Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Coleman

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Coleman
« on: February 02, 2010, 06:58:31 PM »
More to file under "Alabama putting a lot of eggs in one basket for them not to have a pretty good feeling about Coleman".

http://blog.al.com/tide-source/2010/02/alabama_or_auburn_bragging_rig.html

Alabama or Auburn? Bragging rights might come down to Shon Coleman
By Don Kausler Jr. -- The Birmingham News
February 02, 2010, 2:13PM

TUSCALOOSA -- The star of Alabama's 2010 signing class -- five-star defensive back Keenan Allen -- looks as if he's going to be the big one who got away. He is expected to sign Wednesday with California, if not -- surprise -- Penn State.

But three big ones -- big offensive linemen -- still are up for grabs with the start of signing day less than 24 hours away.

Alabama continues to target James Stone, Arie Kouandjio and Shon Coleman. Where they end up still is anybody's guess. The Crimson Tide wants to close an outstanding class by signing two out of three.

Stone is a 6-foot-5, 297 pound four-star prospect from Maplewood High School in Nashville. He is the No. 4 prospect in Tennessee and the No. 7 guard prospect in the nation. He will announce his decision Wednesday morning, choosing between Alabama and Tennessee.

Kouandjio is a 6-6, 314-pound four-star prospect from DeMatha Catholic High School in Hyattsville, Md. The No. 2 prospect in Maryland remains undecided between Alabama, Southern California and -- seriously -- New Mexico.

Insiders seem to think Kouandjio is a better bet to sign with Alabama than Stone.

That leaves Coleman, a 6-7, 285-pound five-star tackle from Olive Branch, Miss. He is committed to Auburn, but he visited Alabama last week. On Wednesday, he will decide.

Alabama? Auburn? All that might hang in the balance is Alabama and Auburn's standing in the mythical recruiting rankings. Florida and Texas seem locked in at Nos. 1 and 2. Oklahoma, Alabama and Auburn are fighting for that No. 3 spot. As we wait, the weight of a heated rivalry hangs in the balance.

It's your classic swing vote. A five-star addition for Alabama would be a five-star subtraction for Auburn.

The drama, the suspense continue to build. ...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Coleman
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 07:35:51 PM »
More to file under "Alabama putting a lot of eggs in one basket for them not to have a pretty good feeling about Coleman".

http://blog.al.com/tide-source/2010/02/alabama_or_auburn_bragging_rig.html

Bama just got a committment from ARIE KOUANDJIO. This may help Coleman make his decision. I have to think it helps us some.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jadennis

Re: Coleman
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 08:11:26 PM »
I'm still wondering how many spots Alabama can even have left.  They have two grayshirts from last year counting towards this year, and with Arie they now have 26 for this year.  Gotta be filling up here at some point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor