Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Are You Serious?

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Are You Serious?
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 11:33:25 PM »
Sorry for the multiple posts for one reply, but the whole issue with Reagan was something I failed to address.  Reagan made use of teleprompters very much.  He was a great orator, yes.  He was able to bring emotion into his speeches, yes.  But did he actually stray from the teleprompter?  I don't know; I wasn't there to see what the teleprompter stated and what he said.  Did he write his own speeches?  Possibly, but according to the odds, most presidents don't.  So were his words heartfelt, expressive of his own views, and not dictated by a teleprompter?  Possibly, possibly not.  All I know is that his "face to face" emotional speeches to America from his office were conducted with the aid of a teleprompter.  I can't definitively say that Reagan strayed from the prepared text to give his personal opinions anymore than I can say that Obama sticks strictly to the teleprompter in an attempt to hide his personal opinions.

One of the greatest speeches of all time....no teleprompters.....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 11:39:53 PM »

Because they weren't invented yet.

He's clearly reading from a thick stack of notecards.

He looks down at the podium every five seconds or so.

I hope you weren't serious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 11:47:34 PM »

OMG! He's frequently looking down at notecards and reading pre-planned notes and phrases!  TOTAL RELIANCE!

Just a little sarcasm.  Great speech and all, but it was in 1964, and teleprompters weren't used until the 80's.  I would almost be willing to bet that, based upon Reagan's later use of teleprompters, he would have had them if given the chance.  Not saying that anything is wrong with that, just pointing it out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 09:10:08 AM »
Because they weren't invented yet.

He's clearly reading from a thick stack of notecards.

He looks down at the podium every five seconds or so.

I hope you weren't serious.

I'm beginning to take Kaos seriously about you and your ideological reasoning. Did you ever take speech Chad? Seriously?

Notecards (or equivalent) are a norm for any speaker. I said nothing about notecards. The point here is that he was not that reliant on a freaking screen or ANYTHING else right in front of him - WORD FOR WORD -  like THE ONE is for everything that comes from his mouth. If you would actually watch that speech - notecards or not - you would see its a well written speech that HE wrote. I can guarantee you those notecards had the highlights, much like an outline. Obama couldnt wear Reagans jockstrap in regards to communicating true ideals and thoughts to the public. There is a huge difference. So yes - very serious.

Vandy Vol -  Reagan wrote most of his speeches or had tremendous input into them. Unlike The ONE who is pranced out in front of a teleprompter like the robot/puppet he is and told to read what is there. Ever seen what happens when it breaks?? He is lost. Its a joke. And that is not debatable - even though I think you will try to debate it since you know everything on earth.  JAD has debunked everything you've thrown at him on this thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 09:38:24 AM »
I'm beginning to take Kaos seriously about you and your ideological reasoning. Did you ever take speech Chad? Seriously?

Notecards (or equivalent) are a norm for any speaker. I said nothing about notecards. The point here is that he was not that reliant on a freaking screen or ANYTHING else right in front of him - WORD FOR WORD -  like THE ONE is for everything that comes from his mouth. If you would actually watch that speech - notecards or not - you would see its a well written speech that HE wrote. I can guarantee you those notecards had the highlights, much like an outline. Obama couldnt wear Reagans jockstrap in regards to communicating true ideals and thoughts to the public. There is a huge difference. So yes - very serious.
This has nothing to do with ideology.

You're talking about what a dumbass Obama is for using a teleprompter, and as a contrasting example, praise Reagan for not using one in this speech from 1964. Well no shit, I bet he didn't have an iPhone either.

He did, however, read his speech, it appeared, sentence by sentence from notecards.

How can you argue otherwise? He literally looks down at the podium more often than he has sentence breaks in that speech.

I'm sure he authored this one. But it wasn't extemporaneous. He wrote the entire thing down meticulously, and practically read from it.

Perhaps you misinterpreted his introduction, in which he states "the sponsor has been identified, but unlike most television programs, the performer hasn't been provided with a script. As a matter of fact, I have been permitted to choose my own words and discuss my own ideas regarding the choice that we face in the next few weeks."

He hasn't been given a script, i.e., in this rare occasion, the speech wasn't written for him. He wrote it himself. But he still read it.

Do you really believe Reagan spouted every speech he ever orated from the top of his head? Do you even think he wrote them all? If so, then who the hell is Peggy Noonan?

I'll give you a hint:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peggy_Noonan#Famous_speeches

Oh yeah, and he read those from a teleprompter.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 10:11:01 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 12:49:01 PM »
Vandy Vol -  Reagan wrote most of his speeches or had tremendous input into them. Unlike The ONE who is pranced out in front of a teleprompter like the robot/puppet he is and told to read what is there.

According to those around him, Obama spends a lot of time on his speeches and has tremendous input on them.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1837368,00.html

Ever seen what happens when it breaks?? He is lost. Its a joke. And that is not debatable - even though I think you will try to debate it since you know everything on earth.

I choose to respond to specific posts when I have an opinion on them, just as you obviously do.  That does not indicate that I think I know everything.  Having an opinion and voicing it is not a sign of self-proposed omnipotence, unless, of course, you're willing to say the same of yourself.  The last time I checked, you've been more than happy to chime in with your own opinions as well.

Nonetheless, here's your debate so you can get all butt sore that not everyone agrees with you all of the time. Go ahead and spout off how this must mean that I know everything.

Obama’s ability to speak cogently and in detail without notes was exemplified by his winning three presidential debates and slaying just about every press availability he got.  Writing two books – without a ghost-writer – along with some of the most significant speeches in the last 25 years is evidence of an ability to effectively communicate.  Does he have his moments of screw ups?  Sure; he's not an automaton.  Any time you're reading a speech and you lose your place or the teleprompter screws up, you're going to have those moments.  That by itself does not definitively prove that you didn't write the speech, nor does it mean that you can't speak effectively without a teleprompter.  It means that you were reading a text, and the text stopped.

And let's not act as if Reagan was the perfect speaker who never screwed up.  Toasting Princess Diana as "Princess David?"  Calling Margaret Thatcher the "best man in England?"  “Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do?”  Claiming that sulfur dioxide emitted from Mount St. Helens was greater than that emitted by cars over a 10-year period?  Reagan even praised P.W. Botha’s apartheid regime for ridding segregation in South Africa, a mountain of a blunder that Larry Speakes had to correct a few days later.  Maybe he should have stuck to the teleprompter a little more.  At least, he should have if we're going to expect perfection from our presidents' orations, which is apparently what you demand.

JAD has debunked everything you've thrown at him on this thread.

Debunked everything I've said in this thread?  His opening comment to me in his last post in this thread was:

Don't disagree with any of that, not at all.

Typically, when you debunk something, you don't agree with it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 02:44:55 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 03:35:45 PM »
Chad - My point is there is a distinct difference in Obama in front of a teleprompter like a robot hinging on every word (most of it not written by him) and the great orators of all time. Not even close. Churchill, Reagan, Kennedy - name one. All better than this clown. Its the manner in which he does it. Reagan was not an Ivy League writer. He conveyed the ideas and let people who were better at constructing the speech, sentences and words - do their thing. Like Sani said - it just eats me up when people go on and on about how he is such a great orator when to most people with half a brain, he is just a robot reading talking points verbatim.   :thumsup:

VV - Ok Mr Semantics. Lets put it another way - every time you guys have clashed, he's beaten your ass. That better? You miss the main point most of the time and veer off on a tangent ==>  i.e.- the demographic argument last week. JA (as did I) said it was the "difference". You countered by going on and on about how it made up only XX% of the electorate. This is an example of us agreeing with your statement. But you still missed the point and did not win the argument. You merely pointed out other true statements that we didn't disagree with that really had nothing to do with our original point.  Please tell me this makes sense to you.    And as for the TIME article - ummm shyeaah - what do you expect TIME magazine to write about their messiah?  If you guys are going to call out Fox News for leaning a little to the right, then certainly I would expect you to admit that TIME, CNN and MSNBC lean HEAVILY to the LEFT - and for the last 50 years.

Ive never understood why people get so mad about Fox. Theyve been around for 10 years and lean a little to the right, but are more objective than just about any news source.

You have CNN, ABC, NY Times, CBS, NBC, TIME - who have all been to the hard LEFT for half of a century but thats ok. Makes no sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 03:52:18 PM »
Chad - My point is there is a distinct difference in Obama in front of a teleprompter like a robot hinging on every word (most of it not written by him) and the great orators of all time. Not even close. Churchill, Reagan, Kennedy - name one. All better than this clown. Its the manner in which he does it. Reagan was not an Ivy League writer. He conveyed the ideas and let people who were better at constructing the speech, sentences and words - do their thing. Like Sani said - it just eats me up when people go on and on about how he is such a great orator when to most people with half a brain, he is just a robot reading talking points verbatim.   :thumsup:

VV - Ok Mr Semantics. Lets put it another way - every time you guys have clashed, he's beaten your ass. That better? You miss the main point most of the time and veer off on a tangent ==>  i.e.- the demographic argument last week. JA (as did I) said it was the "difference". You countered by going on and on about how it made up only XX% of the electorate. This is an example of us agreeing with your statement. But you still missed the point and did not win the argument. You merely pointed out other true statements that we didn't disagree with that really had nothing to do with our original point.  Please tell me this makes sense to you.    And as for the TIME article - ummm shyeaah - what do you expect TIME magazine to write about their messiah?  If you guys are going to call out Fox News for leaning a little to the right, then certainly I would expect you to admit that TIME, CNN and MSNBC lean HEAVILY to the LEFT - and for the last 50 years.

Ive never understood why people get so mad about Fox. Theyve been around for 10 years and lean a little to the right, but are more objective than just about any news source.

You have CNN, ABC, NY Times, CBS, NBC, TIME - who have all been to the hard LEFT for half of a century but thats ok. Makes no sense.
Actually, the only difference is you don't like him (Obama).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 04:22:14 PM »
Actually, the only difference is you don't like him (Obama).

And if you do, then you are a foolish man.

Palin should just explain to anyone that takes issue with this that her budget is not as big as the Kenyan Jesus' and therefore she had to create her own "teleprompter".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 04:22:29 PM »
If you guys are going to call out Fox News for leaning a little to the right, then certainly I would expect you to admit that TIME, CNN and MSNBC lean HEAVILY to the LEFT - and for the last 50 years.

This is yet another statement from you where I can only say:

Really?

Those outlets you mentioned (I can maybe possibly understand MSNBC because of Maddow & Olberman, but they also have Scarborough and Buchanan to counter that) are HARD to the left, but Fox News only slightly leans to the right?

Are you being serious?

I know you think I'm some commie pinko hippie, but I don't have a dog in this fight. If I did, I tend to side with Republicans. I've never voted for a Democrat in my life. Only Republican and Libertarian.

Fox News is extremely biased. Much moreso than any of the other outlets you mentioned lean to the left.

I mean, even they readily admit it now. It's like the the WWE admitting it's fake now. The debate is over.

Now if you said The Huffington Post, or something like that, you'd have a case.

Claiming it's the other way around, as you did, is exactly like bammers saying the Birmingham News is biased against Alabama (which they have been doing recently).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:28:14 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 04:36:44 PM »

Fox News is extremely biased. Much moreso than any of the other outlets you mentioned lean to the left.

If that is the case, then why is it that every study in the last 4 years has shown Fox to the slightly to the right.

Extremely? Really?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Vandy Vol

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 04:41:57 PM »
VV - Ok Mr Semantics.

I love how everyone assumes that someone is resorting to semantics when they point out what was plainly stated in a post.  It appears to be some sort of default defense that many people resort to when they've realized they've misspoken.  To set the record straight, semantics deals with the meanings of words, and in particular how those meanings change over time, as well as how they can be viewed by different people.

I never pointed to anything in your post and attempted to supplant a different definition than what was plainly there.  You clearly stated that jadennis had debunked everything that I've thrown at him "on this thread."  Maybe you meant the forum in general, but you specifically referred to this thread only.  Don't attempt to scold me for playing semantics games when it was your own misstatement.

Lets put it another way - every time you guys have clashed, he's beaten your ass. That better? You miss the main point most of the time and veer off on a tangent ==>  i.e.- the demographic argument last week. JA (as did I) said it was the "difference".

Both he and you missed my point.  I began the conversation regarding the youth vote on that thread, and Tarheel followed up with his input.  Tarheel's initial post was a direct contradiction of my own statement's when he claimed that the youth was not outvoted in the 2008 election.  I showed that this was untrue, as there were more votes from other generations than from the youth.  It was then you, in response to our debate, who stated that the youth elected "these idiots in DC."  This implied, and your subsequent posts explicitly affirmed, that you viewed the youth as the reason as to why Obama won.  You even went as far as to make incorrect statements, such as: "The only difference in this election from the last is the increase of voters between 18-29."  You completely ignored my explanation of how other generations also had a change in voting pattern which resulted in more votes for Obama; the youth's change in voting patterns was not the only difference.

You can't state that the youth was the one and only difference because of their change in voting patterns when other age groups also experienced a change in voting patterns that favored Obama.  You especially can't exclaim that this change amongst the youth was the reason for a Democrat's victory when Obama would have won even if the youth voted as they did in 2004 (jadennis's point, not mine).  Jadennis picked up on this at the later stages of our discussion, because he then changed his language to include adjectives that were not mentioned in his previous posts.  He was no longer stating that it was the difference, but rather the biggest, most drastic, and larger of the differences.  That is more accurate, and I acknowledged as much.

Oh, and let's not forget that in that thread, jadennis also admitted that he was not arguing against my statements, and that my statements were true:

By the way, I'm not arguing against your points, they are all valid in the sense that you're making them.   And while what you're saying is (still) true, you still seem to not be grasping the point.  Well, you kind of are grasping it, but not realizing it maybe...

And:

I think you (Vandy Vol) and Tarheel are both right in your assessments, it's just a matter of what is being focused on.

If you really felt the irresistible desire to inform me of exactly how bad my ass is getting beaten by other people on an internet forum, then you could have at least picked out someone who doesn't consistently agree with me.

And as for the TIME article - ummm shyeaah - what do you expect TIME magazine to write about their messiah?

The same thing that I expect Republicans to speak about their messiah.  You know, things concerning him being the best orator ever and never screwing up a speech or lying to the American public.  Good thing Reagan never misspoke and that the Iran-Contra affair was fictitious...oh wait...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2010, 05:35:48 PM »
If that is the case, then why is it that every study in the last 4 years has shown Fox to the slightly to the right.

Extremely? Really?
Link?

I'd love to see this study that shows Fox News is only slightly to the right, while every single other media outlet outside of Republican journals leans extremely to the left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 07:09:57 PM »
Link?

I'd love to see this study that shows Fox News is only slightly to the right, while every single other media outlet outside of Republican journals leans extremely to the left.
www.foxnews.com

Whatever dude, it was a foxnews poll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2010, 09:53:47 AM »
During the Bush presidency, Fox continually stayed on Bush for many things, while all the others stayed on Bush for EVERYTHING. And they were considered slightly right. Now they are staying on the same things but rightfully adding more criticism to the idiot issues of the ONE, and they are considered "extremely" right?

It looks like to me that they are slightly right but call it the same according to who is in office. If they were an extremely right news outlet, they would have hailed GWB as the next coming of Jes.....
Oh wait. That is what the slightly left media are doing now. Hmmm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2010, 01:00:27 PM »
Voters See All Networks with Bias

More Voices, Less Credibility

Cable TV: Content Analysis

These links show a variety of things.  The first shows that CBS is considered by those surveyed as the most biased, with Fox News coming in second.  The other networks are noticeably behind.

The second shows that more Republicans watch Fox News, and that more Democrats watch CNN.  Oddly enough, however, although there are more Democrats that watch CNN than Republicans, the Republicans surveyed watch CNN almost as much as they do Fox News.  The other networks have a relatively even distribution.  There is actually a variety of statistics in this study, but the conclusions are telling:

"The core audiences for several news and opinion outlets such as The O’Reilly Factor and Rush Limbaugh’s show are increasingly dominated by conservatives. But the audiences for many other major news organizations remain fairly balanced ideologically . . ."

"In addition, the regular CNN audience does not stand out ideologically, although it is somewhat more Democratic than in the past."

The third link is probably the most informational.  Its study showed that CNN tended to air more points of view in its stories than others, and its reporters rarely offered their own opinions.  Nearly seven out of ten of Fox News stories (68%) included personal opinions from Fox's reporters.  Just 4% of CNN segments included journalistic opinion, and 27% on MSNBC.

Fox journalists were even more prone to offer their own opinions in the channel's coverage of the war in Iraq:  73% of the stories included such personal judgments.  On CNN the figure was 2%, and on MSNBC, 29%.  The same was true in coverage of the Presidential election, where 82% of Fox stories included journalist opinions, compared to 7% on CNN and 27% on MSNBC.

When it came to the war, Fox again looked different from the others by being distinctly more positive than negative.  Fully 38% of Fox segments were overwhelmingly positive in tone, more than double the 14% of segments that were negative. Still, stories were as likely to be neutral as positive (39%) and another 9% were multi-subject stories for which tone did not apply.

On CNN, in contrast, 41% of stories were neutral in tone on the 20 days studied, and positive and negative stories were almost equally likely -- 20% positive, 23% negative. Some 15% were multi-faceted and not coded for tone.  MSNBC's stories about the war were most likely to include several issues or subjects, so that no one area could be coded for tone. Fully four in ten stories were of this nature. Otherwise, the network's coverage, like CNN's, was more neutral (28%) with positive and negative stories almost equally prevalent, (16% positive and 17% negative).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 01:02:17 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2010, 02:25:32 PM »
Voters See All Networks with Bias

More Voices, Less Credibility

Cable TV: Content Analysis

These links show a variety of things.  The first shows that CBS is considered by those surveyed as the most biased, with Fox News coming in second.  The other networks are noticeably behind.

The second shows that more Republicans watch Fox News, and that more Democrats watch CNN.  Oddly enough, however, although there are more Democrats that watch CNN than Republicans, the Republicans surveyed watch CNN almost as much as they do Fox News.  The other networks have a relatively even distribution.  There is actually a variety of statistics in this study, but the conclusions are telling:

"The core audiences for several news and opinion outlets such as The O’Reilly Factor and Rush Limbaugh’s show are increasingly dominated by conservatives. But the audiences for many other major news organizations remain fairly balanced ideologically . . ."

"In addition, the regular CNN audience does not stand out ideologically, although it is somewhat more Democratic than in the past."

The third link is probably the most informational.  Its study showed that CNN tended to air more points of view in its stories than others, and its reporters rarely offered their own opinions.  Nearly seven out of ten of Fox News stories (68%) included personal opinions from Fox's reporters.  Just 4% of CNN segments included journalistic opinion, and 27% on MSNBC.

Fox journalists were even more prone to offer their own opinions in the channel's coverage of the war in Iraq:  73% of the stories included such personal judgments.  On CNN the figure was 2%, and on MSNBC, 29%.  The same was true in coverage of the Presidential election, where 82% of Fox stories included journalist opinions, compared to 7% on CNN and 27% on MSNBC.

When it came to the war, Fox again looked different from the others by being distinctly more positive than negative.  Fully 38% of Fox segments were overwhelmingly positive in tone, more than double the 14% of segments that were negative. Still, stories were as likely to be neutral as positive (39%) and another 9% were multi-subject stories for which tone did not apply.

On CNN, in contrast, 41% of stories were neutral in tone on the 20 days studied, and positive and negative stories were almost equally likely -- 20% positive, 23% negative. Some 15% were multi-faceted and not coded for tone.  MSNBC's stories about the war were most likely to include several issues or subjects, so that no one area could be coded for tone. Fully four in ten stories were of this nature. Otherwise, the network's coverage, like CNN's, was more neutral (28%) with positive and negative stories almost equally prevalent, (16% positive and 17% negative).
Notice too that those articles you supplied were from 2004-2005.

It may be due to my own ideological shift from that time, but I see Fox being way more guilty of this now than they were back then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2010, 03:01:33 PM »
Wow...  You guys are still talking about this.  Amazing...   

And, Fox is more biased than ABC, NBC, CNN and <fill in the blank>?  Again, WOW... 

It looks like the Democrats are winning again.  They seem to have pulled your focus from the key issues to only redirect you towards the rat turds.  Don't ask, don't tell...  Sarah Palin's crib notes...  And, I bet some of you believe that this "Health Care Summit" is an actual bipartisan debate... 

Some people are sheep, while others are lemmings...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2010, 03:08:36 PM »

And, Fox is more biased than ABC, NBC, CNN and <fill in the blank>?  Again, WOW... 

It looks like the Democrats are winning again.  They seem to have pulled your focus from the key issues to only redirect you towards the rat turds.  Don't ask, don't tell...  Sarah Palin's crib notes...  And, I bet some of you believe that this "Health Care Summit" is an actual bipartisan debate... 

Some people are sheep, while others are lemmings...

Yeah, another example of how ONLY Fox News isn't biased. Only THEY tell you the truth that the Health Care Summit is a dirty trap instead of a bi-partisan debate.

Please enlighten me, how is it NOT a bi-partisan debate?

Are there not equal parts Republicans and Democrats there? Do they not get equal time to speak?

It's on right now. Watch it for yourself. Don't watch it on biased CNN though! They are showing it uncut without "fair and balanced" interpretations interlaced.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2010, 03:56:38 PM »

Kind of like how Republicans attempted to redirect people by making a fuss about teleprompters, the half-hour delay of the a World Series baseball game because of Obama's advertisement, or the fact that the current administration Mirandized a terrorist in FBI custody when the Bush administration did the same for Richard Reid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions