Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

PSA. Automotive Heat Gauge

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
PSA. Automotive Heat Gauge
« on: April 20, 2010, 09:49:36 AM »
Pay attention to it. 
When it is in the red DO NOT keep driving your vehicle. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: PSA. Automotive Heat Gauge
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:50:59 AM »
They are often called Dummy lights/gauges but from my experience with them they are moreless "delayed". So if its red, youve been hot for a while now and def should drive no further.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:14:12 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:09:56 AM »
When smoke billows out from it, no matter what color, it's time to pull over unless you are doing skywriting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jadennis

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 11:19:17 AM »
I'm guessing you drove with no water in your engine (or a broken water pump), over-heated, warped the head?  

I had a girlfriend who ran out of gas one time.  A cop stopped to help her and said "you know, 'E' doesn't stand for 'enough'".  I'm guessing you found out that "H" doesn't stand for "hell yeah, keep on going".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 11:26:22 AM »
Not me but I am the one who has to deal with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 12:46:38 PM »
Not me but I am the one who has to deal with it.
I was going to say that this sounds like a Whitism.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 01:49:19 PM »
I was going to say that this sounds like a Whitism.

That is the nicest way I have heard it or put it myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 01:52:10 PM »
I'm guessing you drove with no water in your engine (or a broken water pump), over-heated, warped the head?  

I had a girlfriend who ran out of gas one time.  A cop stopped to help her and said "you know, 'E' doesn't stand for 'enough'".  I'm guessing you found out that "H" doesn't stand for "hell yeah, keep on going".

warped if its mild. cracked otherwise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 02:42:04 PM »
A new radiator is only a few hundred bucks. A new engine.....

Get it running. Fill it full of slick 50 and trade the thing as fast as possible.

It is mandatory that you tell the whole story......

Went to PC beach on spring break. Wife has 2000 Chevy conversion van low-top that she will not get rid of. So we are going to lunch about to cross the bridge to the Treasure ship, van dies. Fuel pump gives up the ghost. $500. Not horrible. Usually about $600. Get it back the next morning. Park it and notice a nice little stream of fluid shooting from the front. Radiator. $300. Get back home and the AC is not blowing from 3 vents. Screwed up expansion orifice. $300.

I guess now we don't need to trade. I hope she still enjoys it. It will be a while before we trade.

Radiator was fairly cheap compared to a new 5.7 liter engine.  

I was looking forward to going fishing with the kids in a small boat I had been saving for. I guess its back to the dynamite.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:48:20 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 11:06:28 PM »
That is the nicest way I have heard it or put it myself. 
Well, I'm sure it was your fault...  cuz you're the man.  It's always the man's fault...  Just accept it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand