• He knows!
    • Tigers X
Conan O'brien to....
« on: April 12, 2010, 02:56:50 PM »
TBS..WTF?

Conan O'Brien makes surprise move to TBS

Reuters
Monday, April 12, 2010; 2:02 PM

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comedian Conan O'Brien is joining cable television network TBS to host a late-night talk show, expected to start in November, in a surprise move following his bitter departure from NBC's "The Tonight Show".

TBS, a division of Time Warner Inc.'s Turner Broadcasting System, said on Monday that O'Brien, who had been in talks with rival Fox for several weeks, began negotiations in earnest with the cable channel just last week.

"Conan has been the comedic voice for a generation. TBS already has a huge audience of young comedy lovers, and Conan's show will give these fans even more reasons to watch our network," Steve Koonin, president of Turner Entertainment Networks, said in a statement.

O'Brien was forced to quit "The Tonight Show" in January after just seven months in the job as low viewership brought complaints from NBC affiliates. Under a $45 million exit deal with NBC, O'Brien was barred from launching a new TV show before September.

Instead, the red-haired comedian is kicking off a comedy tour on Monday called "Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television."

"In three months I've gone from network television to Twitter to performing live in theaters, and now I'm headed to basic cable. My plan is working perfectly," O'Brien joked about the move to TBS, which has fewer overall viewers than broadcast networks NBC, CBS, ABC or Fox.

Show business newspaper The Hollywood Reporter said on Sunday that talks between Fox and representatives of O'Brien had run into problems with Fox's local affiliates over the cost of commitments to sitcoms or other syndicated programs already booked for the late-night slot.

TBS said O'Brien would be a good match for the network, which has a strong comedy slate and a young audience.

O'Brien's new TBS show will precede "Lopez Tonight," the comedy show hosted by George Lopez, which will shift to a midnight time slot, TBS said.

(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Bob Tourtellotte and Cynthia Osterman)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Conan O'brien to....
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 03:01:28 PM »
He will be the Yang to George Lopez's Yen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 03:05:33 PM »
He will be the Yang to George Lopez's Yen.

Someone needs to put George's show out of its misery. He is terrible. Now - Dane Cook - that guy is effing funny!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 04:05:11 PM »
Someone needs to put George's show out of its misery. He is terrible. Now - Dane Cook - that guy is effing funny!
:suicide:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 04:14:57 PM »

1. Lopez will still be there following Conan.

2. Dane Cook = not funny
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 04:39:49 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 05:04:39 PM »
seriously, who the fuck is dane cook?

and george lopez has a talk show on TBS?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 07:21:11 PM »
I am offended by the Lopez show. It only perpetuates the stereotype that George Lopez is funny.

Dane cook...also not funny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 10:27:44 PM »
ratings, ticket sales and dvd sales say your full of shit. Lopez is stupid as fuck. Worst comedian ever.  EVER.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 10:32:21 PM »
ratings, ticket sales and dvd sales say your full of shit. Lopez is stupid as fuck. Worst comedian ever.  EVER.
A lot of dumbasses in the world.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 10:41:21 PM »
A lot of dumbasses in the world.

yeah yeah I know - it was a tongue in cheek desperation attempt to take up for the guy. Miserable fail on my part.. I guess its just subjective. I like that brand of humor. I can also recognize when something is funny even if I dont really like the comedian - I just find George Lopez the most unfunny person ever. So you liked Foot Fist but not Dane Cook? What the hell....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 10:57:17 PM »
yeah yeah I know - it was a tongue in cheek desperation attempt to take up for the guy. Miserable fail on my part.. I guess its just subjective. I like that brand of humor. I can also recognize when something is funny even if I dont really like the comedian - I just find George Lopez the most unfunny person ever. So you liked Foot Fist but not Dane Cook? What the hell....
I agree with you on George Lopez...I just don't get it, I thought you had to be funny to be a comedian.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 10:52:37 AM »

Who said they thought Lopez was funny? I'm pretty sure everyone was just agreeing that Dane Cook is not funny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 11:04:25 AM »
Who said they thought Lopez was funny? I'm pretty sure everyone was just agreeing that Dane Cook is not funny.

George Lopez is funnier than Dane Cook...but so is watching the grass grow at my house.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 12:06:35 PM »
Dane Cook.  Pay-per-view.  20 minutes.  Let's go!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 01:03:43 PM »
I celebrate Dane Cook's entire catalogue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 01:06:09 PM »
George Lopez is funnier than Dane Cook...but so is watching the grass grow at my house.

Cook actually has jokes - even if he isnt your brand of humor....Lopez goes on tangents about life and him being Hispanic - that are not funny while making faces half the time that make him look as if he were constipated. Id like to shove a rake up his ass for impersonating a comedian.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 02:56:05 PM »
Cook actually has jokes - even if he isnt your brand of humor....Lopez goes on tangents about life and him being Hispanic - that are not funny while making faces half the time that make him look as if he were constipated. Id like to shove a rake up his ass for impersonating a comedian.
Cook steals his jokes from actual comedians who ARE funny except he just screams them loud and obnoxiously with exaggerated motions.

Fuck him.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 02:57:23 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 03:22:39 PM »
I celebrate Dane Cook's entire catalogue.
I'll celebrate to Dane Cooks Leading Ladies.

Jessica Simpson

Jessica Alba

Kate Hudson
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:25:50 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 04:11:54 PM »
Cook steals his jokes from actual comedians who ARE funny except he just screams them loud and obnoxiously with exaggerated motions.

phuk him.

If you listen to Mencia's side of the story - then yes. Nevermind he is the biggest joke stealer of all time. and not funny. Ever see the video of Joe Rogan busting his ass? Mencia pussed out like a little bitch because he knew it was true. I hate him worse than Lopez.  Now George Carlin - that was one funny mfer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE