beyond ridiculous to say that a few of us are the ones bullying people off the board with our opinions.

Chad- you weren't talking to me and if you were I'm not sure why. I was never arguing in favor of this politician or this commercial. I don't know how many times I have to say it. My issue with you is the way you frame an argument - EVERY SINGLE TIME. Either agree with you - or youre stupid, thats your logic. Because your view has to be the supreme logical way of thinking.
I could say the exact thing for everyone else here on this board.

There are plenty of political discussions that I don't get involved in. I only open my mouth when it's so black & white, I just feel like I have to say something. What you're saying then is that you don't dispute anything I've said in this thread, but you're going to argue with me anyway. And I'm the one being stubbornly argumentative?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #170 on: May 03, 2010, 10:12:53 AM »

There are plenty of political discussions that I don't get involved in. I only open my mouth when it's so black & white, I just feel like I have to say something. What you're saying then is that you don't dispute anything I've said in this thread, but you're going to argue with me anyway. And I'm the one being stubbornly argumentative?

No, I'm saying 2 things:

1. I am not sure why you were arguing with me about Tim James when I never disagreed with you.

2. Just because I don't necessarily agree with Tim James and the commercial doesn't mean I have the right to bestow upon someone who does the title of idiot or redneck.  Thats exactly what you did to Kaos. Whats sad is that its far from truth. If you want to call someone a redneck who actually exhibits the traits and deserves it (in your typical Bammer analogy),then feel free. But Kevin was far from a redneck. 

It came off as looking like: You don't agree with me on this issue, so youre a racist redneck. There was really no merit in it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2010, 10:31:36 AM »
No, I'm saying 2 things:

1. I am not sure why you were arguing with me about Tim James when I never disagreed with you.

2. Just because I don't necessarily agree with Tim James and the commercial doesn't mean I have the right to bestow upon someone who does the title of idiot or redneck.  Thats exactly what you did to Kaos. Whats sad is that its far from truth. If you want to call someone a redneck who actually exhibits the traits and deserves it (in your typical Bammer analogy),then feel free. But Kevin was far from a redneck. 

It came off as looking like: You don't agree with me on this issue, so youre a racist redneck. There was really no merit in it.

Taylor presented the commercial, and said (accurately) that all Tim James was doing was making a desperate appeal to the redneck constituency who see that and kneejerk react "Hayl Yah! Em damn Mexicans just wanna try to stop us from speakin American!". Kaos did pretty much just that in this thread. And said he would vote for him "now," indicating that his vote was won by this commercial. He took Tim James' bait hook, line, and sinker. And I said congratulations, you're one of the rednecks whose vote he was trying to win by making a commercial like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2010, 10:34:31 AM »
This is laughable.

What I'm hearing here is that two or three people who dare to question the Republican/Social Conservative circle jerk that is the X's political forum are the sole reason some people decided to take their ball and go home.  Really?

That is the weakest of weaksauce.

You guys would rather have a group backslapping and mutual admiration meeting than engage in lively debate?

Taylor and Chad are no more to blame for sandy vaginas than Pillowpants.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2010, 10:37:31 AM »
He took Tim James' bait hook, line, and sinker. And I said congratulations, you're one of the rednecks whose vote he was trying to win by making a commercial like that.

Or did you?  

You really don't think he was trying to get at you a bit? That's Kaos' MO.  Although I'm sure he didn't disagree with Tim James, I doubt he was that dogmatic and "simpleton" towards the whole thing. That guy is/was as complex as anyone on here, so I doubt that his comments were at face value.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2010, 10:45:36 AM »

You guys would rather have a group backslapping and mutual admiration meeting than engage in lively debate?

For one, leave me out of this group. I like the debate personally.

And two - What I don't like is when the debate takes a turn into a huge tangent of backfists to the nuts, personal jabs and worthless rhetoric. I will often use the terms "fair enough", "agree to disagree", etc. I try to be objective as possible.

I also understand there is the hypocrisy that some might see in the personal jabs category when speaking of Kaos. And thats understood. But in most cases, the back and forth mud slinging (just like in an election year) will usually lead to nothing productive in a debate, one or more will walk away because they've had enough of the crap and in the end what the hell has been accomplished? I think thats what happened here. It really has nothing to do with political parties, leanings, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2010, 10:49:24 AM »

For one, I didn't single you out, hoss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2010, 10:49:41 AM »

And two - What I don't like is when the debate takes a turn into a huge tangent of backfists to the nuts, personal jabs and worthless rhetoric. I will often use the terms "fair enough", "agree to disagree", etc. I try to be objective as possible.

I also understand there is the hypocrisy that some might see in the personal jabs category when speaking of Kaos. And thats understood. But in most cases, the back and forth mud slinging (just like in an election year) will usually lead to nothing productive in a debate, one or more will walk away because they've had enough of the crap and in the end what the hell has been accomplished? I think thats what happened here. It really has nothing to do with political parties, leanings, etc.
I agree.

And I think you'd find that if the mud slinging didn't originate from Kaos & GarMan, you wouldn't see it in return.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2010, 10:55:36 AM »
For one, I didn't single you out, hoss.
Ok - that was good.  :bugs:

Where's your two? You can't have a one without a two when counting.

I will repeat my question - who is/was Adam?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:56:34 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2010, 11:17:38 AM »
Ok - that was good.  :bugs:

Where's your two? You can't have a one without a two when counting.

I will repeat my question - who is/was Adam?
He used to post here, but has dropped off the map as of late due to him being deployed.

FYI - If you leave a message board because you disagree with someones political views, then you are a pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2010, 11:45:31 AM »
He used to post here, but has dropped off the map as of late due to him being deployed.

FYI - If you leave a message board because you disagree with someones political views, then you are a pussy.

This is true if you are leaving because someone disagrees with your opinion, but I'd like to think that people are getting pissed because of people attacking peoples chartacter rather than attacking the issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions