No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: The Squirming Begins...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 09:43:03 AM »
I saw a link with like 10 documents on it the other day, I can't remember where. But the documents were evidence being used against USC, such as internal e-mails from New Era Sports, etc. That was the first time I actually believed that USC might see some pretty harsh sanctions. Where the NCAA really lucked up here is, there is one party willing to give them anything they want, and that is New Era Sports. They have nothing to lose, and Bush burned them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jadennis

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 10:41:24 AM »
I saw a link with like 10 documents on it the other day, I can't remember where. But the documents were evidence being used against USC, such as internal e-mails from New Era Sports, etc. That was the first time I actually believed that USC might see some pretty harsh sanctions. Where the NCAA really lucked up here is, there is one party willing to give them anything they want, and that is New Era Sports. They have nothing to lose, and Bush burned them.

That's exactly right.  The NCAA has no legal authority to make anyone say anything.  Well, they can question school members (USC coaches, etc), but anyone like Bush or New Era or even Coach Carroll only provide info if they feel like it.  

What's crazy is that it's been like 3 years since those pictures of actual receipts of credit cards from New Era that were used to pay for hotels and meals for Bush in San Diego.  I'm sure all of that is being pulled out again too.

Seantrel Henderson may end up looking like a pretty smart guy.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:42:00 AM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 11:39:03 AM »
That's exactly right.  The NCAA has no legal authority to make anyone say anything.  Well, they can question school members (USC coaches, etc), but anyone like Bush or New Era or even Coach Carroll only provide info if they feel like it.  

What's crazy is that it's been like 3 years since those pictures of actual receipts of credit cards from New Era that were used to pay for hotels and meals for Bush in San Diego.  I'm sure all of that is being pulled out again too.

Seantrel Henderson may end up looking like a pretty smart guy.
They even have a copy of the mortgage on the house the Bush family was staying in, which was in the name of a New Era employee. This seems like a fairly open and shut case. If USC gets a slap on the wrist for this, the NCAA may as well go ahead and disband. They will set a precedent for future cases, and I don't think they want to open that can of worms. Maybe it's just me being an uninformed fan, but just from the few documents I saw online, it's a slam dunk. Add seven boxes of evidence in, and there has to be something juicy in there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »
If USC bammer gets a slap on the wrist for this, the NCAA may as well go ahead and disband. They will set a precedent for future cases, and I don't think they want to open that can of worms.

Man, with one change, this reads like a flashback... unfortunately, that precedent has already been set.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions