Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jesus H. Christ...Sweet Home Alabama...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Jesus H. Christ...Sweet Home Alabama...
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 04:17:05 PM »
:rofl: The Spanish language = "Librul idea".  :rofl:

Spanish as a viable alternative to learning the English language before being granted privileges in this country is a "librul (stupid, idiotic, moronic, asinine, ridiculous) idea" 

Sure is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2010, 05:07:50 PM »
I can't help but laugh at the commercial, mainly because I was sitting in the Legion Field bleachers before an Olympic soccer game during the '96 Olympics and had to endure listening to Fob blurt out "SAAAAY AAAAABHLAAAAA AASPAAAANOEL" during the pre-match festivities.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2010, 05:36:16 PM »
So, let me get this straight, we are all in agreement that the commercial is stupid.  Awesome!  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 07:53:47 PM »
So, let me get this straight, we are all in agreement that the commercial is stupid.  Awesome!  :thumsup:

I am now voting for Tim james
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 09:14:59 PM »
:rofl: The Spanish language = "Librul idea".  :rofl:

Keep up with the thread so when you come in here defending your girl, you will know what to defend. We were talking about Spanish as an alternative written document that the government has to pay for. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2010, 11:38:35 PM »
I am now voting for Tim james
Congratulations. You're exactly the ignorant redneck the commercial was catering to, if you disagree with his other policies, but will vote for him because of this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 12:10:51 AM »
LMAO!!  My warm meter is up again.  And for the same reason.  "Imma call you a redneck boy.  And I'm not gonna explain why, but you best not question me."   

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:11:48 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 12:21:59 AM »
Since you obviously felt the need to delete the post, at least nut up and answer the question.  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:26:28 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2010, 12:29:29 AM »
Since you obviously felt the need to delete the post, at least nut up and answer the question.  

Don't worry about it, I already know the answer.  In the future, I'll make sure to find a South Park episode that best fits my argument.  That's obviously the only way anyone can use any terms that might offend a group of people(unless used against whites, jews and Christians.  Or used while making jokes or interweb rapping). As if what I posted was actually used in ANY offensive manner...other than questioning bullshit, ignorant logic that apparently is easier to delete than argue against.  That must have been highly offensive.   :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not to leave anyone confused, it's only cool if South Park says it's cool.  So......

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 01:21:57 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2010, 07:39:32 AM »
That clip will always have special meaning to this site.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2010, 09:02:13 AM »
Congratulations. You're exactly the ignorant redneck the commercial was catering to, if you disagree with his other policies, but will vote for him because of this.

Congratulations.  You are a dick loving puss.  Always with the drama, bitch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2010, 09:35:47 AM »
It does target a specific audience.  White/Southern Baptist/Christian/Conservatives...

That is a fact.  Also, a lot of those in this State are rednecks.  Also a fact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2010, 11:08:54 AM »
It does target a specific audience.  White/Southern Baptist/Christian/Conservatives...

That is a fact. 
I'm sorry...  Perhaps, my age has caught up with me.  How in hell does that stupid clip target "White/Southern Baptist/Christian/Conservatives..."?  Where do you come up with this bullscat?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2010, 11:33:55 AM »
I'm sorry...  Perhaps, my age has caught up with me.  How in hell does that stupid clip target "White/Southern Baptist/Christian/Conservatives..."?  Where do you come up with this bullscat?
The majority of voters in Alabama are baptist, christian, and conservative.  The majority of Alabama residents are Caucasian.  One issue that has been on the agenda for conservatives for the past decade has been immigration reform/issues.  This is directly tied to that.  Different languages on the DL test = immigrants and non english speakers.  He knew this or his campaign people, and made the commercial purposefully to touch upon the beliefs of these groups. 

It is simple political douchebaggery.

It was obviously successful, I.e. the responses above.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2010, 11:44:23 AM »
The majority of voters in Alabama are baptist, christian, and conservative.  The majority of Alabama residents are Caucasian.  One issue that has been on the agenda for conservatives for the past decade has been immigration reform/issues.  This is directly tied to that.  Different languages on the DL test = immigrants and non english speakers.  He knew this or his campaign people, and made the commercial purposefully to touch upon the beliefs of these groups.  

It was obviously successful, I.e. the responses above.

You see, I don't really care about the where's or whyfores or the button his operatives may have intended to push.  

I am, however, one of those who objects to allowing government exams such as the DL and the GED to be taken in foreign languages.  That has nothing to do with my political affiliation (independent, leaning libertarian) my church affiliation (Methodist) or my ethnicity (American Indian -- 1/32nd).  

This isn't even an immigration reform issue.  Immigration does need to be reformed, but that has no bearing on whether the government endorses Spanish/French/Portuguese/baby whale/meerkat as an accepted language.

I appreciate and will consider politicians who think likewise. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:45:05 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »
That has nothing to do with my political affiliation (independent, leaning libertarian)

You've got to be kidding me...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2010, 11:49:47 AM »

Seconded...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2010, 11:53:47 AM »

Why would you say that?  

I'm for minimal government.  I'm for lowered taxes. I'm for personal accountability.  I'm for people making their own way.  

All libertarian.  I'm probably less libertarian when it comes to some social issues, but much more so when it comes to economic ones.

Not a republican.  Definitely not a demolist.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:55:54 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2010, 11:57:11 AM »
Why would you say that? 

I'm for minimal government.  I'm for lowered taxes. I'm for personal accountability.  I'm for people making their own way. 

All libertarian. 

Not a republican.  Definitely not a demolist.

You are also for gays=bad. Immigrants=get the fuck out. And also "my way or the highway, and if no one else agrees with me then you are all wrong". I am pretty sure those aren't libertarian...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2010, 12:00:24 PM »
The majority of voters in Alabama are baptist, christian, and conservative.  The majority of Alabama residents are Caucasian.  One issue that has been on the agenda for conservatives for the past decade has been immigration reform/issues.  This is directly tied to that.  Different languages on the DL test = immigrants and non english speakers.  He knew this or his campaign people, and made the commercial purposefully to touch upon the beliefs of these groups. 

Political douchebaggery...  I agree, but I would say that his little clip only appeals to one issue out of many.  You also don't have to be "White/Southern Baptist/Christian/Conservatives..." or whatever to agree with the single-sided position.  In fact, I know of many outside of your limited demographic pool who would agree with the position.  There's nothing that makes this "White/Southern Baptist/Christian/Conservatives..."

As a side conversation, it's amazing how you guys find nothing wrong with throwing stereotypes of Christians and Conservatives around, but when anybody else does it about homosexuals or some other demographic-of-the-moment, your panties get sucked up all the way up your anus.  Oprah has taught you well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand