Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jesus H. Christ...Sweet Home Alabama...

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Jesus H. Christ...Sweet Home Alabama...
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2010, 04:05:23 PM »
Okay.  So what "billions" is he referring to?  Just curious.

I know all the Fox News, and all the other stuff is directed and baiting others...

So, I'm just asking...  What "billions" would we lose?  Seriously, I don't know.
Federal Funding.  But we don't need it, we have gambling...wait nevermind.  Well, we also have a booming state econ...scratch that.  Well, I guess we can always ask for donations from Churches. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2010, 04:08:34 PM »
Federal Funding.  But we don't need it, we have gambling...wait nevermind.  Well, we also have a booming state econ...scratch that.  Well, I guess we can always ask for donations from Churches. 

Okay.  Let me ask again.  What "billions" in federal funding do we lose by changing the drivers license exam.

I think we're all caught up on the bait and needless comedic fluffer commentary.  Can you answer the question?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2010, 04:14:08 PM »
http://theworldaroundyou.com/2010/04/23/tim-james-might-want-to-learn-the-history-of-english-only-drivers-license-examinations-in-alabama/
 this article explains why Tim James will lose the state millions of dollars in legal fees like it did in the 1990s when Alabama adopted the "English only" exam amendment and then lost the eventual case in federal court to the SPLC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2010, 04:23:29 PM »
Okay.  Let me ask again.  What "billions" in federal funding do we lose by changing the drivers license exam.

I think we're all caught up on the bait and needless comedic fluffer commentary.  Can you answer the question?
I did a little research and found some interesting stuff.   First off, Alabama has had the exam in multiple languages since 1970.  They changed it to only English from 1992 - 1998, until it was ruled unconstitutional in Federal Court.  National Origin. 

If you don't know, you will lose a shit load of federal funding in all departments, not only the DMV, if you choose to stay with the practice.  That is the billions of dollars.  That's the best part.  He has made a campaign promise to do something unconstitutional. hahahaha

Also, and this is the best part...guess what languages it is offered in?  American Sign Language, Arabic, Chinese, English, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Thai, and Vietnamese. 

Yep, this doesn't make us look stupid....

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:25:25 PM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Token

« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2010, 04:28:25 PM »
Wait.  So we're going to lose billions of dollars of federal funding AND millions of dollars on legal fees?  Holy shit.  Millions of billions over a drivers license exam?  Seriously?  

There are literally billions of dollars at stake over fucking driving exams?  Billions?  For a driving exam?  For a single state?  Billions?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:29:13 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2010, 04:29:57 PM »
I didn't know this would make us more of a laughing stock than the gambling debacle.  Here in Dothan, we have "Country Crossings", which opened only to be shut down pending the outcome of court hearings, legislation, vote...no vote.  Honestly, it doesn't get any more embarrassing for a State to have 105 (Yes 105) Trooper cars and other State vehicles racing to a Bingo Hall at 4:00 a.m. to shut it down.  

Bingo is da devil.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2010, 04:31:17 PM »
Wait.  So we're going to lose billions of dollars of federal funding AND millions of dollars on legal fees?  Holy poop.  Millions of billions over a drivers license exam?  Seriously?  

There are literally billions of dollars at stake over phuking driving exams?  Billions?  For a driving exam?  For a single state?  Billions?

Actually, it's about Eleventeen Skwazillion....give or take a skwazillion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2010, 04:35:17 PM »
Actually, it's about Eleventeen Skwazillion....give or take a skwazillion.

To hell with making the only language English on the exam.  If there really is that much money tied up in something as simple as a driving exam, I say we offer that bitch in every known language possible.  Maybe then we can get more federal funding.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2010, 04:39:28 PM »
Wait.  So we're going to lose billions of dollars of federal funding AND millions of dollars on legal fees?  Holy shit.  Millions of billions over a drivers license exam?  Seriously?  

There are literally billions of dollars at stake over fucking driving exams?  Billions?  For a driving exam?  For a single state?  Billions?

That's kind of where I was going with it, Token.  I guess "billions" collectively over years and years and over many different departments.  But to say "billions" as if BAM...BILLIONS! POOF GONE!!!  is a stretch.  

My thoughts are if it's unconstitutional, then Tim James will look like a dumbass.  If he's a dumbass, his chances of election are not high.  I don't have a problem with that.

This was my position on the commercial earlier in the thread...  So I'm just saying, I didn't give him a pass either.....
1. Drivers License and this Tim James commercial.  I saw it for the first time the other night, and literally facepalmed.  Not because I so much disagree with the message, but the delivery.   Look, I understand that signs are in different colors and shapes for specific reasons.  If an illegal, or someone that CHOOSES NOT to learn english can pass the test based on symbols and the english necessary to pass it, then all power to them, I consider them safe enough to drive around.  However, the traveling world inside the United States is based on english and if you're going to do it safely, you need to be proficient enough to pass the test accordingly.

The. commercial to me was poorly delivered because, regardless of Mr. James's education level, it made him look like every other country music douchebag that MUST under penalty of death, mention his truck, truck bed, getting laid in said truck, or have a damn good tractor story instead.  It was made to spark interest in a specific minded person, and unfortunately probably turned an equal amount of well educated people off in it's ridiculousness

I just wanted to know if you had done some research BEFORE you blindly agreed with the guy about his "billions" statement, only because you thought it would get a rise out of people rather than be accurate to the point.

To hell with making the only language English on the exam.  If there really is that much money tied up in something as simple as a driving exam, I say we offer that bitch in every known language possible.  Maybe then we can get more federal funding.

:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2010, 04:44:21 PM »
I saw this on three major news outlets today. The story "broke" nationally. We're the laughing stock of the nation, as Taylor predicted.

South Park
SNL and
The Daily Show

Not major news outlets.  Neither are MSNBC, the American Urban Network and Family Guy. 

Fuck being the laughingstock. Who cares? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2010, 04:45:46 PM »
That's kind of where I was going with it, Token.  I guess "billions" collectively over years and years and over many different departments.  But to say "billions" as if BAM...BILLIONS! POOF GONE!!!  is a stretch. 

My thoughts are if it's unconstitutional,
then Tim James will look like a dumbass.  If he's a dumbass, his chances of election are not high.  I don't have a problem with that.

This was my position on the commercial earlier in the thread...  So I'm just saying, I didn't give him a pass either.....
I just wanted to know if you had done some research BEFORE you blindly agreed with the guy about his "billions" statement, only because you thought it would get a rise out of people rather than be accurate to the point.

:bugs:
1.  We would lose billions once the legislation is passed.  So that would qualify as Poof.

2.  It is already unconstitutional.  There is no question about it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:49:35 PM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »
1.  We would lose billions once the legislation is pass.  So that would qualify as Poof.

2.  It is already unconstitutional.  There is no question about it.

1.  If there are billions at stake over a fucking 30-50 question exam, then I know how to fix our bullshit government spending problems.

2.  If unconstitutional, then yes, Tim James is a fucking idiot and just lost any chance he had over something as simple as a driving exam.  His problem, not mine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2010, 04:55:36 PM »
Tim James is a major tool and this is such a non-issue it's ridiculous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2010, 05:04:22 PM »

Tim James is just pandering to the conservative base in Alabama. Of course he knows that its unconstitutional, his own dad was governor when it was ruled unconstitutional.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2010, 05:06:42 PM »
If he's a dumbass, his chances of election are not high.
You have waay too much faith in the voting body of the state of Alabama.
Don't tell Kaos that, or a number of the other r******s that will vote for him based on this issue and this issue alone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2010, 05:09:52 PM »
You have waay too much faith in the voting body of the state of Alabama.Don't tell Kaos that, or a number of the other r******s that will vote for him based on this issue and this issue alone.
Racist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2010, 05:11:47 PM »
I think I may still vote for him just to piss the hippies off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2010, 05:13:36 PM »
I think I may still vote for him just to piss the hippies off.
Aren't your paychecks cut by the state?  Might want to re-think that stra-tegery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2010, 05:15:38 PM »
Aren't your paychecks cut by the state?  Might want to re-think that stra-tegery.

Doesn't matter.  It's unconstitutional so he can't really cost us millions of billions.  2/3 of my check comes from immigration anyway.  As long as I don't live in Arizona I should be fine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2010, 05:22:25 PM »
Doesn't matter.  It's unconstitutional so he can't really cost us millions of billions.  2/3 of my check comes from immigration anyway.  As long as I don't live in Arizona I should be fine.
I want to get paid by immigration, but I don't want to be a coyote.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions