Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Birmingham officially sucks more...

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Birmingham officially sucks more...
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 11:13:26 AM »

Hi,

I'm old and don't understand today's youth...So I side with Hannah Montana and Lady Gaga.

Signed,

90% of the people in this thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 11:18:39 AM »
Hi,

I'm old and don't understand today's youth...So I side with Hannah Montana and Lady Gaga.

Signed,

It was pretty crazy of me to tell a bunch of old people that we need to start killing off old people. What was I thinking? Maybe I should pay Gene Simmons to tell them, I'm sure they would listen to him and go ahead and kill themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 11:21:17 AM »
Hi,

Signed,

It's basic economics. If you're independently wealthy and don't give a shit if your radio station loses money and your people starve to death, you can play all the Doobie McDooster shit you want.  If you're in business to make money you've got to cater to as big a market as possible.  

This.

I take exception that most of the music is on there is bad, but it really is a matter of simple economics.

Not my place to supply every dill hole on there with success.    

If you want 200 options of the coffee house I would take the man's suggestion and go to satellite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 11:30:42 AM »
Hi,

Signed,

Fuck your reality...I like me some Taylor Swift too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 11:34:24 AM »
Depends on the definition of "sucks"  

Popular music is popular for a reason.  People like it.  

Do I consider Lady GaGa a musical genius?  Nope.   I hate the below mentioned Montana.  

Maybe their music isn't the most technically proficient or whatever, but it resonates.  People like it, people buy it. It sells advertising, it keeps people employed.  Slippery Skillet and the Greasebags barely pays the rent.  

Asparagus is good for you and some people like it.  But there's not a McParagus on every corner.  Because it sucks and only a handful of people will buy it.  

It's basic economics. If you're independently wealthy and don't give a shit if your radio station loses money and your people starve to death, you can play all the Doobie McDooster shit you want.  If you're in business to make money you've got to cater to as big a market as possible.  

If he wants to listen to niche music then he can get a satellite radio.  It survives there.

Jeezus, for someone who is on everyone else's case about their reading comprehension, you need to look in a mirror.

Your first sentence should have been the sum total of your post.  I said as much in my post.  In fact, I said I agreed with 90% of your diatribe. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 11:36:51 AM »
This.

I take exception that most of the music is on there is bad, but it really is a matter of simple economics.

Not my place to supply every dill hole on there with success.    

If you want 200 options of the coffee house I would take the man's suggestion and go to satellite.
Isn't that the problem though?  You should play what is good, rather than what is shoved down your throat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 11:38:46 AM »
Hi,

Signed,

It's not black and white like that.  I like all kinds of music.  Some of Gaga's shit is catchy.  Not going to change the world, but it's got bounce.  I've got a nine year old and a nineteen year old so I get to hear all the "new" stuff.

The list of music I enjoy is ridiculously varied.  I flip from Zydeco to DMX to Neil Diamond to Skid Row to Thomas Dolby to Christina to the Gap Band to Sinatra to Blue Oyster Cult to...

I'm not demanding that Birmingham keep a Zydeco station running, though, just because I enjoy some Boo Zoo.  I understand that most people will probably say it sucks.  I know it couldn't sustain the sales to stay on the air.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 11:39:43 AM »
Jeezus, for someone who is on everyone else's case about their reading comprehension, you need to look in a mirror.

Your first sentence should have been the sum total of your post.  I said as much in my post.  In fact, I said I agreed with 90% of your diatribe. 

Moses in a purple chariot, it's not about you. 

It's fucking BORING around here today.  I'm just talking.  Not to you, necessarily, but in general. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 11:40:50 AM »
Moses in a purple chariot, it's not about you. 

It's fucking BORING around here today.  I'm just talking.  Not to you, necessarily, but in general. 

It's always about me.

You're correct, it is boring around here.  Welcome to the off-season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 11:55:52 AM »
You guys are making up some of those ridiculous names, right?

BooZoo?

Slippery Skillet?

Greasebags?

Signed,
OldGye
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 12:18:53 PM »
Well, when all is said and done. feels pretty good to have a thread responded to. Must be that extra beer can beside the name. :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2010, 12:45:43 PM »
Wish it was 105.5 FM WNSP that was getting the death nail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2010, 12:54:10 PM »
Wish it was 105.5 FM WNSP that was getting the death nail.

Damn straight. 

I was on the road last week and when Lee and Roger's show came on I turned it off within five seconds.  Quickest rejection ever. 

Roger's big dumb ass opened the show with his redneck impersonation of Robin Williams. 

"Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuud MAAAWWWWWWWWWWWNIN' MO-BEEEEEEEEEEEEELL! 

Click. 

It's the worst show in the history of sports talk radio.  The contempt little Shervanian has for Roger is palpable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2010, 01:26:30 PM »
I'm ready to evacuate the dance floor with all this blah, blah, blah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2010, 01:31:47 PM »
I'm ready to evacuate the dance floor with all this blah, blah, blah.

What a coincidence! 

I am ready to evacuate my bowels.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2010, 01:42:35 PM »
You guys are making up some of those ridiculous names, right?

BooZoo?

Slippery Skillet?

Greasebags?

Signed,
OldGye

boo zoo chavis

musical genius
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2010, 01:45:59 PM »
Jack Johnson has Bubble Toes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2010, 02:03:35 PM »

boo zoo chavis

musical genius

^^^This^^^

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2010, 02:58:57 PM »
You old farts know not of which you speak.

As wreckingball mentioned in the first post, there was a distinct market for Live 100.5. There were no other alternatives for alternative. Talk radio? Obviously, the suits are basing talk radio numbers off of JOX. I'm sure JOX does quite well. There's a ton of people obsessed with college football in this city. Just because that does well doesn't mean any old hack talking into a microphone about anything will automatically be successful. First they took the X, then they took 105.5 the Vulcan and turned it into some shit-tacular talk radio. How's that working out for them? Has anyone even ever listened to that station?

Because I'm not old, everyone I know listened to 100.5 primarily.

Facebook says there are 15,732 people in the Birmingham area that cared enough about trying to save the station that they joined this facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=live+100.5&init=quick#!/group.php?gid=326223102222&ref=ss

There are probably double that that listen to the station regularly but don't give a shit about facebook groups (myself), or those that realized it was a lost cause (again, myself), those that aren't on facebook, or those that didn't even know they were going off the air.

And the fact that popular = good? In the realm of music?

Wow.

Kesha > The White Stripes, for example?

Wow.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 12:56:37 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2010, 03:09:38 PM »
Maybe instead of having a rally on facebook those 15,732 people should have supported the businesses who advertised on the station more. 

Just sayin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions