Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
you can hire:

Don't really know what to think of this.  This was one of my favorite shows as a kid.  I have a feeling it might suck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Oh...it's gonna suck.  Nothing can ever replace the original show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Oh...it's gonna suck.  Nothing can ever replace the original show.
Personally, I'd rather see this.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Personally, I'd rather see this.

I like it.  Been too long since Val was in something funny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
I like it.  Been too long since Val was in something funny.
Been too long since there's been an SNL skit-based movie. I think Ladies Man may have been the last one, and that was a decade ago.

I was just talking about how they needed to do this again, but I was thinking a feature film of Laser Cats would be awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Been too long since there's been an SNL skit-based movie. I think Ladies Man may have been the last one, and that was a decade ago.

I was just talking about how they needed to do this again, but I was thinking a feature film of Laser Cats would be awesome.
Oh NO! Commander is an android!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
Oh NO! Commander is an android!
You'll be pleased to know that Yorma wrote & directed this. Andy & Akiva appear to have nothing to do with it though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
This thread is now about MacGruber. Fuck the A-Team.

This movie really does look promising.

http://thevertexblog.com/reviews/movie-review-macgruber

When given the opportunity to see an early screening of MacGruber, I was wary that it would follow in the path of prior Saturday Night Live films. Most sketch concepts generally flourish when they’re just that – sketches. A full-length comedy falls into the trap of relying on the same old recycled jokes to the point where you not only loathe the film, but you retroactively dislike the sketches they were based on. You might not believe me when I tell you this, but there’s no doubt: MacGruber was amazing.

Like any action movie, MacGruber begins with the diabolical plan of an evil genius to acquire and detonate a nuclear warhead. MacGruber (Will Forte), having sworn off the life of an action hero, is approached by the U.S. government and informed of the plan of his arch enemy Dieter Von mommy parth (Note: the “h” is virtually silent). MacGruber, with his badass mullet, is the only one with the know-how and experience (his achievements include “starting tight end for the University of El Paso”) to save the world, and accepts the challenge. It’s time for MacGruber “to go pound some mommy parth.”

Forte, who plays MacGruber with a perfect mix of confidence and ignorance, portrays a character with more depth and personality than has ever been established in the short SNL sketches. In addition, the writing for Forte’s character is smart, quick, and witty, albeit sometimes asinine. MacGruber spends the movie driving around in his red Miata, completely embracing all that was 80’s pop culture. He doesn’t use guns, but he always manages to come through. “Classic MacGruber!”

15 seconds, MacGruber!

Unlike other comedies, MacGruber isn’t completely tongue-in-cheek. The characters surrounding MacGruber play their roles more seriously, resulting in outstanding rapport between the hero and his cohorts. Ryan Phillippe is excellent in the role of Special Agent Piper, a young rookie whose tendency to follow the rules clashes with MacGruber’s no-holds-barred attitude. In addition, Val Kilmer, as Dieter Von mommy parth, manages to take MacGruber completely seriously and in one scene asks his henchmen why they didn’t capture MacGruber, to which they reply that they “didn’t think he was a threat. They actually thought he was mentally retarded

The second star of the film is the hilarious and talented Kristen Wiig, who, as usual, delivers the performance expected of a comedian on top of her game. Wiig plays MacGruber’s new love interest, the impressionable and naïve Vicki St. Elmo. Wiig, in her most substantial movie role to date, is the needed passivity to Forte’s aggressiveness. The three heroes come together perfectly, each adding a necessary ingredient to the delicious dish that is MacGruber.

5 seconds, MacGruber!

MacGruber is the best SNL film since Wayne’s World back in 1992. It manages to take the concept of the original sketch and infuse it with new life. It generally works at all times, and manages to combine physical comedy, witty banter, and awkward sex. If you enjoy a good comedy, go see this movie when it comes out next year. Trust me, this movie is…

« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 11:21:55 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
You'll be pleased to know that Yorma wrote & directed this. Andy & Akiva appear to have nothing to do with it though.
I think Akiva is funnier than Andy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The things you people think are funny. 
 :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
The things you people think are funny. 
 :puke:

Who you callin "you" people
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Who you callin "you" people

What do YOU mean "you people"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
What do YOU mean "you people"?

We bout to have a house meetin' y'all!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
We bout to have a house meetin' y'all!

You betta pump ya brakes boy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.

What's the matter dog? You can't control yo bitches?!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby...
Man, that's the theme from the Jefferson's?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Man, that's the theme from the Jefferson's?
just cause it's a theme song don't make it not true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum