Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Finebaum now crusading against Birmingham News

Mr. Sensible

Finebaum now crusading against Birmingham News
« on: February 08, 2010, 03:19:33 PM »
He is allowing this show to the be the stump for this notion that The Birmingham News is "too pro-Auburn" in recent sports coverage and opinion (particularly Scarbinsky).

Who does he bring on to support this?

The guy who started The Capstone Report. That's objectivity.  :blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Finebaum now crusading against Birmingham News
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 03:47:28 PM »
It's getting good.   :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 03:51:16 PM »
Shane from Center Point is too pro-Auburn too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 03:53:12 PM »
Boy, that is some real journalism. I have seen numerous, I mean numerous, articles the Scarbo has written that was as far from pro-Auburn as can be. I guess with so many headlines from Auburn, no one dare has the right to write good things of Auburn in Birmingham. How dare the Birmingham news pay more attention to Auburn than Alabama. Alabama has the birth right to be the all exclusive any day every day. It sure sounds to be like panic.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 03:53:57 PM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 04:02:05 PM »
Boy, that is some real journalism. I have seen numerous, I mean numerous, articles the Scarbo has written that was as far from pro-Auburn as can be. I guess with so many headlines from Auburn, no one dare has the right to write good things of Auburn in Birmingham. How dare the Birmingham news pay more attention to Auburn than Alabama. Alabama has the birth right to be the all exclusive any day every day. It sure sounds to be like panic.

Like Yoda said:
Panic leads to Paranoia, Paranoia leads to Delusion, Delusion leads to Entitlement and Entitlement leads to :shit:

Well, he sorta said that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »
Finebaum has switched gears with Cecil "I love Bama so much it" Hurt(s) on the air now.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:15:35 PM by Sensible »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 04:16:29 PM »
He may have a case if all those articles about how the battle for Shon Coleman was for ultimate recruiting supremecy, and how awesome Spencer Region is, weren't written when each respective player were thought to be a lock for uat.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:18:55 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 04:18:58 PM »
He may have a case if all those articles about how the battle for Shon Coleman was for ultimate recruiting supremecy, and how awesome Spencer Region is were written when they were thought to be a lock for uat.

He admitted that the Cstone is biased. I don't think his argument holds water on the basis that he thinks Sacrbinsky's "play to the crowd" columns equate to an Auburn bias in the B'Ham News.

This is typical smoke-screen Bammer antics when things aren't going as well for them as they want. Never satisfied.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:20:07 PM by Sensible »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 05:52:52 PM »
I can sometimes listen to his show even when he's Auburn bashing simply because I can laugh at the ridiculousness. 

Today?  Unbearable.  Not in a "this is getting under my skin" sort of way.  It was more, "Wow, this is so boring and weak that I'd rather listen to 98.7 R&B." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 01:29:33 AM »
I can sometimes listen to his show even when he's Auburn bashing simply because I can laugh at the ridiculousness. 

Today?  Unbearable.  Not in a "this is getting under my skin" sort of way.  It was more, "Wow, this is so boring and weak that I'd rather listen to 98.7 R&B." 
98.7  :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 10:49:13 AM »
Maybe Kaos needs to teach a class on how to properly quote the airport asshole.

http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2010/02/finebaum_gene_chizik_and_nick.html

Finebaum: Gene Chizik and Nick Saban are Signing Day winners
By Paul Finebaum
February 09, 2010, 6:01AM

Gene Chizik conquered Signing Day and stole a march on one of Nick Saban's recruits.Nearly a week after National Signing Day, I'm still nursing a headache. Have you ever heard so much sound and fury signifying nothing? Are you ready for some more blather? The following are mere snapshots from the wild and woolly recruiting wars, chiseled down to the basic winners and losers.

Gene Chizik: Winner. A mere 14 months ago, the 5-19 coach from Iowa State was heckled at the airport to the chorus of "We want a winner not a loser." After an 8-5 season (3-5 in the SEC), Chizik hit a grand slam on signing day, finishing ahead of Alabama in one ranking and with a consensus top-five class. Three days later, he stuck another dagger in Nick Saban's eyes by stealing a private Alabama commitment for 2011 (Spencer Region, an offensive lineman from Cullman) and getting him to say he will sign with Auburn next time around. Recruiting is usually a strong barometer of how a program will turn out. However, it is worth mentioning that four years ago many were praising Ed Orgeron at Ole Miss in terms of the quality of recruits and the direction of the program. He was fired two years later and is on his third different job since leaving Oxford.

Tommy Tuberville: Loser. Tubs found work at Texas Tech but his legacy at Auburn has been torched in the process. Chizik has shown you can go toe to toe with Saban at Alabama with success. Many Auburn fans gleefully bought into Tub's spiel two years ago that you didn't need four and five star recruits. His first class at Tech was similar to his ones at Auburn -- skimpy on blue chips and ranked No. 41 by Rivals.

Nick Saban: Winner. When you follow back to back No. 1 recruiting classes with a top-five finish, most programs would consider that staying the course and a success. However, you could cut the tension with a knife at Saban's post recruiting press conference. His harangue about recruits changing their minds (at the last minute) was borderline comical: "I'm old fashioned. I think a commitment is a commitment," Saban said. I'm not sure the fans of the Miami Dolphins, LSU Tigers, Michigan State Spartans and Toledo Rockets have Saban's back on that one.

Urban Meyer: Winner.  As bad as Meyer has looked since his stunning resignation and flip flop, you've got to give him credit. For all the quibbling between Auburn and Alabama fans about who had the best class, the Gators appeared to have left everyone in the dust.

Derek Dooley: Winner. Don't look now, but Dooley has earned some very valuable street cred with his first recruiting class. With his back to the wall and the Tennessee program shredded in the destruction left behind by Lane Kiffin's departure, Dooley sold something his predecessor was unfamiliar with -- integrity. It worked well and instead of having to sell himself to the Vol Nation, most are shaking their heads in amazement at how well he has done in the first month on the job.

Mark Richt: Loser. It is time for the fat lady to start clearing her voice for Richt's career at Georgia. He got punked in the final days, losing players to key rivals. Certainly, Richt's overall body of work is very impressive -- with two SEC titles and a solid reputation. However, two of his biggest rivals -- Tennessee and Auburn -- are gaining on him and Florida has owned the Bulldogs. Richt can try and shuffle the deck chairs on the Titanic by changing coordinators. But his ship at Georgia appears to be sinking fast.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:49:47 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 11:29:02 AM »
Are you taking "Correct quotes for $800?"

Cause he missed it too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 11:32:10 AM »

"I'm old fashioned. I think a commitment is a commitment," Saban said. I'm not sure the fans of the Miami Dolphins, LSU Tigers, Michigan State Spartans and Toledo Rockets have Saban's back on that one.

WOW.  That might be one of the best comments PF has ever made!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions