Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

My true genius

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: My true genius
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2010, 12:39:07 PM »
And thats what sucks wes. Most Christians ARE NOT like that and don't push it. Its just the few that decide to get all judgmental and holy roller on everyone ruin the face of the whole religion for all of us. Its the Vocal Minority > Silent Majority thing. I'm in the latter. Look at those kooks who protest funerals out of Topeka, KS. Some would have you believe all Christians are like that. Its a convenient argument anti-religious figures have used for years to paint the entire religion with a broad brush. And it sucks.

To be clear, I wasn't singling out any religion in my post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2010, 12:56:01 PM »
To be clear, I wasn't singling out any religion in my post.

Understood....but you get my drift.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2010, 01:44:24 PM »
I am a Christian dude... but IMO...

Spirituality and your own personal relationship with God>Religion
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2010, 02:02:47 PM »
I am a Christian dude... but IMO...

Spirituality and your own personal relationship with God>Religion

True.

In fact - I consider myself much more spiritual having a relationship with God than I do "religious". I am not the BIGGEST fan of organized religion in the sense that you are required to gather with others at one place every time the doors open, by their rules or you're going to hell. THAT I am not into. And THAT mentality is what has turned much of the country against religion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2010, 04:19:07 PM »
Living in Houston, one is constantly exposed to Joel Osteen and his "Be a good person and ask God for stuff and he will give it to you!!" brand of "Christianity".  I don't believe that God doles out material wealth based on how much you ask for or because you feel like you deserve it.  But it sure is a popular message.  Be nice!  Get money!  People can wrap their minds around that. 

On the one hand, it is hard to be negative about a message that tells everyone to be positive and be happy and treat everyone nicely (unless they are flight attendants, but whatever).  On the other hand, promising someone something good in a material way will happen if they only have this kind of faith does nothing but turn people off when that material miracle doesn't happen.

Same with Mormons.  I have heard it said before that it is hard to bash a religion that prohibits drinking and drugs and stimulants, encourages families to spend lots of time together, to live a good, clean, wholesome life, to go to church and be an example to others.  That is completely true.  But it's all that freaky deaky stuff that you find behind the scenes when you roll the rock over that makes this particular religion suspect. 

Many Protestants may be perceived as self-righteous and hypocritical, but anyone is welcome to attend a church service simply by walking through the front door.  No need for a membership card.  Anyone can hear the entire belief system of the church without wearing special underwear and going through special rituals.  It is the secrecy that sets Mormons and Scientologists apart from mainstream religions and causes others to be suspect of their motives and beliefs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2010, 04:33:30 PM »
  Anyone can hear the entire belief system of the church without wearing special underwear and going through special rituals. 

Let's be clear on this.   Only alter boys in Catholicism are required to wear special underwear.  Crotchless I believe. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2010, 05:32:37 PM »
Let's be clear on this.   Only alter boys in Catholicism are required to wear special underwear.  Crotchless I believe. 

Edible.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2010, 06:36:53 PM »

Point of clarification here.

The underwear is not crotchless when they arrive at church.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions