Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

More News On The Old People's War On Fun In Alabama...

Token

Re: More News On The Old People's War On Fun In Alabama...
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2010, 05:57:10 PM »

This guy says free the hops, Alabama.

This guy agrees and hates living in the bible belt.

This guy?  Well, it would go against the only rule on this forum to paste his exact words regarding the Alabama alcohol rules, but suffice it to say he wants more %.

He doesn't really follow all the laws, he just agrees that more beer is a good thing.

I refused to read his comments on this subject.

FWIW, apparently there's a social network group for this rally also.  These guys are leading the charge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2010, 06:04:13 PM »

This guy?  Well, it would go against the only rule on this forum to paste his exact words regarding the Alabama alcohol rules, but suffice it to say he wants more %.

He doesn't really follow all the laws, he just agrees that more beer is a good thing.

FWIW, apparently there's a social network group for this rally also.  These guys are leading the charge.
Coincidentally, these pictures were all taken in Tuscaloosa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Token

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2010, 06:23:52 PM »
You're missing the bigger picture.  For years we've been denied the rights to an NFL franchise on the grounds that AU and UA fans couldn't come together for a common goal. 

We should be celebrating.  With a 6%, 16 ounce canned beverage. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »
You're missing the bigger picture.  For years we've been denied the rights to an NFL franchise on the grounds that AU and UA fans couldn't come together for a common goal. 

Hear hear! Strike up the indie band and pop a top!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2010, 06:30:23 PM »
So then people should only have two drinks and be cut off? 

BTW, you don't have to drink copious amounts to become an alcoholic.  The consumption of copious amounts is one symptom, but it is not the standard.

You missed what I stated.  Unlike other drugs which get you addicted after only a few tries, alcohol is not physically addictive.  So no, nobody would have to be cut off after X number of drinks.  You have to drink large enough quantities consistently over a period of time before your body becomes addicted to it to the point that you've developed a physical dependency.

The body attempts to maintain homeostasis.  Introduce a foreign chemical into your body and it adjusts to attempt to maintain homeostasis.  Some foreign chemicals immediately bond to receptors in the brain and create an immediate physical dependency.  For those chemicals that don't do this, such as alcohol, physical dependency requires a psychological addiction.  Why?  Because it is only through repetitive introduction of these chemicals that the body eventually recognizes the chemical as "normal" and attempts to maintain homeostasis with that chemical, instead of trying to get rid of it.

Physically addictive drugs cause an immediate need for more.  Psychologically addictive substances result in physical dependency and physical symptoms after the psychological addiction results in consistent use in substantial quantities.  This is how people get psychological addictions to salt, caffeine and sugar.  In regular amounts, these are acceptable portions of your daily diet.  If you develop a psychological addiction to them, however, and consistently eat more than you should, your body's homeostasis is out of whack.  Eventually, your body attempts to compensate by working that level of chemicals into your homeostasis, which results in a physical dependency that causes physical withdrawal symptoms if you attempt to quit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2010, 06:46:11 PM »

Only the best, Nattie Ice right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Token

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2010, 06:52:29 PM »
Only the best, Nattie Ice right?

I'm a Milwaukee kinda guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2010, 10:35:02 PM »
The only foreign substances that the human brain has receptors to cause a physical addiction are nicotin and heroin.  There is no receptor in the brain to cause a physical addiction to alcohol, cocaine, or marijuana, or any other drug.  The whole "alcoholism is a disease" movement was a way to victimize the people that abused this substance to where they were no longer responsible productive members of society. Some liberals didn't want people to face their own consequences, so they made up the fact that alcohol is addictive and a disease.  The whole withdrawal argument is worthless.  You can have withdrawals from anything that has become a daily routine in your life, it doesn't mean you're physically addicted to it.  After my eligibility ran out in football I went through withdrawals and wouldn't get out of bed because something that I had been doing for 16 years of my life was not there anymore and I didn't know how to function without having my day planned out for me by a coach.  It's not that you're addicted to it, but it's more of something that made you happy that has been a part of your lifestyle that it is hard to break away from.  Alcoholics think that they need it to make them happy.  Alcohol dependency is that the people who abuse it have deeper issues and need to change their work or home life instead of trying to escape from it by getting drunk everyday, not because they're addicted to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2010, 10:45:21 PM »
The only foreign substances that the human brain has receptors to cause a physical addiction are nicotin and heroin.  There is no receptor in the brain to cause a physical addiction to alcohol, cocaine, or marijuana, or any other drug.  The whole "alcoholism is a disease" movement was a way to victimize the people that abused this substance to where they were no longer responsible productive members of society. Some liberals didn't want people to face their own consequences, so they made up the fact that alcohol is addictive and a disease.  The whole withdrawal argument is worthless.  You can have withdrawals from anything that has become a daily routine in your life, it doesn't mean you're physically addicted to it.  After my eligibility ran out in football I went through withdrawals and wouldn't get out of bed because something that I had been doing for 16 years of my life was not there anymore and I didn't know how to function without having my day planned out for me by a coach.  It's not that you're addicted to it, but it's more of something that made you happy that has been a part of your lifestyle that it is hard to break away from.  Alcoholics think that they need it to make them happy.  Alcohol dependency is that the people who abuse it have deeper issues and need to change their work or home life instead of trying to escape from it by getting drunk everyday, not because they're addicted to it.

This is shockingly uninformed.  I rarely used the word "stupid" seriously, but I'm considering it now.

Wow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »

This is shockingly uninformed.  I rarely used the word "stupid" seriously, but I'm considering it now.

Wow.

I can mail you my molecular biology and genetic textbooks if you want me to. Alcoholism is due to external environmental factors, nothing internal about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2010, 05:56:58 AM »
I am not lying to you.  The basic argument against said bill was that 1. Drinking Alcohol is a vice and 2. What's wrong with the beer we have now?

Which boils down to the real agenda, Alabama was paid a shit ton by the big distributors, I.e. Anheuser Busch, Coors, etc... to keep it like it was.  Therefore, they could have a somewhat monopoly. 
Bingo, sounds like the gambling issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2010, 09:31:55 AM »
Textbooks are overrated. Most of them have fallacies anyway.....mainly History Books (see the Great Depression).

But I agree with you iwannaplay. While the effects and harm from it are physical, the dependence itself is mental (psychological).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2010, 09:46:41 AM »
Alcoholism-as-disease proved to be an attractive model for the new self help culture. "Almost by definition, disease is caused by agents or forces largely beyond the control of an individual." Mr Sykes Writes. "If someone who drinks excessively is sick, then the notion of personal or moral responsibility becomes highly problematic. "With the notion of "co-dependency", an alcoholics friends and family could also be victims. And eventually the problem of fetal alcohol syndrome emerged as a line of defense to absolve murderers of responsibility for their actions because mom had caught the whiskey virus decades earlier.

- Quote from the Article "Everyones a Victim, No One's Responsible"
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:47:29 AM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2010, 10:22:12 AM »

This guy?  Well, it would go against the only rule on this forum to paste his exact words regarding the Alabama alcohol rules, but suffice it to say he wants more %.

FWIW, apparently there's a social network group for this rally also.  These guys are leading the charge.
Funny how amongst all those cans, the highest quality beer presented is Bud Light.

I know you're just trolling, but it's painfully obvious that these people could give a shit about bringing in high quality beers to Alabama.

And as to your sarcastic comment about how these guys have a facebook group? They are leading the charge. Their first initiative already passed. This one is well on its way to doing so as well.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:24:30 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2010, 10:46:13 AM »
Funny how amongst all those cans, the highest quality beer presented is Bud Light.

I know you're just trolling, but it's painfully obvious that these people could give a poop about bringing in high quality beers to Alabama.

And as to your sarcastic comment about how these guys have a facebook group? They are leading the charge. Their first initiative already passed. This one is well on its way to doing so as well.

It would not bother me a bit to have more microbrews in the state. Just want to make that clear with you.

I never drink Bud, Natty or any of that other crap. If Im gonna go with a US beer, its got to be Yuengling or Rolling Rock. I prefer a lot of the Pilsner Style Lagers from Europe - St. Pauli is one I like a lot or Spaten. Not real big on the Belgian Wheat thing. Guinness is always good as is Smithwicks (Red Ale) or Killians (technically not made in Ireland anymore, but by Coors in Colorado). Hell I even like Miller Lite 'ok'. It at least has that good pilsner taste. Bud is crap. The shit is made from rice for Christ's sake.... :bc:

So - yeah, Ive went and done it. Now lets talk about your favorite Beer and turn this thread toward a good ending. :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2010, 11:02:18 AM »
It would not bother me a bit to have more microbrews in the state. Just want to make that clear with you.

I never drink Bud, Natty or any of that other crap. If Im gonna go with a US beer, its got to be Yuengling or Rolling Rock. I prefer a lot of the Pilsner Style Lagers from Europe - St. Pauli is one I like a lot or Spaten. Not real big on the Belgian Wheat thing. Guinness is always good as is Smithwicks (Red Ale) or Killians (technically not made in Ireland anymore, but by Coors in Colorado). Hell I even like Miller Lite 'ok'. It at least has that good pilsner taste. Bud is crap. The shit is made from rice for Christ's sake.... :bc:

So - yeah, Ive went and done it. Now lets talk about your favorite Beer and turn this thread toward a good ending. :)
Best bargain goes to Tommyknocker Iperial Stout. You can get a sixer for around $5.

I like pretty much anything Rogue brews. Dead Guy is my favorite.

Can't go wrong with pretty much anything Sam Adams brews. I usually prefer their seasonal brew no matter what time of year it is.

Left Hand makes some good stuff. I like their Imperial Stout as well. That's probably my favorite category of beer.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2010, 11:17:55 AM »
**sigh**  If you can't keep 'em on topic, might as well join the hijack.   :bar:

Can you guys get Abita in Alabama?  Carl's hands down favorite, all except Purple Haze (which is a raspberry flavored beer... yeeck).  

He also likes Fat Tire, Dixie Blackened Voodoo, St. Arnold's (a Houston local beer distributed in TX), Anchor Steam, St. Pauli's and then most brew pub ales.  His preference is for a darker ale, it seems, and the occasional porter.  If pressed, with no other choices, he will drink a Heiniken.

I personally think all beer tastes like horse urine, so I have no specific favorites myself.  I just buy what I know the man likes.  It works out well for us - I don't drink his beer and he doesn't drink my wine.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:18:42 AM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2010, 11:27:33 AM »
**sigh**  If you can't keep 'em on topic, might as well join the hijack.   :bar:

Can you guys get Abita in Alabama?  Carl's hands down favorite, all except Purple Haze (which is a raspberry flavored beer... yeeck).  

He also likes Fat Tire, Dixie Blackened Voodoo, St. Arnold's (a Houston local beer distributed in TX), Anchor Steam, St. Pauli's and then most brew pub ales.  His preference is for a darker ale, it seems, and the occasional porter.  If pressed, with no other choices, he will drink a Heiniken.

I personally think all beer tastes like horse urine, so I have no specific favorites myself.  I just buy what I know the man likes.  It works out well for us - I don't drink his beer and he doesn't drink my wine.
Yeah, we get Abita. Andy Gator is my favorite.

For Christmas my girlfriend's brother (they're from New Orleans), got me an Abbey Ale. This is one of those beers I was talking about that only comes in 22oz bottles. It's been sitting on my shelf in my man room (next to a bottle I decided to save from my 6 pack of Monty Python's Holy GrAle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2010, 11:30:54 AM »

Well - the bickering had gotten stale and neither side was gonna cave so why not talk about he fun stuff in relation to all this? LOL

I have seen Abita at Kroger in Tigertown (in Opelika in case you havent been to Auburn the last 4 years). Agree on Purple Haze - nasty azzed shit. I think they still have it on tap at the Mushroom.

I always heard that Heineken was brewed using some form of Formaldehyde. Not sure if it was true or not, but kinda scary to think about.

I think the worst beer ever has to go to Keystone ICE. Hands down. Old Milwaukee a close 2nd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2010, 11:36:08 AM »
Well - the bickering had gotten stale and neither side was gonna cave so why not talk about he fun stuff in relation to all this? LOL

I have seen Abita at Kroger in Tigertown (in Opelika in case you havent been to Auburn the last 4 years). Agree on Purple Haze - nasty azzed shit. I think they still have it on tap at the Mushroom.

I always heard that Heineken was brewed using some form of Formaldehyde. Not sure if it was true or not, but kinda scary to think about.

I think the worst beer ever has to go to Keystone ICE. Hands down. Old Milwaukee a close 2nd.
Sweetwater 420 in doses.

Sam Adam's Oktoberfest Brew.

Harpoon IPA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions