Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Staff Raises

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Staff Raises
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2010, 12:44:13 AM »
So, Chizad puts down Tebow at every turn?

With all due respect...Tebow is not Jesus. On the other hand, do you really know the Tebow testimony? If you don't, well you need to shut the phuk up and listen. My wife went to a local Church here recently to listen to Tim Tebow's mom speak. Very, very intriguing story to say the least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2010, 05:33:22 PM »
With all due respect...Tebow is not Jesus.
BLASPHEMY!!!! BLASPHEMY!!!!BLASPHEMY!!!! BLASPHEMY!!!!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:34:53 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2010, 07:16:10 PM »
With all due respect...Tebow is not Jesus. On the other hand, do you really know the Tebow testimony? If you don't, well you need to shut the phuk up and listen. My wife went to a local Church here recently to listen to Tim Tebow's mom speak. Very, very intriguing story to say the least.

I don't mean to step into another political/religious discussion, but you probably aren't going to change anyone's mind about Christianity by telling them to shut the **** up.  And I don't mean that in a smart*** way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2010, 07:38:11 PM »
My wife went to a local Church here recently to listen to Tim Tebow's mom speak. Very, very intriguing story to say the least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2010, 09:29:32 PM »
I don't mean to step into another political/religious discussion, but you probably aren't going to change anyone's mind about Christianity by telling them to shut the **** up.  And I don't mean that in a smart*** way.

Not trying to change anyones mind, and the comment was a friendly shut the **** up. I thought this was grown up world.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2010, 09:32:22 PM »

That tactic actually works if you're a devout Christian. 

(Cue Wes)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2010, 10:31:35 PM »
Not trying to change anyones mind, and the comment was a friendly shut the **** up. I thought this was grown up world.

Planting the seed is the goal.  Although people sometimes do need to shut the **** up, it is not the job of the Christian to tell them to do so. 

And I'm not sure what the "grown up world" is about, so I have no comment regarding that matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2010, 11:01:08 PM »
Planting the seed is the goal.  Although people sometimes do need to shut the **** up, it is not the job of the Christian to tell them to do so.

I agree
And I'm not sure what the "grown up world" is about, so I have no comment regarding that matter.
Comment means that I am sure I didn't hurt Prowlers or anyone else's feelings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2010, 07:33:43 PM »

It's upper echelon, no doubt, but not out of this world. Not Monte Kiffin's 1.2 mil last year. But he's certainly one of the most coveted OC in the conference, if not the most. It will take that kind of money to draw him away from the mil plus to be a HC somewhere.

This is where you lose me. 

Other than Finebaum's attempt to derail recruiting by floating a Louisiana Tech rumor, what coveting is there? 

It's my estimation -- and in talking to people in the business -- most of the SEC (as well as the other major conferences) are not nearly as sold on Malzahn as some of you are.  There are still questions, there's still the often quoted "just a few years out of high school" line and there's still a sense that he's got a little charlatan in him -- that his "scheme" won't work here, there or anywhere in the long term.  Is some (maybe a lot) of that misguided?  Probably. 

But to say "most coveted" is simply not true.  Maybe to you but you dont' count.
Too bad dipshit's not around for me to rub this in his face...

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-05-18/sn10-best-offensive-coordinators-college-football
Tuesday, May. 18, 2010 - 2:50 p.m. ET

Sporting News college football columnist Matt Hayes offers his 10 best for a specific topic each week. This week's top 10: offensive coordinators.

1. Gus Malzahn, Auburn. Here's what makes this ranking even more remarkable: In four previous seasons as a Division I assistant coach, Malzahn used quarterbacks running his system for the first time (Chris Todd at Auburn, Paul Smith and David Johnson at Tulsa) and one playing as a true freshman (Mitch Mustain at Arkansas). Junior college transfer Cameron Newton makes it 5-for-5 this fall at Auburn. The previous four quarterbacks combined to throw 125 touchdown passes.
Boise State OC Bryan Harsin is likely to land a head-coaching job next offseason.
Boise State OC Bryan Harsin is likely to land a head-coaching job next offseason.

2. Bryan Harsin, Boise State. Seems like a natural progression for Boise State offensive coordinators: Dan Hawkins replaced Dirk Koetter as head coach when Koetter left; Chris Petersen replaced Hawkins when Hawkins left. But Harsin, maybe the most talented of the bunch, likely won't continue the trend. Petersen isn't going anywhere, but Harsin—whose scoring offenses have been ranked first, 20th, fourth and second in the nation in his four seasons—will be a hot coaching candidate this winter.

3. Norm Chow, UCLA. Forget about UCLA's struggles the past two seasons; much of that was inexperienced personnel, poor protection and limited difference-makers on the outside. Coach Rick Neuheisel has upgraded the talent in Westwood, and if QB Kevin Prince plays with confidence, Chow, the game's best play-caller, will get it rolling again.

4. Kevin Wilson, Oklahoma. It's hard to argue with the abundance of college stars produced by Sooners offenses over the years. The addition of the no-huddle two years ago made OU more difficult to defend, and now other teams have sent coaches to Norman to figure out the specifics of it all.

5. Mark Whipple, Miami. Returned Miami to its roots with a balanced and aggressive pro-style scheme. When the Canes had it rolling, the offense was downhill running and play-action passing. He does a terrific job with multiple formations and deception.

6. Frank Cignetti Jr., Pitt. His reclamation of quarterback Bill Stull last season was remarkable, and his grooming of Tino Sunseri will pay off this fall. His offense is influenced by numerous stops, including his days as an NFL assistant, his time in the high-flying WAC at Fresno State and his season under Cal coach Jeff Tedford, one of the game's best offensive minds.

7. Dana Holgorsen, Oklahoma State. Another in a long line of former Mike Leach assistants who have taken the original Hal Mumme offense and continued to build on the concept of short throws, multiple formations and multiple-option routes for receivers.

8. Robert Anae, BYU. Like Holgorsen, Anae spent time under Leach at Texas Tech (2000-04) but has added more run-based sets to the passing system. Doesn't get nearly enough credit for the success of BYU under coach Bronco Mendenhall.

9. Jim McElwain, Alabama. Very little is heard about McElwain because of coach Nick Saban's "one voice" policy from the coaching staff. But make no mistake, McElwain has been a critical factor in the quick turnaround under Saban. His game plan against Florida in last year's SEC championship game—dismantling the nation's best defense—was a thing of beauty.

10. Galen Hall, Penn State. Yoda in the skybox. He'll be 70 this August, and Hall hasn't lost a thing when it comes to finding flaws and exposing weaknesses in defenses. It's not like he's had star quality of late at the most important position on the field, yet Penn State continues to have to most balanced offense in the Big Ten.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions