Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Barbee Hired

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Barbee Hired
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 10:23:09 AM »
There is an air of excitement about the future on the Plains that just hasn't been there in a while.

Chizik & Barbee could be the new Dye & Smith.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 10:24:44 AM »
This hire has loads of potential....

but...

I have to say that I hate, hate, hate his affiliation with Calipari.  That fucker is a cheating snake in the grass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 10:26:12 AM »
Why does it always have to be about race with you?  Fucking Mexican.

My bad, Ogre. Insensitive of me to forget gingers don't look all that good in black.

What color DO y'all look good in, anyway?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 10:27:05 AM »
This hire has loads of potential....

but...

I have to say that I hate, hate, hate his affiliation with Calipari.  That phuker is a cheating snake in the grass.

I agree on the perception of Calipari - but what happened at both UMass and Memphis were not his doing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 10:27:15 AM »

Trick question.  Gingers never look good.

People's exhibit A:  :bowl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 10:28:53 AM »
Trick question.  Gingers never look good.

People's exhibit A:  :bowl:
Orange makes his head "pop"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 10:50:06 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 11:28:29 AM »
Barbee's Blackout?
Lies.I have a pretty good idea where it is.

That all having been said....SUPER excited about Barbee. This basketball program needed a defibrillator....and I think he might be it.

I agree, even if he only lasts as long as Lebo.
I put together a  "Barbie Funhouse" at Christmas right before my divorce. My daughter never got to play with it. Just comes to mind. Please don't cry!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 11:58:49 AM »
My bad, Ogre. Insensitive of me to forget gingers don't look all that good in black.

We look good in navy blue.  Orange hair and a navy blue shirt will make panties drop.

At least that's what I've heard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 12:27:30 PM »
I agree on the perception of Calipari - but what happened at both UMass and Memphis were not his doing.

I'm admittedly speaking to perception since I don't know the particulars of the cheating scandals at those schools.  However, it's a bit hard to swallow (run with it, boys) that he had no hand in bringing not one, but two, schools down. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 12:31:18 PM »
I'm admittedly speaking to perception since I don't know the particulars of the cheating scandals at those schools.  However, it's a bit hard to swallow (run with it, boys) that he had no hand in bringing not one, but two, schools down. 

The problem is...what do we have to bring down?  Nuttin from nuttin leaves nuttin.

I keed of course...sort of.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 12:41:25 PM »
Was he named in any of the allegations?  What were the allegations against Calipari at the two schools?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »
Was he named in any of the allegations?  What were the allegations against Calipari at the two schools?

I think I said pretty clearly that I don't have any idea.  The public perception of Calipari is, however, that of a cheater.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 01:08:24 PM »
Imagine if Bryant and Rupp were both at present day Kentucky. That would qualify as a cheating exacta.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 01:27:35 PM »
I think I said pretty clearly that I don't have any idea.  The public perception of Calipari is, however, that of a cheater.

True - but as long as Barbee keeps his nose clean I'm cool with it. The perception is also that Kentucky is 3 wins from a NC and he's been clean so far up there. We shall see wes - but I do like the hire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 01:29:11 PM »
We shall see wes - but I do like the hire.

That's where I am.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 03:28:23 PM »
Press conference?  Anyone? Anyone?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 03:49:41 PM »
Press conference?  Anyone? Anyone?
5 pm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jadennis

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 06:05:29 PM »
Camby took money from an agent at UMass.  Most believe that Calipari didn't know or have anything to do with it.  At Memphis, Derrick Rose had his brother take the SAT so he could get into school.  That's something the Rose boys were going to do regardless of where he tried to go to school.  Did Calipari know?  Who knows.  

But to me, neither sitiation is anything like Tim Floyd at USC standing on a street corner handing a guy $1000 to help make sure a player comes to his program.  Don't forget too, that Calipari was at UMass for 8 years and at Memphis for 9 years, and out of all that winning (441-138), only two individual players are in question, and both from things that were more specific to them as individuals than a coach committing widespread recruiting violations or academic fraud or anything like that.  Maybe the famous "lack of institutional control" line fits a bit.  But again, that's over the course of 17 seasons, and neither case uncovered widespread cheating or violations.  They were specific to two kids.

All in all, skip to the 30 second mark of the video below to see why I think this is a good hire.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 06:08:13 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 08:37:06 PM »
Camby took money from an agent at UMass.  Most believe that Calipari didn't know or have anything to do with it.  At Memphis, Derrick Rose had his brother take the SAT so he could get into school.  That's something the Rose boys were going to do regardless of where he tried to go to school.  Did Calipari know?  Who knows.  

But to me, neither sitiation is anything like Tim Floyd at USC standing on a street corner handing a guy $1000 to help make sure a player comes to his program.  Don't forget too, that Calipari was at UMass for 8 years and at Memphis for 9 years, and out of all that winning (441-138), only two individual players are in question, and both from things that were more specific to them as individuals than a coach committing widespread recruiting violations or academic fraud or anything like that.  Maybe the famous "lack of institutional control" line fits a bit.  But again, that's over the course of 17 seasons, and neither case uncovered widespread cheating or violations.  They were specific to two kids.
Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Coach Barbee wasn't involved in those two individual allegations.  I had forgotten about the Camby deal, but I remembered the Rose SAT.  Did UMass or Memphis get hit with Major Sanctions?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs