Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cool Blog - Poison Control Center

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Cool Blog - Poison Control Center
« on: February 12, 2010, 12:33:36 AM »
http://ipcblog.org/

Poison control center blogs a day's worth of calls.  Mostly kids putting bizarre shit in their mouths, but there are some others that range from "WOW!" to "dumb ass..."

Also read the post about poisoning-is-a-matter-of-dose - the director of the IPC accidentally poisoned and nearly killed himself with ibuprofen.  Interesting.

This one is in Illinois, but the number is the same no matter where you live - 1-800-222-1222.  You get connected regionally to your closest center.  

You new parents should take note of the number - I have it on speed dial.  Have (knock on wood) never had to use it, but you never know.  Kids is stoopid sometimes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

Re: Cool Blog - Poison Control Center
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 12:40:38 AM »
http://ipcblog.org/

Poison control center blogs a day's worth of calls.  Mostly kids putting bizarre shit in their mouths, but there are some others that range from "WOW!" to "dumb ass..."

Also read the post about poisoning-is-a-matter-of-dose - the director of the IPC accidentally poisoned and nearly killed himself with ibuprofen.  Interesting.

This one is in Illinois, but the number is the same no matter where you live - 1-800-222-1222.  You get connected regionally to your closest center.  

You new parents should take note of the number - I have it on speed dial.  Have (knock on wood) never had to use it, but you never know.  Kids is stoopid sometimes.

Damn you Wench.  As if I didn't spend too much time Al Gore's playground.

Now I got this...
An ER called requesting treatment advice regarding a 26 year old intoxicated male who was bit by his pet rattlesnake on the neck.  He was showing off the snake to his friends at a party and had placed it around his neck.

Holy shit this is a great website.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 12:48:27 AM »
My fav, kind of sad, was the mom who gave her 5 yr old methadone instead of liquid ibruprofen.  That simple error speaks VOLUMES about that family dynamic, doesn't it?

See, Token, stick with me... I can take you places you have only dreamed of.  But wait until I sober up.  Ambien maked the keys change places and I have to focus REEEEEEEAAAAALLLLLLYYYY hard right now to type coherently.  Not that some of you loooosers [sic] would ever notice.  But I pride myself on my grammar and spelling under any inebriated or otherwise fundamentally impaired condition.  One does set certain standards for oneself, you see...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 12:51:55 AM »
A father called about tater tots he had cooked in the oven; after his kids ate them, the caller realized there was a charred rat corpse in the oven
:puke:

Caller took a beer out of the minbar in a hotel and quickly realized after one swig that it was urine.  Someone had drunk the beer, then filled it with urine and put it back to avoid being charged.

I ain't telling that shit to nobody!!!

A 26 year old sprayed his couch for fleas, forgot about it, and slept on it several hours later.
Really?? Really??

A caller was trying to unclog a stubborn drain and poured drain cleaner and bleach into the sink at the same time.   He immediately began having nose and eye burning and coughing.  (bleach and an acid drain cleaner mixed together create chlorine gas which is a very strong respiratory irritant).

Yeah, that's what I'd say too.  

A 2 year old male ingested one of his mother’s birth control pills.

It's too late kid.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 12:54:13 AM »
Leakey batteries in her personal massager made acid burns... ouchie!!!  No happy peepee for you for a week!

Check your PM
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions