• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
This Week In Recruiting
« on: March 08, 2010, 11:37:21 AM »
http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2010/03/auburn_recruiting_the_latest_v.html
Auburn recruiting: A busy week in review
By Charles Goldberg -- The Birmingham News
March 08, 2010, 8:18AM

There's no offseason in football recruiting anymore, just ask Auburn. The Tigers had quite a few high school juniors drop in last week for unofficial visits, including the son of a former Alabama quarterback and some other of the top players around the South.

The Gold Mine's roving camera even snapped Auburn High School defensive end LaMichael Fanning and defensive tackle Jamichael Payne. They drove across town to visit.

Most everybody who visited during the week said they had a good time, as most everybody says at most every university. Still, things sound positive for Auburn.

Anyway, the Gold Mine toured our recruiting guru friends at AuburnSports.com and AuburnUndercover.com and Inside the Auburn Tigers to see what's what. They have lots of quotes, so there are more details there.

Here's a summary of some of the visitors:

**LeFlore High School Danny Woodson Jr. dropped in and left saying Auburn is his favorite. If the name seems familiar, it's because his dad, Danny Woodson, was an Alabama quarterback in 1990 and 1991. 

Woodson Jr. said he has nine college offers.

"It's Auburn and everybody else," Woodson, Jr. told the websites.

**Running back and ESPNU 150 Watch List player Demetrius Hart of Orlando visited and left saying he hopes to announce his college intentions by May 1. He plans to enroll in college next January.

He says Florida and Auburn are his favorites.

**Minor High defensive back Chris Jones is ticketed to be as one of the top prospects in Alabama next season. His visit last week went well enough for him to say Auburn is his No. 1 choice right now.

Jones said he has offers from Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, Vanderbilt, Louisville, Memphis, Maryland and Georgia Tech.

**Auburn High's Fanning is regarded one of the top defensive lineman around. He has the size at 6-foot-6 and 272 pounds. He says Auburn and Alabama are two of his favorites.

Teammate Payne said he doesn't have an offer. Auburn coaches want him to lose some weight.

"Auburn is where I want to go," Payne said. "I've been an Auburn fan all of my life.

Those recruiting websites did the interviewing last week. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions