Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

sweetheart candies...necco brand.

chinook

sweetheart candies...necco brand.
« on: February 04, 2010, 04:39:30 PM »
okay.

during this time of the year i eat boxes upon boxes of sweetheart candies.  in fact, i shit little sayings.  

so today, i pick up my first box in nearly a year.  before popping one in my mouth, i noticed these are not the same.  still, i ate one and it tasted awful.  did i purchase a knock off?  nope, box says new england confectionery company.  

so on further investigation i see this...

Now, for the first time in its 145 year history, the New England Confectionery Company is unveiling a new generation of Sweethearts® that includes all new expressions selected entirely by the American public, along with a re-formulation of the iconic candies made in the USA.

New Sayings & Colors
For the first time in 145 years, Sweethearts® discarded all its previous phrases and asked the American public to tell us how they express their love. The 2010 Sweethearts® are featured in bright and bolder new colors.

New Flavors & Texture
All new flavors for 2010 Sweethearts® include Strawberry, Green Apple, Lemon, Grape, Orange and Blue Raspberry. The new Sweethearts® have been re-formulated to be softer and more fun to eat.

New Line Extensions & Innovation
Sweethearts® new line extensions include Sugar-Free, Dazzled Tarts, En Español and Chocolate. This is the first time the company has put a DAZZLED© finish on TARTS.

To meet the demand for its Conversation Hearts, New England Confectionery Company produces them from late February through mid-January of the following year. The entire production--about 100,000 pounds a day-- sells out in just six weeks.

link...

candy disasters

this parallels the "new" coke disaster in the 80's.  well maybe not, but in my world it does.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:43:43 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: sweetheart candies...necco brand.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 04:42:33 PM »
The new sayings will make up for the horrible taste, I suspect.  I mean...how can you go wrong with sayings like "I can, I'm Horny", "Bukkakke", "I like it from behind" and some others?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 05:42:41 PM »
The new sayings will make up for the horrible taste, I suspect.  I mean...how can you go wrong with sayings like "I can, I'm Horny", "Bukkakke", "I like it from behind" and some others?

I prefer: Hey baby, what that thang smell like?

Or, I ain't got no panties on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 06:28:21 PM »
I'm waiting for the urban themed candy hearts.  You know, the ones with the following sayings:

"Do da boody doo!"

"Superman dat ho!"

"Skeet, skeet!"

"Lemme see dat wobble wobble!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin