Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2010 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: The Official 2010 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #260 on: July 20, 2010, 11:14:57 AM »
In other news...

WTF happened last night, Cubbie Boy?  The Astros haven't scored eleven runs TOTAL in their prevous five games prior to last night...

(**NOTE:  I am no longer afraid of the BKG.  At this point, I can't think of any way they could use their bad juju to make the Suckasstros any worse than they already are.  SO...)

Hey Cubbie boy!!

:pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #261 on: July 20, 2010, 12:12:07 PM »
WTF happened last night, Cubbie Boy?  The Astros haven't scored eleven runs TOTAL in their prevous five games prior to last night...

Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #262 on: July 20, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »
Will anyone else be at the Braves day game Thursday? If so, holla...will be there with some peeps downing some cold brews.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #263 on: July 20, 2010, 12:43:45 PM »
In other news...

(**NOTE:  I am no longer afraid of the BKG.  At this point, I can't think of any way they could use their bad juju to make the Suckasstros any worse than they already are.  SO...)

Hey Cubbie boy!!

:pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb: :pb:

Just glad I didn't have to watch that shit.  Otherwise, I got nothin.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #264 on: July 20, 2010, 02:12:36 PM »
Will anyone else be at the Braves day game Thursday? If so, holla...will be there with some peeps downing some cold brews.

Yes sir.  Ogre and I will be in attendance.   :cheers:   PM me your number...we might not make it until the first inning...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #265 on: July 20, 2010, 02:44:47 PM »
Don't you guys go anywhere. I plan to put on a hitting display.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #266 on: July 20, 2010, 03:00:09 PM »
Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #267 on: July 20, 2010, 03:06:23 PM »
Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.
Are you trying to tell me that Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #268 on: July 20, 2010, 03:07:40 PM »
Fuck you Jobu, I do it myself!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

chinook

« Reply #269 on: July 20, 2010, 03:08:11 PM »
Yes sir.  Ogre and I will be in attendance.   :cheers:   PM me your number...we might not make it until the first inning...

good luck with the heat and humidity. bobby cox' cock and balls will be sweating like a whore in mass.  

oh yeah...da skreets just told me....Chicago Cubs manager Lou Piniella, 66, has announced that he will retire at the end of the season.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 03:08:54 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #270 on: July 20, 2010, 03:14:06 PM »
oh yeah...da skreets just told me....Chicago Cubs manager Lou Piniella, 66, has announced that he will retire at the end of the season.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #271 on: July 20, 2010, 03:17:36 PM »
By ANDREW SELIGMAN AP Sports Writer

CHICAGO(AP)—Chicago Cubs manager Lou Piniella announced Tuesday that he will retire at the end of the season, ending a storied and often colorful career that included 18 years in the majors as a player and another 22 as a manager.

The 66-year-old Piniella said he was looking forward to spending more time with his family.

“I’ve grown to love the city and the fans but at my age it will be time to enter a new phase in my life,” Piniella said in a statement released by the team.

Announcing his retirement now, Piniella added, gives the team time to find a replacement.

“I’m proud of our accomplishments during my time here and this will be a perfect way for me to end my career,” he said. “But let me make one thing perfectly clear: our work is far from over. I want to keep the momentum going more than anything else and win as many games as we can to get back in this pennant race.”

The Cubs said Piniella will retire as the 14th-winningest manager in major league history.

Piniella is in the fourth and final year of his contract with the Cubs. After leading the Cubs to consecutive NL Central titles in 2007-08, Piniella and his team missed the playoffs last year and have struggled again this season with a new owner, the Ricketts family, in charge. The Cubs have gone 102 years without a World Series title. :haha:

Piniella led the New York Yankees (1986-88), Cincinnati (1990-92), Seattle (1993-2002) and Tampa Bay (2003-05) before arriving in Chicago. He won the World Series as a manager with Cincinnati after winning two as a player (1977-78, Yankees).

A right-handed outfielder, Piniella was the AL Rookie of the Year in 1969 after batting .282, 11 home runs and 68 RBIs with the Royals. He was traded to the Yankees in 1973 and ended his playing career with New York in 1984.

Piniella trails only Tony La Russa, Bobby Cox and Joe Torre in victories among active managers. His World Series title with the Reds in 1990 was the first for the team since 1976. Piniella was at perhaps his most successful as manager of the Mariners, piling up 840 wins and four postseason appearances in 10 years.

The Cubs brought in the fiery Piniella in 2006 to replace Dusty Baker. They knew he was demanding and occasionally combustible - especially in arguments with umpires - but liked his track record of winning. He agreed to a three-year contract worth nearly $10 million, with an option for a fourth year, after spending time in the TV booth.

Piniella had become frustrated in his previous stop at Tampa Bay in 2005 when he didn’t get the personnel improvements he thought he needed. He quickly won over the rabid Cubs fans by guiding the team to 85 wins in 2007 - a 19-game improvement from 2006. The Cubs won 97 games the next year.

Last season and this season have not been as good for Piniella and the Cubs. Through Monday, the team was 10 1/2 games out of first place in the NL Central.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 03:18:09 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #272 on: July 20, 2010, 03:29:15 PM »
Hells yess!!!

We're bringing Bobby Cox out of retirement to end the curse of the Goat.  Next Year IS the Year!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #273 on: July 20, 2010, 03:48:20 PM »
Yes sir.  Ogre and I will be in attendance.   :cheers:   PM me your number...we might not make it until the first inning...

excellent....same here. Should be arriving right at 1 pm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #274 on: July 20, 2010, 05:53:56 PM »
Hells yess!!!

We're bringing Bobby Cox out of retirement to end the curse of the Goat.  Next Year IS the Year!!!

That's it, I just hopped in my car and I'm heading to Birmingham.  Enjoy your last few hours of life, because I'm about to kill a muthafucka.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2010, 11:45:38 PM »
Oh Wench!!!

Aramis Ramirez says hey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #276 on: July 21, 2010, 12:39:35 AM »
Oh Wench!!!

Aramis Ramirez says hey.
The fucking happy nanner dance strikes again...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #277 on: July 22, 2010, 12:35:48 PM »
Wench, where is Oswalt going to end up?  Rumors flying that STL is the leader, but I'd believe it when I see it.  I'm not sure we have the depth in the minors to get an Ace.  Although the owner has been trying to show Pujols that the organization is committed to winning (see Matt Holliday signing)...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #278 on: July 22, 2010, 04:10:51 PM »
Wench, where is Oswalt going to end up?  Rumors flying that STL is the leader, but I'd believe it when I see it.  I'm not sure we have the depth in the minors to get an Ace.  Although the owner has been trying to show Pujols that the organization is committed to winning (see Matt Holliday signing)...
Philly is my guess - that's what the local fishwrap says anyway.  Can't imagine why y'all would WANT his washed up old ass.

Fuck 'im.

oh, and Cubbie Boy sure is quiet around here today - guess losing in extra innings wore his ass out...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #279 on: July 22, 2010, 04:13:43 PM »
Philly is my guess - that's what the local fishwrap says anyway.  Can't imagine why y'all would WANT his washed up old ass.

Fuck 'im.

oh, and Cubbie Boy sure is quiet around here today - guess losing in extra innings wore his ass out...

The cubs are dead to me. I haven't watched one game or even know their shitty ass record this year. I haven't been like this about the team in over 10 years...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions