Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jesus H. Christ...Sweet Home Alabama...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Jesus H. Christ...Sweet Home Alabama...
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 01:21:57 PM »
My point was that it doesn't matter if they offer it in Spanish. Period.  Who fucking cares?  It effects no one negatively. At all. 

I care. 

Learn English. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 01:26:15 PM »
1.  If you want to be a citizen you have to take the citizenship test in English.
Having a green card does not make you a citizen. 

2.  His stance is to get votes by pushing the immigration/spanish/conservative talking point.  Just like every political commercial you see in Alabama that consists of God/Family/Conservative etc... He looks like a moron and makes the state look even worse. 
Tim James is a doof.  Has little if anything to do with the subject at hand.

3.  My point was that it doesn't matter if they offer it in Spanish. Period.  Who fucking cares?  It effects no one negatively. At all. 

It affects me negatively because it makes the road more unsafe.  If someone cannot comprehend the language in which it's laws and in this case traffic laws are built on then how safe of a driver do you suppose that individual is going to be?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 01:30:15 PM »
The point of the stereotyping comment was that you were afraid of it as a State, yet you were the only one doing it on this particular commercial. Kind of preemptive there wouldnt you say?

On your PPS line - you proved my whole point. An opinion = fact when you say so. I know you are smarter than that AWK. I could even have looked past it if you had said "well, thats the way I look at it and I disagree with you". No no - your opinion has to be a fact. Because its yours.

Facts: The Sky is Blue.

Breaking the law is dumb.

Not paying your taxes is dumb.

That commercial is dumb.  The commercial is tasteless and poorly worded. Period. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 01:31:29 PM »
No, I don't.  I make people look stupid by using logic and reason against them.  I don't take something that isn't related at all and try to pretend like it is. 

There's also the fact that I'm right.  That plays into it. 
I'm going to have to call shenanigans on that one, but it doesn't really matter.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:10:33 PM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 01:36:23 PM »
Well - theres the principle of it for one. Like Kaos said, why should we be bending over and accommodating someone else's language? You want to come here - learn the language. You dont go to someone else's house and set the rules.

And yes AWK - it does matter. There is a TON of overhead involved in this accommodation - via education/learning, money and training/resources.

Im not sure why you brought the religious angle into this. Any chance to take a cheap shot I guess at us God believing drones eh?

Yes  the sky IS blue. Something being dumb? Unless its measured on a test, an IQ chart, or something else quantitative  - its subjective. Breaking the law and not paying your taxes? Yes - they are very measurable since they are both illegal. Nice try at that analogy - but its apples and oranges. Its a fact to YOU because you disagree with it. Its that simple.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 01:38:17 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 01:51:39 PM »
Well - theres the principle of it for one. Like Kaos said, why should we be bending over and accommodating someone else's language? You want to come here - learn the language. You dont go to someone else's house and set the rules.

And yes AWK - it does matter. There is a TON of overhead involved in this accommodation - via education/learning, money and training/resources.

Im not sure why you brought the religious angle into this. Any chance to take a cheap shot I guess at us God believing drones eh?

Yes  the sky IS blue. Something being dumb? Unless its measured on a test, an IQ chart, or something else quantitative  - its subjective. Breaking the law and not paying your taxes? Yes - they are very measurable since they are both illegal. Nice try at that analogy - but its apples and oranges. Its a fact to YOU because you disagree with it. Its that simple.
I disagree with taxes.  It is still dumb to not pay them.  Apples to Apples. 

I didn't bring the God argument into it.  I was simply making the point that Alabama politicians use religion, their party, etc... to gain votes because they know it will allow them to win. 

And since it is get to know AWK day, I believe in God, just don't believe in Church/Organized religion (all the time).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 01:52:11 PM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 02:24:03 PM »
I care. 

Learn English. 

^^^This.^^^

It's people who after their supposed enlightened higher education, try to sit back and tell other Alabamians what is stupid and what is right. I would venture to say that most Alabamians agree with Tim (even if they don't like him). And this is NOT a new debate, just new to the enlightened educated youngsters. Many of us have been bitching about the government spending money to create documents in different languages for years. And every time it's brought up, people like AWK try and make everyone feel ashamed for not being all inclusive. That is a load of crap. We do not have to accept Spanish or any other librul idea. If we are called backwards, so be it. Anyone who has a problem with it can always move to San Francisco where all of their librul ideas will be welcomed with open arms.

I applaud Tim for standing up. It would be a nice step in addressing the out of control illegal immigrant issue we have in this country today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 02:31:17 PM »
^^^This.^^^

It's people who after their supposed enlightened higher education, try to sit back and tell other Alabamians what is stupid and what is right. I would venture to say that most Alabamians agree with Tim (even if they don't like him). And this is NOT a new debate, just new to the enlightened educated youngsters. Many of us have been bitching about the government spending money to create documents in different languages for years. And every time it's brought up, people like AWK try and make everyone feel ashamed for not being all inclusive. That is a load of crap. We do not have to accept Spanish or any other librul idea. If we are called backwards, so be it. Anyone who has a problem with it can always move to San Francisco where all of their librul ideas will be welcomed with open arms.

I applaud Tim for standing up. It would be a nice step in addressing the out of control illegal immigrant issue we have in this country today.
So...wait...Should I apologize for getting an education?

I loved the 1960's as much as the next guy, but don't you think we should move forward?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 02:34:53 PM »
So...wait...Should I apologize for getting an education?

I loved the 1960's as much as the next guy, but don't you think we should move forward?

^^^^^^^^^ BINGO ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Move forward"

In your estimation it is a step forward for this country to duplicate everything -- from GED exams to driver's license tests to street signs -- so that we can accommodate a FUCKING FOREIGN LANGUAGE so that those who don't attempt to learn OUR language (since they are, after all, living and working here) won't be inconvenienced. 

Well, sir, FUCK YOU.  That's not forward.  That's asinine. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 02:54:37 PM »
Well, sir, phuk YOU.  That's not forward.  That's asinine. 
Unfortunately, that's just part of that new enlightened way of thinking.  It's all about accommodation.  WE have to accommodate everything nowadays.  Whether it is language, sexual interests, handicaps, made-up illnesses, <fill-in-the-blank>, those who disagree are somehow narrow-minded and bigoted.  It disgusts me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Token

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 03:02:47 PM »
This thread is awesome. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2010, 03:07:16 PM »
^^^^^^^^^ BINGO ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Move forward"

In your estimation it is a step forward for this country to duplicate everything -- from GED exams to driver's license tests to street signs -- so that we can accommodate a FUCKING FOREIGN LANGUAGE so that those who don't attempt to learn OUR language (since they are, after all, living and working here) won't be inconvenienced. 

Well, sir, FUCK YOU.  That's not forward.  That's asinine. 
I never said they didn't need to learn English. What I said was...

3.  My point was that it doesn't matter if they offer it in Spanish. Period.  Who fucking cares?  It effects no one negatively. At all.

The 1960's comments were towards Mr. CCTAU who thinks we don't have to accept Spanish or what the fuck ever... haha.

"When you are through changing, you are through."  Bruce Barton

"He who rejects change is the architect of decay.  The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery."  Harold Wilson

"It is not necessary to change.  Survival is not mandatory."  W. Edwards Deming

"Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine."  Robert C. Gallagher
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 03:36:18 PM »

"He who rejects change is the architect of decay.  The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery."  Harold Wilson

if it ain't broke don't fix it. - unknown- 

It was not broken by being in English
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Token

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 03:37:36 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 03:38:49 PM »
I never said they didn't need to learn English. What I said was...

The 1960's comments were towards Mr. CCTAU who thinks we don't have to accept Spanish or what the fuck ever... haha.

Change for the sake of change is lunacy.  

There's no valid reason to spend the money to print government documents and other paperwork in multiple languages when you can simply make a knowledge of English a pre-req for filling out said paperwork.  I'd be interested to know just how much money is wasted printing up spanish language GED tests.  

Vested interest here, actually.  I would save money on operating expenses if I didn't have to employ people who could read and grade written portions of exams in multiple languages.  It's an epic waste of my resources and takes money away from development and incentives to other employees.  How many people do YOU know who are fluent in Portuguese and willing to work part-time reading essays?  It's asinine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 03:42:41 PM »
We do not have to accept Spanish or any other librul idea.
:rofl: The Spanish language = "Librul idea".  :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »
Change for the sake of change is lunacy. 

There's no valid reason to spend the money to print government documents and other paperwork in multiple languages when you can simply make a knowledge of English a pre-req for filling out said paperwork.  I'd be interested to know just how much money is wasted printing up spanish language GED tests. 

Vested interest here, actually.  I would save money on operating expenses if I didn't have to employ people who could read and grade written portions of exams in multiple languages.  It's an epic waste of my resources and takes money away from development and incentives to other employees.  How many people do YOU know who are fluent in Portuguese and willing to work part-time reading essays?  It's asinine.
Change has already occurred.  There are millions of Spanish speaking immigrants here, and it's past the point to try to make them all leave. 

Ignoring change that is in place and has taken effect is asinine. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 03:46:02 PM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 03:51:18 PM »
I disagree with taxes.  It is still dumb to not pay them.  Apples to Apples. 

I didn't bring the God argument into it.  I was simply making the point that Alabama politicians use religion, their party, etc... to gain votes because they know it will allow them to win. 

And since it is get to know AWK day, I believe in God, just don't believe in Church/Organized religion (all the time).

No - I agree. It IS Dumb not to pay taxes. But thats much more of a fact - because the end result? You will go to jail - its illegal. So yeah - I think thats a universally dumb thing, even though I dont agree with income taxes in general.  Thats totally different than saying someone's opinion on immigration issues is dumb. As Bobby Bowden would say: "dadgumit - you just plain ole dont like it do ya son?".

Believe it or not - I am probably not far from you on the dislike of organized religion/church. I grow further from it everyday. It in no way affects my belief in Christianity, Christ or God. I think most in organized religion - especially in the 4-5 far right denominations - are very dogmatic. You'd be surprised at what the Bible really says about things they preach about in these churches. I have learned of so many things I was told and just took for granted to be true - that SOOO were not.

I agree with Token - this thread effing kicks ass.   :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 03:52:16 PM »
Change has already occurred.  There are millions of Spanish speaking immigrants here, and it's past the point to try to make them all leave. 

They can stay.  If the learn the language.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 04:05:38 PM »
I think we're talking about corrective action as an alternative to continuing this beta-male concept of fairness and equality (aka. accommodation).  The Oprah-fication of America's "yutes" continues... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand