Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

How did Tubs do?

jadennis

Re: How did Tubs do?
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 11:10:12 AM »
Two things....he's been there a few weeks....are we seriously going to look a two years worth of recruiting (for this 2010 class) done by the previous staff at Texas Tech and then stick Tuberville with the ranking because he was there for a number of days?  That's ridiculous.  

Second, going forward, we also shouldn't expect to see Texas Tech near the top of any recruiting rankings no matter who coaches there.  It's in Lubbock.  They aren't Oklahoma, Texas or even Texas A&M when it comes to tradition and winning the Big 12.  It makes no sense to compare Tuberville recruiting at Auburn to Tuberville recruiting to Tech.  Apples and beef jerky.

And Leach won there...but not with outstanding recruiting classes.  He did it by having the ability to make an offense work with whatever he had (he was and is an offensive genius).   Occasionally he got a great player here or there, but not "classes" full of quality players.

Two cents.

One more note.  Texas Tech's last 5 classes (09-05):#33, #45, #53, #25, #37.  The 2010 class (97% on Leach): #41.  That's an average of #39 over the last 6 classes.  If Tuberville lands in the top 40 from now on, he's doing as good as Leach did.   Compare him to that, not to what he did at Auburn....Texas Tech is not Auburn.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:29:55 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: How did Tubs do?
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
Texas Tech is not Auburn.
ahh but is it Ames?
friendly
funny
dislike