Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2010 NSD Official Update Thread

boartitz

Re: 2010 NSD Official Update Thread
« Reply #200 on: February 03, 2010, 05:48:02 PM »
What we are talking about, in particular, is on page 177. I would guess a 4.7 GPA would qualify as an "outstanding high school graduate", don't you think, boartitz? Apparently this would apply even if you were primarily a football recruit, so I was a little wrong there. Barrett Jones was on the Bryant Scholarship his first year at Alabama, and he also had a 4.7 GPA when he graduated high school.
Did he play football his first year? When he hits the field, his academic schollie is over with.
His folks can pay his way and that won't count against the limit, but very few ever do that. You'll see a few football players go out for other sports during the off season, but you won't see a player with a scholarship in another sport play football.
You're pretty quick to call bullshit when you don't even know the rules. Best to listen and be thought a fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #201 on: February 03, 2010, 06:06:47 PM »
Did he play football his first year? When he hits the field, his academic schollie is over with.
His folks can pay his way and that won't count against the limit, but very few ever do that. You'll see a few football players go out for other sports during the off season, but you won't see a player with a scholarship in another sport play football.
You're pretty quick to call bullshit when you don't even know the rules. Best to listen and be thought a fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Not unless they have changed the rule within the last 10 or so years. I played football and was on an academic scholarship. My folks didn't pay my way, my academic scholarship did...and I even played in the little games...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2010, 06:11:33 PM »
I realize that nobody with sense would choose to go to Arkansas, so I can understand where you haven't seen this type of situation before. However, you are wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

boartitz

« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2010, 06:34:57 PM »
I realize that nobody with sense would choose to go to Arkansas, so I can understand where you haven't seen this type of situation before. However, you are wrong.
Name me 1. Just one Alabama player who has set foot on the football field and played in a game while on an academic scholarship. In recent years. Not back in the 50s or 60s.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #204 on: February 03, 2010, 08:20:40 PM »
Name me 1. Just one Alabama player who has set foot on the football field and played in a game while on an academic scholarship. In recent years. Not back in the 50s or 60s.
Anyone? Beuller?
We ought to have a better chance than yall for an academic type since our admission standards are higher than what the NCAA and SEC minimums are. Unlike your school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #205 on: February 03, 2010, 08:24:52 PM »
Anyone? Beuller?
We ought to have a better chance than yall for an academic type since our admission standards are higher than what the NCAA and SEC minimums are. Unlike your school.

So that explains why your football team sucks balls in the same manner as Vanderbilt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2010, 08:43:41 PM »
So that explains why your football team sucks balls in the same manner as Vanderbilt.
:) Kick us while we're down. While you can.
We are steadily improving. Yall have peaked. Can you maintain?
Next season should be a good one. Yall have the target on your back. Can you defend? Yall were lucky in 2-3 games last year. Lucky, not dominant. Yall dominated our ass last year.
I don't see yall having the same run twice in a row. It may not be us, but somebody or two will beat yall next year in conference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2010, 08:52:15 PM »
:) Kick us while we're down. While you can.
We are steadily improving. Yall have peaked. Can you maintain?
Next season should be a good one. Yall have the target on your back. Can you defend? Yall were lucky in 2-3 games last year. Lucky, not dominant. Yall dominated our ass last year.
I don't see yall having the same run twice in a row. It may not be us, but somebody or two will beat yall next year in conference.

It was tit for tat.  Nothing more, nothing less.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2010, 09:22:10 PM »
Tit for tat? About what.
Parry elsewhere, you swordsman, you.
I think my drunken spiel originated with the academic scholarship "loophole". With the admission differences between our two schools, why don't yall have a bunch of 6'7" 300lb Einsteins on yall's roster? I mean, yall's Einsteins can be dumber than ours and still enroll. RWS says it legit. Why the fuck ain't yall capitalizing on this gig? Dumb ass Bammers or what? Why ain't everyone doing it if it is OK?
I tole yall earlier I would get vociferous. Prolly have to go to Bammer graduate school before they unlocked the vault with the dictionary wif the big words in it.
Funky wag and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »
Tit for tat? About what.

The Vanderbilt-esque comment about Arky being academically superior.  You brag about academic superiority and I compare it to piss poor performances on the football field.  It's kinda simple, really.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2010, 09:41:15 PM »
The Vanderbilt-esque comment about Arky being academically superior.  You brag about academic superiority and I compare it to piss poor performances on the football field.  It's kinda simple, really.

Well, dumb kids are usually stronger and meaner.
I apologize for this analogy from another Arkie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2010, 10:28:24 PM »
I'm still kinda curious of the name of this academic scholarship player that yall have playing for the goddamnedalmightyfucking Crimson Tide.
Who's the bullshitter?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2010, 10:34:34 PM »
I'm still kinda curious of the name of this academic scholarship player that yall have playing for the goddamnedalmightyfucking Crimson Tide.
Who's the bullshitter?
Crawfishing motherfuckers. Yall should have been coonasses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2010, 10:40:34 PM »
I'm still kinda curious of the name of this academic scholarship player that yall have playing for the goddamnedalmightyphuking Crimson Tide.
Who's the bullpoopter?

I don't have a clue, and I don't give a fuck.  Which is why I sifted through all the pointless bullshit in this thread and found the potatoes.  And by potatoes, I mean an opportunity to get a jab in at your shitty football team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2010, 10:47:42 PM »
I don't have a clue, and I don't give a phuk.  Which is why I sifted through all the pointless bullpoop in this thread and found the potatoes.  And by potatoes, I mean an opportunity to get a jab in at your poopty football team.

Shitty? They are effin loaded man. Petrino even thought about not even recruiting this year and skipping the class of 2010.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2010, 10:50:01 PM »
Petrino even thought about not even recruiting this year and skipping the class of 2010.

He would have had nearly the same result.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2010, 11:29:47 PM »
He would have had nearly the same result.
Damn, I like mashing blood filled ticks. You cocky fuckers are coming down. Bad as yall hate it, yall peaked last year. Anything less will lead to family on family bloodshed. I've seen it happen. Ricky is gonna up and kilt somebody this year. Fuck that fgoot-stomping.
Damn right, I'm dronk. Whjen I kill off enough of these massive brain cells, I'm gonna see about one of these Bama Schollies. I have a few years of eligibity left.teballz.
DC Dodd and Dan Hampton showed me that I didn't need to compete on the next level.
I was happy just going to Tallequah, OK and getting kissed by EmmyLou.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 07:36:13 AM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #217 on: February 04, 2010, 12:20:40 AM »
...and getting kissed by EmmyLou.
You are probably the reason for the white streak in her hair, no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #218 on: February 04, 2010, 12:52:26 AM »

Definitely wasn't the reason for the wet streak in her panties...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

boartitz

« Reply #219 on: February 04, 2010, 07:37:45 AM »
Who the hell got to Bonnie Raitt?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions