Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Coach Barbee Letter to Students

Aubie16

Coach Barbee Letter to Students
« on: March 30, 2010, 01:20:49 PM »
My sister forwarded this email she received from Coach Barbee.

Dear Auburn Students,

As your new head basketball coach, I am thrilled about the opportunity to represent you and this great university at such an exciting time for Auburn basketball. When I accepted this job, I knew there would be challenges, but what struck me the most was the tremendous potential of this program with everything Auburn has to offer. The university, the community and the fan base are all top notch, and the new state-of-the-art Auburn Arena demonstrates a commitment to this program that will help us take Auburn basketball to new heights.

As your head coach, I promise to stay true to the Auburn Creed as I believe in work, hard work. With that said, my staff and I will not be outworked as we bring the Auburn Family what they deserve. I will give my all in every aspect of the job, from recruiting and coaching to promoting the program. I will do everything in my power to produce a winning program and change the culture of Auburn basketball.

I challenge you, the Auburn students, to create a real excitement around Auburn basketball. You are a part of the team, and I need you there at every game to make Auburn Arena the best home court advantage in the SEC.

You are critical to our success, and there has not been a more significant period to turn this program around than now. The administration shares my feelings, as the design of Auburn Arena prioritizes the experience of the students.

The Auburn Arena caters to students in every way and is designed to create an intimidating home court advantage. Very few students throughout the entire nation will enjoy the same amenities that this new arena will present to you. You will have your own private entrance to the arena, concourse area, restrooms and concession stand. As students, you will have the best seats in the building. The student section will surround three sides of the court on the floor level. You will have an effect on the game like never before, and our atmosphere will be contingent on you. With your help, I truly believe we can have a great basketball atmosphere.

I know we can accomplish all of our goals together. I cannot express how excited I am to be your new coach. I look forward to the next few months as we build enthusiasm for next season and beyond.

War Eagle!

Tony Barbee
Head Men's Basketball Coach
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Re: Coach Barbee Letter to Students
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 01:35:26 PM »
I have now officially heard more about, and from an Auburn Head Basketball Coach than I have in the rest of my Auburn past.

I like the start....   I'm intrigued.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 02:23:19 PM »
I want to be a student again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 02:27:51 PM »
I want to be a student again. 

Come here grasshoppa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 02:40:48 PM »
Can't you see what he's doing? Mindless, blind sheep.  The whole lot of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 02:41:43 PM »
Can't you see what he's doing? Mindless, blind sheep.  The whole lot of you.

Baaah doesn't always mean no.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 02:53:46 PM »
That Arena is going to be rockin'
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 02:58:54 PM »
That Arena is going to be rockin'

It is supposed to be designed to be somewhat loud isn't it? Or did I just imagine that?

simp - do you know since you helped in some of the draft plans?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 03:11:13 PM »
I took a tour of it during the football season.  Of course it was just a maze of concrete but you got the general idea of how it was all laid out.  When we walked into the actual arena from the floor entrance, I literally went, What the hell is this?  At first glance, it's really small and I guess next BEMC it is.  But the more you stood there and looked around, you could tell this was going to be bad azz.  It seems to have a lot of different levels and very unique seating layout.  There's no question you will be right on top of the action.  Big time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 03:14:38 PM »
It is supposed to be designed to be somewhat loud isn't it? Or did I just imagine that?

It is designed to be really loud. With the seating and what not, like Ole' Harvey said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »

The ceiling is low for one thing. Also, if I remember correctly, the design was created in an acoustic fashion to make it the much louder. Also, I think when students and fans enter the doors, they will enter in on the 3 floor giving a bowl type configuration. It should be very similar to Dukes arena, maybe a little bigger. This place will rock. At one time, you could take a virtual tour of the place. I think I will go take a look during A-Day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 04:15:33 PM »
The ceiling is low for one thing. Also, if I remember correctly, the design was created in an acoustic fashion to make it the much louder. Also, I think when students and fans enter the doors, they will enter in on the 3 floor giving a bowl type configuration. It should be very similar to Dukes arena, maybe a little bigger. This place will rock. At one time, you could take a virtual tour of the place. I think I will go take a look during A-Day.

I think Cameron Indoor is under 10K too.  And yes, it's loud in there.  Hell, I was watching them play Portland State or somebody like that and the Crazies never stopped. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 05:28:32 PM »
I think Cameron Indoor is under 10K too.  And yes, it's loud in there.  Hell, I was watching them play Portland State or somebody like that and the Crazies never stopped.  

It's true...the number of people is not that big of a deal.  When I lived in North Carolina I went to both Duke (9,300) and North Carolina (21,750) basketball games, and preferred the Duke atmosphere even though it had considerably less than half of what the Smith Center seats.

With our student section on three sides and close to the court, it could be a pretty difficult place to play (assuming we have enough students to fill the lower three sides....what an embarrassment it would be if we don't).  

Seems like Barbee is doing everything right so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 05:29:20 PM »
I think Cameron Indoor is under 10K too.  And yes, it's loud in there.  Hell, I was watching them play Portland State or somebody like that and the Crazies never stopped. 

I'm wondering if the Crazies were the test rats for the "5 Hour" energy drink. If so, I think a letter to Barbee is in need. I'm excited about this new arena for sure. I think the Barbee hire will re-energize the masses. Its up to him to keep it going.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 05:50:49 PM »
I'm wondering if the Crazies were the test rats for the "5 Hour" energy drink. If so, I think a letter to Barbee is in need. I'm excited about this new arena for sure. I think the Barbee hire will re-energize the masses. Its up to him to keep it going.

We just need to hand out cocaine at the student gates. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 06:00:54 PM »
People would scream so much their ears would bleed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 06:25:31 PM »
I have now officially heard more about, and from an Auburn Head Basketball Coach than I have in the rest of my Auburn past.

I like the start....   I'm intrigued.
Thinking the same thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 10:35:35 PM »
People would scream so much their ears would bleed.

...and noses. The only problem with the cocaine idea is more people would be 'lined' up at the bathroom than in the arena itself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 12:37:42 AM »
That's not the only problem with cocaine...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 09:55:02 AM »

Hand out nothing. We keep, and dole out selectively. How else are we going to get some of you fucktards laid?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.