Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Spencer Regions Has Committed To....

Spencer Regions Has Committed To....
« on: February 06, 2010, 02:09:33 PM »
AUBURN.   War Fuckin' Eagle.

Said that Alabama was being like "vultures" and said that he'd rather play for Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Spencer Regions Has Committed To....
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 02:20:55 PM »
Spencer Region OL 6'6" 330lbs. Cullman, Ala. (5 Grillz)

Offers From:
Auburn (Committed 02/06/10)
FSU
Ole Miss
Wake Forest
UAB
SPuat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 02:28:25 PM »
This kid will burn Auburn on 2011 NSD.  No inside information, just a hunch.  This kid is a vindictive Bama fan (bammer) and will make a "shocker" switch.

Mark it down.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 02:29:00 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 02:38:40 PM »
This kid will burn Auburn on 2011 NSD.  No inside information, just a hunch.  This kid is a vindictive Bama fan (bammer) and will make a "shocker" switch.

Mark it down.

I can see this happening as well.  Something tells me that we won't hang on to this kid.  But for now...

SUCK IT BAMMER!   :bamahomer:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 02:39:16 PM by Ogre »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 02:42:13 PM »
I can see this happening as well.  Something tells me that we won't hang on to this kid.  But for now...

SUCK IT BAMMER!   :bamahomer:

:bowl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 02:50:57 PM »

Mark it down.
Nope...because little Sheban won't be recruiting him anymore, he has committed, so that means little Sheban will move on.  Remember is "commitment speech"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 03:06:09 PM »
Nope...because little Sheban won't be recruiting him anymore, he has committed, so that means little Sheban will move on.  Remember is "commitment speech"?

Thanks.  You just gave me an out just in case Spencer does sign with Auburn.

Seriously though, the kid gave too many interviews to a lot of different people this week saying the same things about Alabama. 

He's playing games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 03:06:14 PM »

Mark it down.
That could happen, unless it doesn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 03:14:29 PM »
Thanks.  You just gave me an out just in case Spencer does sign with Auburn.

Seriously though, the kid gave too many interviews to a lot of different people this week saying the same things about Alabama.  

He's playing games.
So, is he playing games when he says "War Eagle" at his press conference?  Or when he says this:

(Auburn's OL Coach, Coach Grimes) "I am blessed to have a coach like that to play for in college," Region says. "He is a real good guy and he is going help me do big things and I am going to help him do big things.

"We are going to be good," he says. "Coach Grimes wants the best offensive linemen in the state and the best offensive linemen in the country and I thought I would help him with that goal."

Maybe the games he was playing was with y'all.

I wonder how little Sheban feels about being called "vultures".  I'd bet that didn't sit too well with him.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:26:32 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 03:30:51 PM »
What makes it even better is that Andrew Bone, SPuat's Scout Recruiting guy, had already made up the story that Spencer Region had committed to SPuat and it was linked on Spencer's Scout profile. :rofl: Also, a bunch, probably all, of the bammer media members drove up to Cullman so that they could cover the commitment of Spencer to SPuat.  That's what da skreets call a Bitch Slap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »
So, is he playing games when he says "War Eagle" at his press conference?  Or when he says this:

Maybe the games he was playing was with y'all.

I wonder how little Sheban feels about being called "vultures".  I'd bet that didn't sit too well with him.

"I am going to Alabama," Region said. "My family knew that's where I wanted to go. They thought it was a good idea. Coach (Nick) Saban said to commit if I wanted to.

"Coach Saban was really excited. He said he has big plans for me. I mean a lot to the recruiting class. I am a big offensive lineman who moves well. I am physical, and that's what he loves.

"This is a dream come true. Ever since I was little I have always wanted to run out of the tunnel at Bryant Denny."  

"I really liked (strength and conditioning) Coach (ScottO Cochran," Region said. "He is probably my favorite coach. I loved every minute I spent with the coaches. Coach (Joe) Pendry (who coaches UA linemen) said he liked me a lot. He said I was a big lineman they can move around. I am physical and can put people in the dirt."

Comments made this week after Bama's Junior Day.  

You're right though.  Nothing legit to back up my claim.  Kid is 100% solid to Auburn.  Nice pick up.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:39:42 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 03:40:17 PM »
Damn, son.

Chizik already had Saban on the ropes after signing day, and he just threw another haymaker to his face.

This is gonna get brutal and bloody.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 03:42:36 PM »

You're right though.  Nothing legit to back up my claim.  Kid is 100% solid to Auburn.  Nice pick up.
Andrew Bones article that was linked on Spencer Region's Scout profile....Pre-Commitment:

Alabama lands lineman commit for 2011 class
By Andrew Bone
Published: Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 12:07 p.m.
Last Modified: Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 12:07 p.m.

The University of Alabama picked up a big commitment Saturday when Spencer Region announced his college decision.

The 6-foot-6, 350-pound prospect from Cullman High School is a member of the Scout.com 300 watch list for the class of 2011.

"I am going to Alabama," Region said. "My family knew that's where I wanted to go. They thought it was a good idea. Coach (Nick) Saban said to commit if I wanted to.

"Coach Saban was really excited. He said he has big plans for me. I mean a lot to the recruiting class. I am a big offensive lineman who moves well. I am physical, and that's what he loves.

"This is a dream come true. Ever since I was little I have always wanted to run out of the tunnel at Bryant Denny."

Region was in Tuscaloosa last weekend for Junior Day when he picked up a scholarship offer from Alabama.

"I really liked (strength and conditioning) Coach (ScottO Cochran," Region said. "He is probably my favorite coach. I loved every minute I spent with the coaches. Coach (Joe) Pendry (who coaches UA linemen) said he liked me a lot. He said I was a big lineman they can move around. I am physical and can put people in the dirt."

Region starting receiving a lot of attention from college coaches after his junior season when he registered 105 pancake blocks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 03:44:03 PM »

I mean, I'm not gonna say it's beyond the realm of possibilities, but I'd say his pro-Auburn comments were much stronger, let alone his anti-Bama comments about being vultures and trying to keep him in a box.

Saban wouldn't risk large-scale hypocrisy by trying to steal other people's commitments after his latest book in the Gospel of Saban has just been scribed, would he? All that about how a kid's commitment is his bond? Would he even want to sign a kid that called him a vulture anyway?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 04:01:41 PM »
Bama has a new mascot in an attempt to emulate Auburn's eagle. It was seen hours ago circling above BDS where below lies the carcass of a dead elephant at midfield.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 04:06:29 PM »
Andrew Bone's twitter page:

No truth to the rumor spencer region did not have an offer from Alabama. He was committed. After what happened today he may not anymore.
about 1 hour ago from web

Spencer region drove to his press conference today as a commitment to alabama. He gave me his commitment story this morning. Switched to au
about 2 hours ago from web

@HunterLJohnson he told me to tell everyone at noon he was going to alabama. So we released it. Said he changed his mind 5 mins before

Fyi-spencer region announced his decommitment from alabama to auburn. He actually committed to alabama on tuesday

Spencer region switches decision to auburn
about 3 hours ago from web

Said he wants to play in family atmosphere...and war eagle

Spencer region puts on an auburn hat

spencer region chooses alabama
                                        :haha:

Just arrived at the annoucement. Auburn and florida state hats on the table

Heading to spencer regions announcement. Will decide between bama, auburn, fsu, ole miss. Prediction-alabama
about 5 hours ago from web For those who missed it yesterday. 2011 offensive tackle spencer region is set to announce college decision tomorrow at noon.
about 23 hours ago from web

So, not only did Auburn steal a lifelong SPuat fan, but they also took another committed prospect away from SPuat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 04:07:11 PM »

Not to mention the quotes he gave to Andrew Bone right before his ceremony and specifically telling Bone he is Bama bound, and to post the story before he takes the stage at noon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 04:17:35 PM »
Not to mention the quotes he gave to Andrew Bone right before his ceremony and specifically telling Bone he is Bama bound, and to post the story before he takes the stage at noon.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

Fuck Saban!

This shit is hysterical...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 04:19:16 PM »
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

Fuck Saban!

This shit is hysterical...

BOOM!!!!! MUTHA FUCKA!!!!!!!

:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 04:22:42 PM »
I can't get enough of this shit...He just bitch slapped the FUCK out of Saban...

Region says Auburn is family
By Doug Segrest -- The Birmingham News
February 06, 2010, 1:27PM
When Cullman High offensive guard Spencer Region headed to Cummings Sporting Goods this morning, where he planned to announce his college destination, the junior was headed to Alabama.

But by the time he sat at a table, with ball caps from Alabama, Auburn and Florida State in front of him, the highly touted junior prospect had changed his mind.

"Due to changes, I am decommitting from Alabama and I am committing to Auburn," Region said. "I will be an Auburn Tiger, where I feel they really care about me."

The previous commitment to Alabama was private. But after last-minute deliberation, saying he just felt more comfortable with Auburn, Region made his public declaration.

"I didn't feel at home (going to Alabama). I didn't feel it was my family. I didn't feel they had the best interest for me. I'm a family man. Auburn is family."

Read Sunday's Birmingham News for more details on Region's commitment, as well as a story on the next wave of instate talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions