Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Upon Further Consideration...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Upon Further Consideration...
« on: April 19, 2010, 12:54:42 PM »
I'm willing to consider the theory that Caudle and Trotter got the bulk of the reps so that a #2 could be established, with Newton as the heir apparent to Todd's spot.

<a theory>
I think they trotted Newton out so that the fans could see the guy, they told him not to run and risk injury (despite the orange jersey), they gave him some safe plays and told him he could show his arm off once</a theory>

Facts to support theory:

1) Clear disparity in # of pass attempts between Trotter/Caudle and everyone else.
2) Caudle and Trotter both took off on foot more than once...despite the orange jersey.

This would show that the coaches needed to see much more of these guys than Newton.  Caudle and Trotter looked like they were fighting for a spot....was it #1 or #2?  I think it's more likely that they're fighting for #2.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:55:33 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Upon Further Consideration...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 12:55:40 PM »
Agreed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 01:19:47 PM »
Yes, number two is right; because any of them are one step away be it a simple sprain or whatever from the starter role. And I hope the Moseley kid hangs in there despite the 2011 names being flung around. Must be frustrating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 01:41:33 PM »
I'm willing to consider the theory that Caudle and Trotter got the bulk of the reps so that a #2 could be established, with Newton as the heir apparent to Todd's spot.

<a theory>
I think they trotted Newton out so that the fans could see the guy, they told him not to run and risk injury (despite the orange jersey), they gave him some safe plays and told him he could show his arm off once</a theory>

Facts to support theory:

1) Clear disparity in # of pass attempts between Trotter/Caudle and everyone else.
2) Caudle and Trotter both took off on foot more than once...despite the orange jersey.

This would show that the coaches needed to see much more of these guys than Newton.  Caudle and Trotter looked like they were fighting for a spot....was it #1 or #2?  I think it's more likely that they're fighting for #2.
Iagree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 01:57:04 PM »
I voted yea. Court has ruled Newton as starting QB. There is no doubt in my mind that Newton is the QB; and I can def see Trotter being back-up and replacement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions