Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

former SPuat, Bernie Madoff, beat up while in prison....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
former SPuat, Bernie Madoff, beat up while in prison....
« on: March 18, 2010, 07:30:20 PM »
CONVICTED fraudster Bernie Madoff, who is currently serving a 150-year sentence in a US jail, was bashed by a fellow inmate in December, a report says.

A former inmate told The Wall Street Journal said the fight was centered on money the attacker thought he was owed by Madoff. He said a prison officer found Madoff lying wounded on a floor.

Madoff was treated for a broken nose, fractured ribs and cuts to his head and face, according to another prisoner currently serving time on drug charges.

Madoff pleaded guilty last year to tricking thousands of people out of billions of dollars in one of history's biggest financial scams.

He made clients believe he was making legitimate investments, when in reality he was running a Ponzi scheme where the funds invested by new clients are used to pay fake returns to existing clients.

After the attack, Madoff was moved to a low-security medical centre for treatment.

The Bureau of Prisons said at the time rumors of an assault were false and that Madoff suffered from dizziness and hypertension.

One of his lawyers, Ira Sorkin, added at the time Madoff was experiencing high blood pressure and heart palpitations.

Mr Sorkin declined to comment on whether his client was beaten, saying, "I don't comment on prison conditions or his family."

The former inmate said Madoff's attacker was a beefy man serving time for a drug conviction.

short version

Entire Story
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: former SPuat, Bernie Madoff, beat up while in prison....
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 11:50:21 AM »
 :rofl: I hope he gets gang raped.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: former SPuat, Bernie Madoff, beat up while in prison....
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 12:06:54 PM »
One of his lawyers, Ira Sorkin, added at the time Madoff was experiencing high blood pressure and heart palpitations.

There were palpitations alright...but not of the heart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.