Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Poor Jarhead...

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Poor Jarhead...
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 12:32:28 PM »
Carps good, but he's not the 2006 version anymore.  If he wins 15 games this year, I'd be shocked.

I'm updating my NL-Central predictions
1) Cubs
2) Reds
3) Cards
4) Brewers
5) Houston
6) Pirates

Thanks for that...I really needed a laugh this morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 01:40:11 PM »
Wait till next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 01:37:28 PM »
I thought it was hilarious as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 07:14:27 PM »
I thought it was hilarious as well.

You shut up, Knockahoma!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 07:47:14 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Aubie16

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 08:22:33 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 03:01:56 PM »
This shit is getting comical now.

Carpenter, Boggs Injured

An already trying spring for the Cardinals took another distressing turn on Tuesday when former two pitchers were removed from the team's Grapefruit League game against the Marlins due to injuries.

Former Cy Young winner Chris Carpenter was pulled in the third inning due to a strained left hamstring, while reliever Mitchell Boggs came out an inning later with a lower back strain.

Carpenter had breezed through 2 2/3 innings with scarcely a hiccup before he walked Marlins outfielder Chris Coghlan. After the final pitch of Coghlan's plate appearance, Carpenter walked off the mound and head athletic trainer Greg Hauck came out to check on him. With virtually no delay, Carpenter headed for the dugout.

Boggs came in to replace Carpenter and received an extended warm-up time because of the injury. Boggs struck out Donnie Murphy to end the inning. Carpenter was tended to in the dugout for the remainder of the inning, then left for the Cardinals' clubhouse with Hauck.

With one out in the fourth and an 0-2 count to John Buck, Boggs pulled up in distress, reaching for his lower back. He was also removed without throwing another pitch, replaced by left-hander Brian Tallet.

Already this spring, the Cardinals have lost co-ace Adam Wainwright to season-ending elbow injury and infielder Nick Punto for 2-3 months due to a sports hernia. Drew Baur, one of the central members of the team's ownership group, passed away on Feb. 20.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 04:01:04 PM »
Astros win!!  Astros win!!!

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 04:06:54 PM »
Usually this shit doesn't happen to Chicago until June.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/03/cubs-scuffle-in-dugout-after-6-run-first.html

Cubs scuffle in dugout after 6-run first
March 2, 2011 2:33 PM | 1 Comment

By Paul Sullivan

MARYVALE, Ariz.- A dugout scuffle occurred Wednesday after the Cubs gave up six first inning runs in an exhibition game vs. Milwaukee.

The fight was quickly broken up by players and coaches, and order was restored. Carlos Silva appeared to be involved, but that hasn't been confirmed. Silva watched the Cubs commtt three errors, and served up two home runs in the six-run first.

Silva was out of the inning with a double play grounder, trailing 4-0, but a catchers interference call on Koyie Hill prolonged it, and have gave up two more runs. Silva was angry coming into the dugout, and apparently some words were exchanged with someone else in the dugout. Players scrambled to break it up, and Silva was removed from the game the next inning.

He was walked to the clubhouse by strength coach Tim Buss after the top half of the third.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
Sweet...looks like Silva will be taking over for Zambrano!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 05:52:44 PM »
Holy shit, there is a certain AL East team that has won all three spring games so far.................don't you bastards crush my hope and tell me it's just spring training, I know this already, just let me be happy for a day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 01:07:36 PM »
HEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey TW!

Jason Castro has surgery for torn ACL

KISSIMMEE, Fla. -- Houston Astros catcher Jason Castro will be sidelined for most or all of the season following surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

Castro, who earned the Astros' regular catching job as a 22-year-old rookie last season, was injured Wednesday while trying to avoid a tag by Detroit Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera in Lakeland. It was Castro's second game of spring training.

The original diagnosis was a sprain, but an MRI revealed a tear in Castro's right meniscus. The torn ACL was discovered late Thursday and he was operated on Friday. The typical recovery time is six months.

"He might be able to come back at some point in September, but he's such a valuable person, such a valuable player, you don't want to rush a guy like that," manager Brad Mills said. "Let him take his time. Let him get stronger. He's going to be fine. As I told Jason, he was going to have a great year this year. Now, he's going to have a great year next year."

Houston was left with five catchers in camp, but only Humberto Quintero and J.R. Towles are on the 40-man roster.

"We've talked about all kinds of things," Mills said, "but right now we've got these five guys in camp and they're going to work and everything is going to be considered."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2011/news/story?id=6181315

:poke:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 01:29:59 PM »
Al that means to me is that instead of three players on the roster that I recognize by name, there are now two.

Sucks for JC but considering my expectations for this season are exactly nil, meh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions