Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Karlos Dansby Still Rocking the House

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Karlos Dansby Still Rocking the House
« on: February 15, 2008, 09:21:07 AM »
One of my ALL TIME favorite Auburn players.

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- The Arizona Cardinals have placed the "non-exclusive" franchise tag on linebacker Karlos Dansby, the team said Thursday.

The move means Dansby has been offered a one-year deal worth just over $8 million, the average salary of the five highest-paid linebackers in the NFL last season. The Cardinals can continue to negotiate a long-term deal through July 15. If Dansby signs an offer sheet from another team, Arizona can match it or receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

General manager Rod Graves called applying the franchise tag "a formality."

"It allows us to retain his rights to some degree and continue to negotiate with him for a long-term deal," Graves told The Associated Press.

He said he is optimistic a multiyear agreement can be reached. Graves said he spoke with Dansby's agent Kirk Wood on Thursday.

"As I've said before, my discussions with Kirk Wood have been favorable," Graves said. "There was no surprise on either side, and we anticipated it even as far back as a month ago."

Dansby led the team in tackles with 117 despite missing two games because of injury. He also had 31/2 sacks, three interceptions and four forced fumbles.

The 6-foot-4, 250-pound player moved from outside linebacker to inside under new coach Ken Whisenhunt last season to make better use of his speed and playmaking ability. A second-round draft pick out of Auburn in 2004, Dansby has 382 tackles in 58 NFL games.

The Cardinals were reluctant to sign Dansby to an extension before last season because of his history of injuries, but were not going to allow him to leave after his strong 2007 season. The Cardinals last used their franchise tag in 2002 on safety Kwame Lassiter.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Karlos Dansby Still Rocking the House
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 10:45:56 AM »
Good news.  Glad to hear that he has recovered fully.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Six

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 11:15:59 AM »
I still remember that assist to an interception he had in his last bowl game.  That dude was an athletic freak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 11:36:38 AM »
I still remember that assist to an interception he had in his last bowl game.  That dude was an athletic freak.

Yep...playing N. Carolin in the peach bowl I believe. I still have never seen anything like that again...that play was freaking sweet!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 11:46:32 AM »
Dude came to AU as a 200 lb. receiver.  He's now a 6'4" 250 lb. middle linebacker with a franchise tag in the NFL. 

Yep, I'd say he have good freakability.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 01:22:01 PM »

Just for clarity sake.....

That was not Dansby's  or Thomas's last bowl game.  That was the 2001 Chick-Fil-A/Peach bowl where we had no offense and lost to the last good football team UNC had 16-10.  Karlos and Dontarious left after the 2003 flop...I mean season.  Their last bowl game was the Music City bowl when we beat Wisconsin. 

Just Sayin'.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 01:24:58 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Six

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 01:32:33 PM »
Just for clarity sake.....

That was not Dansby's  or Thomas's last bowl game.  That was the 2001 Chick-Fil-A/Peach bowl where we had no offense and lost to the last good football team UNC had 16-10.  Karlos and Dontarious left after the 2003 flop...I mean season.  Their last bowl game was the Music City bowl when we beat Wisconsin. 

Just Sayin'.

Stop messin' with my childhood memories.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 01:45:14 PM »

Don't worry Uncle Sani will teach your kids correctly.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 03:57:11 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »
In addition to the aforementioned Peach Bowl Int-assist, Dansby has my other favorite defensive play of all time:

He single-handedly defended the option against Bama.  He forced the pitch and then made the tackle on the RB.  Never seen anyone else do that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 03:43:30 PM »
Your childhood was like 30 years before that game, no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Six

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 03:48:55 PM »
Your childhood was like 30 years before that game, no?
I refuse to grow up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 11:24:12 AM »
meant to put a link to the video up...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions