Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

iPhone Tethering

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: iPhone Tethering
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 11:40:50 PM »
I read yesterday that Blackberry's time has passed.  It's dead.

Sounds familiar....ah yes, they have said the same thing about COBOL. Its only still used in every financial institution.

Just like how the BB is used by most enterprises - because its a work horse. Ive had both. The iPhone is cute and fun but it aint a functional workhorse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 09:08:08 AM »
they have said the same thing about COBOL.

Common Obsolete Boring Old Language

Yes.  I'm looking at one right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 09:54:31 AM »
Common Obsolete Boring Old Language

Yes.  I'm looking at one right now.
Pardon me, but the what the fuck is a COBOL?

I'm too lazy to use google.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 10:57:41 AM »
Pardon me, but the what the phuk is a COBOL?

I'm too lazy to use google.

Programming Language.....Common Business Oriented Language.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »
NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 01:50:31 PM »
NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Hater!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 02:21:47 PM »
I read yesterday that Blackberry's time has passed.  It's dead.
I just can't imagine buying a Blackberry right now. My wife had one, and our Droid Eris phones kick the shit out of the BB. Our phones do everything the BB does, and more. The Blackberry doesn't even have apps for the most part. And for that matter, our phones aren't even the "big boy" Motorola Droid phones like Birdman has. I don't know if BB is dead, but its marketshare is certainly slipping.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 02:26:02 PM »
've been tethering with PDANet for a while now.

I'm tellng you. Jailbreak. You won't look back. You'll wonder why you were a sucker for as long as you were for not doing it earlier.

Unless you don't like all the free shit and phone functionality you can imagine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 09:39:51 PM »
've been tethering with PDANet for a while now.

I'm tellng you. Jailbreak. You won't look back. You'll wonder why you were a sucker for as long as you were for not doing it earlier.

Unless you don't like all the free shit and phone functionality you can imagine.

I don't understand how to do it or the potential ramifications if I do.  That's the basic concept. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 10:46:39 AM »

Yep and every fucking bank (and financial institution) on earth still uses it. Pretty obsolete I'd say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2010, 10:55:40 AM »
Yep and every phuking bank (and financial institution) on earth still uses it. Pretty obsolete I'd say.

I had a few co-workers that left to go to work for BOA in Charlotte.  Want to take a guess which language they could spit code in?  Besides FORTRAN, C, C++...etc....etc....etc....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 11:13:28 AM »
I had a few co-workers that left to go to work for BOA in Charlotte.  Want to take a guess which language they could spit code in?  Besides FORTRAN, C, C++...etc....etc....etc....

Their options, web services and little front end apps may run C and C++ but their heavy moving with the records and financial data (processing of debits and credits, crunching numbers, updates) behind the scenes will be COBOL. Nothing has been made yet that can handle the "millions and millions" of records with numbers like COBOL can with an IMS DB. How do I know? I worked for a Credit Card Processor in Columbus, GA years back and BofA was one of our customers. I actually worked on a team that received some of the update extracts that came from BofA's Mainframe zOS. That was 5-6 years ago, and I guess it could have changed but with their volume of data, I just cant see an OOL pushing that amount of data around.

What was this topic about again?  Ah yes - Kaos wacking off on his iPhone. Carry on...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 11:24:25 AM »
Yeah their COBOL knowledge almost doubled their salary for them.

I didn't know they made an app where you could whack off your phone.

Koas, You should seriously let your software geniuses hack that phone for you.   They should know what's up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 11:28:45 AM »

I didn't know they made an app where you could whack off your phone.

Koas, You should seriously let your software geniuses hack that phone for you.   They should know what's up.

All those Apple guys whack off when playing with their products. Theyre just weird is all I can say. And then Kaos is just weird anyway, so....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 01:16:28 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 11:31:30 AM »
I thought it was about how versatile the iphone is?  

Here is some tethering.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 11:32:45 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."