Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Maybe they can sue!

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Maybe they can sue!
« on: March 19, 2010, 10:35:24 AM »
Because everyone knows just because it happened, it was from some secret whitey organization within the Walmark dynasty. I love how it is automatically Walmark's fault because some dolt got on the PA system.

Black people must leave, NJ Walmart announcer says
Blacks must leave store, NJ Walmart announcer says, upsetting customers; company investigates
ap

Companies:
          o Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

Bruce Shipkowski, Associated Press Writer, On Thursday March 18, 2010, 1:07 am EDT

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -- A Walmart store announcement ordering black people to leave brought chagrin and apologies Wednesday from leaders of the company, which has built a fragile trust among minority communities.

A male voice came over the public-address system Sunday evening at a store in Washington Township, in southern New Jersey, and calmly announced: "Attention, Walmart customers: All black people, leave the store now."

Shoppers in the store at the time said a manager quickly got on the public-address system and apologized for the remark. And while it was unclear whether a rogue patron or an employee was responsible for the comment, many customers expressed their anger to store management.

"I want to know why such statements are being made, because it flies in the face of what we teach our children about tolerance for all," said Sheila Ellington, who was in the store at the time with a friend. "If this was meant to be a prank, there's only one person laughing, and it's not either one of us."

Ellington, of Monroe, and her friend Patricia Covington said they plan to boycott the retailer until they're assured the issue has been addressed so it doesn't happen again.

The pair said they were stunned when they heard the announcement and initially believed they had misheard it. But once the words sank in, they grew angry.

"I depended on Walmart for all my needs, because the store has pretty much everything you could want," Covington said. "But until this issue is addressed in a way I'm comfortable with, I can't walk through those doors again."

Officials with Wal-Mart Stores Inc., based in Bentonville, Ark., said that the announcement was "unacceptable" and that they're trying to determine who made it and how it happened.

"We are just as appalled by this incident as our customers," the company said in a statement. "Whoever did this is just wrong and acted in an inappropriate manner. Clearly, this is completely unacceptable to us and to our customers."

This is not the first time the retailer has faced such problems.

There have been several past instances of black customers claiming they were treated unfairly at Walmart stores, and the company faced lawsuits alleging that women were passed over in favor of men for pay raises and promotions.

In February 2009, the retailer paid $17.5 million to settle a class action lawsuit alleging racial discrimination in its hiring of truck drivers.

And the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission sued the company in May 2009, claiming some Hispanic employees at a Sam's Club subsidiary in California were subjected to a hostile work environment. That suit alleges managers failed to stop repeated verbal harassment, including the use of derogatory words, against employees of Mexican descent.

However, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has said the company has worked hard in recent years to show it cares about diversity.

Bill Mitchell, a former Walmart employee who was shopping Wednesday at the store, said that he was saddened to hear about the announcement but that "as a black man, I've heard worse things."

As customer Sharon Osbourne, of Williamstown, left the store Wednesday, she called the announcement "appalling, stupid and sad."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Black-people-must-leave-NJ-apf-1749619349.html?x=0

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Maybe they can sue!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 01:14:46 PM »
DAYZ GON SUE!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 06:11:01 PM »
As customer Sharon Osbourne, of Williamstown, left the store Wednesday, she called the announcement "appalling, stupid and sad."

Did she do it in a clipped English accent?  And can she vouch for Jack's whereabouts during the prank?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 09:04:47 PM »
"I want to know why such statements are being made, because it flies in the face of what we teach our children about tolerance for all," said Sheila Ellington, who was in the store at the time with a friend. "If this was meant to be a prank, there's only one person laughing, and it's not either one of us."

I would love to hear her explain the "tolerance for all" comment.  That seems like a very racially charged comment to me. 

"Yeah little Tyrone, none of us like whitey, but we just got to tolerate them.  But if that cracka tells all black people to leave, then you don't got to tolerate him no more."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 09:21:22 AM »
I would love to hear her explain the "tolerance for all" comment.  That seems like a very racially charged comment to me. 

"Yeah little Tyrone, none of us like whitey, but we just got to tolerate them.  But if that cracka tells all black people to leave, then you don't got to tolerate him no more."

Tolerance is and always has been a one way street. Hypocrisy at its finest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 02:03:46 AM »
Are you fucking kidding me?  Have you read a history book?

Start after Jesus and for to about 1400 AD and tell me how much tolerance white European culture gave to minorities?  Foreign non white countries?

Better yet, start with American history.  Look at what we did to the Indians...Slavery...Japanese internment camps...Jim Crow Laws...etc....

I'm not saying that there isn't reverse discrimination, and I do believe it's dumb that there are different standards now a days for different races.  However, your statement taken on its face is wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 09:32:18 AM »
Are you fucking kidding me?  Have you read a history book?

Start after Jesus and for to about 1400 AD and tell me how much tolerance white European culture gave to minorities?  Foreign non white countries?

Better yet, start with American history.  Look at what we did to the Indians...Slavery...Japanese internment camps...Jim Crow Laws...etc....

I'm not saying that there isn't reverse discrimination, and I do believe it's dumb that there are different standards now a days for different races.  However, your statement taken on its face is wrong.
Let alone Token's wild interpretation of this person's quote about tolerance.

I can't even begin to comprehend how you arrived at that paraphrase.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 10:07:35 AM »
Are you phuking kidding me?  Have you read a history book?

Ok - youre bringing Jesus and European history into the equation. Since when was tolerance ever preached so much in our culture than after the civil rights movement in this country? We're talking 1964 and forward - the era when this stuff started getting preached heavily into our heads. Since that time the tolerance has always been subliminally intended as "whites need to have tolerance for other races". Ive never seen it the other way around ever. And of course, lets bring slavery into it. It wouldn't be complete without it. Nevermind the fact that black slave owners IN Africa had more to do with it than anything. The Dutch simply facilitated it. Thats the piece in history they dont exactly spell out in big words in today's history books.

You use "we" loosely. "We" does not include me. My ancestors arrived AFTER most slaves and frankly were treated like shit barely making anything. Nothing in my heritage points to any pilgrim involvement with the indians. So if your people did any injustice to people - thats your issue. Me, nor anyone I am related to in the past has done anything like this so I don't owe an apology to anyone. Since the year I was born in the 70's I have heard nothing but drivel about how I need to accept all of these cultures and how I need to embrace it and feel sorry because of something that happened over 100 years ago. BS - I don't have to accept shit or apologize to anyone. You are taking things that happened centuries ago and using it to justify why tolerance isn't a one way street. Since the hippie infested 1960's - it has always been a one way street. Bad whitey - shame on you. Through things like these and Affirmative Action, whites are now paying the price for something they had nothing to do with.

As for the tolerance "European culture" gave to minorities - you need to specify that you really mean England, Germany, Russia, Greece and the Roman Empire.   Poland, Ireland, Scotland, Bosnia/Serbia among a few others have been routinely the target of the formerly listed countries. So yeah - looks like they really just had a problem with people who weren't white. Thats why England gave the Celts hell, why Germany hated Poland, why Austria Hungary invaded Serbia - because they all hated anything that wasn't white culture.   What color are those of the invaded countries btw? Believe it or not - everything isn't always about race.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 11:14:49 AM »
Believe it or not - everything isn't always about race.

YES IT IS:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 01:04:29 PM »
Ok - youre bringing Jesus and European history into the equation. Since when was tolerance ever preached so much in our culture than after the civil rights movement in this country? We're talking 1964 and forward - the era when this stuff started getting preached heavily into our heads. Since that time the tolerance has always been subliminally intended as "whites need to have tolerance for other races". Ive never seen it the other way around ever. And of course, lets bring slavery into it. It wouldn't be complete without it. Nevermind the fact that black slave owners IN Africa had more to do with it than anything. The Dutch simply facilitated it. Thats the piece in history they dont exactly spell out in big words in today's history books.

You use "we" loosely. "We" does not include me. My ancestors arrived AFTER most slaves and frankly were treated like shit barely making anything. Nothing in my heritage points to any pilgrim involvement with the indians. So if your people did any injustice to people - thats your issue. Me, nor anyone I am related to in the past has done anything like this so I don't owe an apology to anyone. Since the year I was born in the 70's I have heard nothing but drivel about how I need to accept all of these cultures and how I need to embrace it and feel sorry because of something that happened over 100 years ago. BS - I don't have to accept shit or apologize to anyone. You are taking things that happened centuries ago and using it to justify why tolerance isn't a one way street. Since the hippie infested 1960's - it has always been a one way street. Bad whitey - shame on you. Through things like these and Affirmative Action, whites are now paying the price for something they had nothing to do with.

As for the tolerance "European culture" gave to minorities - you need to specify that you really mean England, Germany, Russia, Greece and the Roman Empire.   Poland, Ireland, Scotland, Bosnia/Serbia among a few others have been routinely the target of the formerly listed countries. So yeah - looks like they really just had a problem with people who weren't white. Thats why England gave the Celts hell, why Germany hated Poland, why Austria Hungary invaded Serbia - because they all hated anything that wasn't white culture.   What color are those of the invaded countries btw? Believe it or not - everything isn't always about race.
You said, and I quote...

Tolerance...always...has been...

Give me specific examples of this hypocritical tolerance that you speak of from the past?

If you want to discuss the present, you probably shouldn't use words that speak specifically.  Either way, there are many examples throughout this forum that tolerance is still lacking from our side presently.

And I never said it was always about race.  It is also about religion, party affiliation, geography, nationality, etc...  It just easy to focus on race due to the numerous examples.

My point still stands, tolerance has only been a current thing preached at people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Token

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 04:11:51 PM »
Let alone Token's wild interpretation of this person's quote about tolerance.

I can't even begin to comprehend how you arrived at that paraphrase.

I was fishing with the quote, but if you'd like to explain to me what she meant with the stupid "flies in the face of tolerance for all" comment, I'm all ears.  Or eyes.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 04:41:19 PM »

Tolerance is not new. Our country was basically founded by the need for people to find religious tolerance. Did they get it? Not really, but it was a hell of a lot better than what passed for tolerance in other countries, where they let you pray to the God of your choice right before they burned you at the stake.
You can bet the Protestants, Catholics, Jews, Buddists etc. weren't mixing it up on the weekends, they weren't intermarrying, doing business with, or if they could help it, interacting at all...they just weren't killing each other because of who they were. Tolerance.

No doubt the word has evolved....otherwise it would be impossible to swallow statements like "The Dutch simply facilitated it" when discussing the subjugation of whole races into slavery.
But I don't think that being tolerant requires that anyone embrace other cultures if they don't want to...that simply defies the actual meaning of the word. All that is required is that you recognize that some people are different from yourself, whether it be in color, language, dress, custom, or worship....respect it, and leave it the fuck alone. That's it. I think Affirmative Action had its part in history, but is no longer necessary....I am completely against reparations for slavery, unless you, yourself were actually a slave.....and I don't think anybody should get a free pass to anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 12:22:18 AM »
I absolutely 100% agree, but those aren't the rules.  My oldest sister-in-law has 3 mixed children.  They have been raised in the projects for most of their life and it has greatly influenced their lifestyle.   When they visit my house, they are told to act the same way my children act.  Yes sir, no sir.  No running in the house.  No yelling in the house.  Ask before taking.  And I correct them every time they do not use proper English.  I don't give English lessons, but I expect them to speak like a coherent human being.  Because I ask them to follow the same rules my own children follow, I'm a racist.  Because we don't give handfuls of money to my sister-in-law and the end of each month when her bills are due, I'm a racist.  Not my wife.  Not my kids.  Me.  I'm a racist.  And only because I expect the same thing from them that society will expect when they are looking for a job.  It's bullshit.  But it's the ideas their culture has fed them from an early age. 

You're right. That is bullshit....but the fact remains that you really don't know what that lady meant when she talked about tolerance for all. More than likely she didn't mean justice. The two are not on the same end of the spectrum, IMHO. If your sister in law is too stupid to realize that you don't tolerate disrespectful children in your home, regardless of their color...then she's got more problems than imagining racism when there is none.

That one line just made you a hard nosed, republican, bigot.  Congratulations.  You can now scribble in the "white" box on any paper asking for your ethnicity. 

Maybe being defined and checking boxes is the problem. I believe welfare should be limited and temporary...I am fucking offended by third and fourth generation welfare recipients...but I can't tell people how to raise their kids or live their lives. All I know is that a better life can be had...if you work for it. My grandfather never finished the 9th grade...he never got any handouts and  he worked damn hard to make sure my dad went to college. He also died with more money than I'm likely to make in my lifetime. It can be done.
I can't in all honesty say I worked hard for everything because making the grades in high school and college came easy to me, but I can say I earned it. Did my last name cut me any breaks? Maybe...but nothing I wasn't already qualified for or deserving of on my own.
I'll check whatever fucking box I like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 11:46:36 AM »
You said, and I quote...

Tolerance...always...has been...

If you want to discuss the present, you probably shouldn't use words that speak specifically.  Either way, there are many examples throughout this forum that tolerance is still lacking from our side presently.

I guess it was implied that I was referring to United States History, Modern Era, In our lifetime, etc etc. Whatever you want to call it. In MINE, YOURS and pretty much everyone on here's lifetimes' - it has always been a one way street. Better?  :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE