Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

More Bad News from the 2010 Class

More Bad News from the 2010 Class
« on: April 02, 2010, 11:11:20 PM »
This doesn't affect Auburn, but it's a sad story. 

Matt James, a four star offensive linemen who signed with Notre Dame, died in Panama City, FL after falling off of a hotel balcony. 

Here's a link with the story: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5051968

That makes three big recruits struck with bad luck - The Vanderbilt kid who was murdered; Shon Coleman hit with cancer; and Matt James dead after a tragic accident. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: More Bad News from the 2010 Class
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »
Man, what a horrible trifecta. You hear stories from time to time, but seldom this close together.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 12:23:16 PM »
Ive actually stayed at that hotel and driven by it a zillion times. Its right there in the heart of the strip - drunk central. This is very very sad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 01:56:15 PM »
     Is that the one that used to be the Holiday Inn?  With the big sculpted pool in the back?  Stayed there a couple nights the week after high school graduation.  I hate that this happened to the kid, but surprised it doesn't happen every weekend.  The place has always been a big drunk-fest. (Not there's anything wrong with that).

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 03:17:42 PM »
     Is that the one that used to be the Holiday Inn?  With the big sculpted pool in the back?  Stayed there a couple nights the week after high school graduation.  I hate that this happened to the kid, but surprised it doesn't happen every weekend.  The place has always been a big drunk-fest. (Not there's anything wrong with that).

No question this is tragic.  However, it's literally a yearly thing where some drunk spring breaker falls off a hotel balcony to his/her death....whether it's PC, Daytona or wherever.  Happened the one year I went to Daytona and this isn't even close to PC's first rodeo with inebriated skydivers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 03:28:45 PM »
No question this is tragic.  However, it's literally a yearly thing where some drunk spring breaker falls off a hotel balcony to his/her death....whether it's PC, Daytona or wherever.  Happened the one year I went to Daytona and this isn't even close to PC's first rodeo with inebriated skydivers.

The Fontainebleau in PC was on a roll there for about three years. Good to see the kids are spreading the wealth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 03:33:54 PM »
The Fontainebleau in PC was on a roll there for about three years. Good to see the kids are spreading the wealth.

I haven't been down in that area in a few years.  Is the Fontaineblue still there or has it been torn down?  We used to stay in that place when we were kids.  It was like the Taj Freakin Mahal with an indoor pool..  Woooooo....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 03:39:04 PM »
I haven't been down in that area in a few years.  Is the Fontaineblue still there or has it been torn down?  We used to stay in that place when we were kids.  It was like the Taj Freakin Mahal with an indoor pool..  Woooooo....

Time for you to get back to your roots sir. 
http://www.fl-motels-review.com/?n=fontainebleau+terrace&id=410949&t=hotel

Too bad the Gulf Crest is no longer there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 03:49:56 PM »
Time for you to get back to your roots sir. 
http://www.fl-motels-review.com/?n=fontainebleau+terrace&id=410949&t=hotel

Too bad the Gulf Crest is no longer there.

So did the FB and the Georgian Terrace combine or something?

Anyone remember the Old Majestic down at the other end of Front Beach? Ah...good times.....Flashback - 1996.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »
Efficiency hotel living at it's finest.  Aaahhhh...those were the days.  Miracle Strip Amusement Park every night.  I thought it was the coolest place on earth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »
So did the FB and the Georgian Terrace combine or something?

Anyone remember the Old Majestic down at the other end of Front Beach? Ah...good times.....Flashback - 1996.
I stayed at the Majestic in High School, and it was amazing. 

Anyone remember the Blue Dolphin hotel?  I do, we completely destroyed it one year.  Good Times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »

Anyone remember the Blue Dolphin hotel?  I do, we completely destroyed it one year.  Good Times.

That was you?  Man, that manager is still pissed about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »
If you didn't stay at the Panama Inn, you weren't shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 04:15:38 PM »

Have you seen the New Majestic? Effing resort now.

I like old Purple and Yellow piece of shit with roaches and hookers everywhere,
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 04:20:30 PM »
The real question is does the Peek Motel still exist?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 04:37:45 PM »
The fact that the Majestic is a resort now = hilarious. 

And yes Steve, that was us.  That manager probably is still looking for us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 05:01:08 PM »
The fact that the Majestic is a resort now = hilarious. 

And yes Steve, that was us.  That manager probably is still looking for us.

Hooligans...the whole lot of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 10:13:03 AM »
This doesn't affect Auburn, but it's a sad story. 

Matt James, a four star offensive linemen who signed with Notre Dame, died in Panama City, FL after falling off of a hotel balcony. 

Here's a link with the story: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5051968

That makes three big recruits struck with bad luck - The Vanderbilt kid who was murdered; Shon Coleman hit with cancer; and Matt James dead after a tragic accident. 
While it is a sad story indeed you cannot compare the first 2 with a drunk idiot who's whole situation could have been avoided.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 12:13:52 PM »
While it is a sad story indeed you cannot compare the first 2 with a drunk idiot who's whole situation could have been avoided.
Being Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 02:48:23 PM »

Aww the Majestic, nothing like having a large black man waking you up every morning taking your Totino's pizzas.  And remember at the Blue Dolphin when we almost got Chad arrested b/c we came back at the last possible second with the money to fix the damage?...good times
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions