Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trovon Reed Delaying Signing?

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Trovon Reed Delaying Signing?
« on: February 02, 2010, 03:14:53 PM »
I saw on an AU board where Trovon Reed had posted the status "...it ends tomorrow" on his Facebook, then shortly thereafter, posted a status saying "change of plans, delaying signing until April 1st." Since April 1st is April Fool's Day, anybody know if he's just joking or what? I don't otherwise understand why he would delay his signing, as he has seemed solid to AU the whole time of his commitment. Apparently Jeffrey Lee of AuburnSports.com said there is a possibility this is legit, and he is checking in on it. The only thing I can think of is he wanted to play with Seastrunk (I think?), and Oregon is about to have some spots come open. But that seems like an awful longshot. Anybody have anything?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Trovon Reed Delaying Signing?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 03:16:47 PM »
 :popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 03:18:03 PM »
According to Jeffrey Lee, he was thinking about delaying his signing b/c he was worried about his teachers holding it against him.  Then he realized that if he did his work that there was nothing they could do to him.

Bottom line, he is going to sign tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 03:19:23 PM »
I saw on an AU board where Trovon Reed had posted the status "...it ends tomorrow" on his Facebook, then shortly thereafter, posted a status saying "change of plans, delaying signing until April 1st." Since April 1st is April Fool's Day, anybody know if he's just joking or what? I don't otherwise understand why he would delay his signing, as he has seemed solid to AU the whole time of his commitment. Apparently Jeffrey Lee of AuburnSports.com said there is a possibility this is legit, and he is checking in on it. The only thing I can think of is he wanted to play with Seastrunk (I think?), and Oregon is about to have some spots come open. But that seems like an awful longshot. Anybody have anything?

You are quite funny.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »
You are quite funny.....
It was posted by an admin of AU's Rivals site. Its not like I'm just fabricating something out of thin air here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 03:27:05 PM »
It was posted by an admin of AU's Rivals site. Its not like I'm just fabricating something out of thin air here.

There is the problem. You are listening to sites other than this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Aubie16

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »
His coach is a huge LSU fan and has been in his ear the whole process and is telling him he may never get a job again in Louisiana if he leaves the state, his teachers may fail him and he may not qualify, etc. Pretty terrible stuff. Hopefully he won't listen and will sign with us tomorrow anyways.

The reason for April 1st is that it is the last day of the Signing Period. It runs from February 3rd to April 1st. You actually never have to sign...you can just sign scholarship papers in August. But you can only do that if you are a truly elite athlete and the coaches are willing to hold a spot for you.

Anyways. Reed just posted that it wasn't true and that he is going to sign with Auburn tomorrow. Hopefully he sticks with that.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Aubie16

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 03:34:43 PM »

That is the problem. Our Rivals site is terrible. Stick with Scout if you venture away from this board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 04:14:35 PM »

AU Rivals site is awful RWS. Please dont do that again.  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 04:30:56 PM »
That is the problem. Our Rivals site is terrible. Stick with Scout if you venture away from this board.

And be sure and question any poster or mod who has over 20,000 post. That way you will be back quickly. :pee:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

auburnredwing

• The Resident Mexican
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 04:32:48 PM »
Yeah I just read on rivals that rws was going to a uat game next year... and I know that is bullshit
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 04:34:05 PM »
I have my gripes with both of them.  J-Lee has been pretty much spot on this year.  It seems to change from year to year on who has the better info.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

jadennis

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 04:37:56 PM »
Did you honestly not see the other 10 posts where they said that it was a joke?  

Anyway, Trovon said a friend was messing around on his account and it was changed.  Nothing to it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 06:55:42 PM »
Sorry guys....I was just messin' wit Trovon.  Also, this is my first post from my new phone.  Woohoo, no mo candy bar phones, HTC Touch Pro 2.  War Eagle!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:24:40 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs