Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Justified

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Justified
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 12:47:36 PM »
Another great episode last night.  Don't know who was playing "Jody", the black guy playing the badass...but he kicked ass. Drugged up as hell and didn't give a frick until Raylan blew his ass away.  I'm addicted to this series now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 11:50:05 AM »
Another great episode last night.  Don't know who was playing "Jody", the black guy playing the badass...but he kicked ass. Drugged up as hell and didn't give a frick until Raylan blew his ass away.  I'm addicted to this series now.

A common theme with this show, and it's my only complaint. I really like most of the "bad guys", but they kill em off too fast. The black guy, the fighter. Both had potential. Both are finished with. The crime boss from last season, I loved that guy. Dickie Bennett. All great characters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 12:27:22 PM »
A common theme with this show, and it's my only complaint. I really like most of the "bad guys", but they kill em off too fast. The black guy, the fighter. Both had potential. Both are finished with. The crime boss from last season, I loved that guy. Dickie Bennett. All great characters.

Great point.  Both the fighter and black dude were great characters and they snuffed em' out quick.  I didn't see last season (Just got hooked this season after seeing the recommendations) so I don't remember the crime boss.  Jody, the black badass, played the hyped up on crack, invincible role to a tee.  You being in law enforcement, you can speak to it better than I, but that's the way I picture it.  Many years ago, we had a hostage situation close to here in Enterprise at a Beall's Department Store.  A guy went in and held several women at gun point and I think wound up killing two.  (Saw the police video of one of a girl getting killed and the guy getting blown away) During the course of the standoff, he raped a couple of them multiple times.  Tried to use one girl as a shield as he made his way to his car and that's when they blew him....and unfortunately the girl...away. 

I say that because I talked to the SWAT team leader who said this guy was soooo hyped on crack, they had to shoot him a dozen or so times because he would not stay down.  And all accounts from inside the store were that he was just wired and crazy.  Like Jody in this episode.  Wired for sound and ready to jump out a second story window or face off with anybody.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 01:50:36 PM »
He was the crazy sniper from Homeland.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 10:28:03 AM »
So....my question about last week's episode:

When Limehouse changed the deal on Boyd, why did Boyd cave so quickly?  He's never backed down before, and the mere presence of Limehouse's goons can't shake him that badly.  He should have agreed to the 300K/per, but insisted that Limehouse hold Ella May for a week.  Turn Drew into Theo Tonin, collect $500K, return for Ella May and still walk with change in his pocket.

I guess that wouldn't make for as much drama, but it makes more sense for the characters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 10:50:46 AM »
So....my question about last week's episode:

When Limehouse changed the deal on Boyd, why did Boyd cave so quickly?  He's never backed down before, and the mere presence of Limehouse's goons can't shake him that badly.  He should have agreed to the 300K/per, but insisted that Limehouse hold Ella May for a week.  Turn Drew into Theo Tonin, collect $500K, return for Ella May and still walk with change in his pocket.

I guess that wouldn't make for as much drama, but it makes more sense for the characters.

Was surprised at that too.  I was waiting for him to turn the tables but he caved right away.  Got a feeling he has something in store for us tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2013, 02:45:11 PM »
Was surprised at that too.  I was waiting for him to turn the tables but he caved right away.  Got a feeling he has something in store for us tonight.

If you know the history with Limehouse, NOBODY messes with Limehouse. And Boyd knows that.

Boy know he would not have left that side of the tracks if he had pushed the limit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 02:53:11 PM »
If you know the history with Limehouse, NOBODY messes with Limehouse. And Boyd knows that.

Boy know he would not have left that side of the tracks if he had pushed the limit.

Ultimately Limehouse is a business man.  He would see the value in getting an extra $300K for holding on to the hooker for a week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 02:52:28 PM »
Damn fine show last night.  The exchange between Boyd and (forgot bad bald dude's name) over God telling Abraham to kill his son was intense.  Boyd got his face bashed in a few times but I thought he recovered well in the next few hours.  Good elastic skin the way it bounced back without a mark on him by show's end.

How many dicks did you suck to get to the top?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2023, 10:27:41 AM »
New series, Justified: City Primeval, kicks off with a two hour (or two episodes...potato, yer mama) premiere tonight on FX.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2023, 03:51:53 PM »
I was on the fence with the first two.  Maybe I was missing Boyd and the witty exchanges.  I will say though, it's really picked up since then.  I don't like it as much as the first go round but I really hate the criminal in this series.  I don't remember hating any in the first series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2023, 08:47:42 AM »
When's it on, Wes?

Only shows I'm watching regularly are the two NCIS series.

You watching the new one Chop? It can be your third. Chop? You there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2023, 02:25:36 PM »
You watching the new one Chop? It can be your third. Chop? You there?

Chop outgrew us and has moved on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions