Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Taxes

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Taxes
« on: March 05, 2010, 04:02:07 PM »
I wonder how many people realize what I have about my taxes.  In looking at my family expenses as I am trying to find a way for my wife to not have to go back to work after the baby, I realized I have no control of my single largest expense.

I pay more in Federal taxes per year than for any other single household expense.  More than my mortgage, More than my car, More than my food.  Un fucking believable!!

We need to find a way to fix this nonsense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Taxes
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 04:41:22 PM »
tax evasion. problem solved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 05:10:51 PM »
We need to find a way to fix this nonsense.
We need to start hammering on our national politicians to correct it.  If more people were doing it, the situation would improve. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 05:33:59 PM »
We need to start hammering on our national politicians to correct it.  If more people were doing it, the situation would improve.  

By the time you pay:

Federal Income Tax
Stae Income Tax
Local Income Tax
Property Tax
State and local sales tax
Phone tax
Gas tax
Hotel tax
medicare tax
social security tax

I would be willing to bet that the average upper middle class family pays well over 55-60% of their income in taxes.  They really don't have much more to get before we are the USSR or China
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 06:02:08 PM by AUTailgatingRules »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 05:49:46 PM »
Step one to getting some of your money back...

« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 12:17:59 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 09:56:48 PM »
tax evasion. problem solved.
It's not illegal until you get caught.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 12:49:16 PM »
It's not illegal until you get caught.
Spoken like a true bammer. :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GarMan

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 08:36:33 PM »
Amazing...  DADT strikes up 20 page debate, while a far more important topic seems to go dead.   :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 06:32:44 AM »
Amazing...  DADT strikes up 20 page debate, while a far more important topic seems to go dead.   :puke:

That is exactly why I say the war is over man.  Wermer dropped the big one.  They have successfully taken the important topics, pushed them to the back and convinced everyone that these"social issues" have a higher importance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 07:53:14 AM »
Great point, I want my money back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 08:39:11 AM »

Which is exactly the way some want it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 12:32:20 PM »

This probably has something to do with the fact that everyone agrees that taxes suck; there isn't a whole lot of discussion to be had.  You get more debate on a social issue because there is a variety of points of view.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 06:21:26 PM »
This probably has something to do with the fact that everyone agrees that taxes suck; there isn't a whole lot of discussion to be had.  You get more debate on a social issue because there is a variety of points of view.

FFFEEEEEUUUUUCCCCCCKKKK THAT. 

That's exactly the line of thinking that has us in trouble.  "Taxes suck.  We all agree.  Not much we can do about it."

That's the wrong attitude.  Our primary focus should be on what affects us first - quite frankly, for most Americans rich, average or poor, that's money.  I personally don't care about gay marriage as I'm not gay and I'm already married.  Why should I have a debate over their rights?

We've been brainwashed into thinking these social issues actually matter.  Like our debates on message boards matter.  They don't.  It's an easy way for candidates to be identified as republican or democrat.  It's why Bradley Byrnes's website blatantly mentions how he's against abortion.  Like that really matters.  It doesn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Vandy Vol

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 08:12:25 PM »
FFFEEEEEUUUUUCCCCCCKKKK THAT.  

That's exactly the line of thinking that has us in trouble.  "Taxes suck.  We all agree.  Not much we can do about it."

That's the wrong attitude.  Our primary focus should be on what affects us first - quite frankly, for most Americans rich, average or poor, that's money.  I personally don't care about gay marriage as I'm not gay and I'm already married.  Why should I have a debate over their rights?

We've been brainwashed into thinking these social issues actually matter.  Like our debates on message boards matter.  They don't.  It's an easy way for candidates to be identified as republican or democrat.  It's why Bradley Byrnes's website blatantly mentions how he's against abortion.  Like that really matters.  It doesn't.

I never said that there was nothing we can do about taxes.  You're assuming a lot if you think that this is what I said.  I simply said that most people agree that taxes suck.  And most people do agree with this.  Therefore, most people aren't going to spend time discussing it because we all agree.  When it comes to more opinionated discussions, however, you're going to see more discussion.

This does not mean that taxes shouldn't be discussed.  It doesn't mean that taxes are less important than gays in the military.  All I am saying is that most people agree that taxes suck.  Therefore, if you start a discussion about taxes, then most people aren't going to reply when they agree with what has already been said.  You only get discussion when people don't agree.  That doesn't make the topic more or less important; it simply means that you're going to get more discussion when people have different points of view.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 08:16:35 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 07:10:33 PM »
That is exactly why I say the war is over man.  Wermer dropped the big one.  They have successfully taken the important topics, pushed them to the back and convinced everyone that these"social issues" have a higher importance.

I think someone named GH2001 said this twice in the DADT debate. Fish, meet bait.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 11:16:31 PM »
That's a pathetic perspective.  Perhaps, it's just a lemming's point of view... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 11:20:33 PM »
That's a pathetic perspective.  Perhaps, it's just a lemming's point of view... 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 06:45:11 AM »
I think someone named GH2001 said this twice in the DADT debate. Fish, meet bait.

I quit reading the other thread.  I was tired of the diatribes from all sides.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 11:07:57 AM »
Nothing like an argument about what pussies eachother are for agreeing with eachother.

The offseason hurts sometimes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions