Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jeffery Whitaker Announces...

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Jeffery Whitaker Announces...
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 02:20:38 PM »
Watching the stream:

Damn he is huge.
Seems like an overall good kid, and seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders. Good sense of humor.
He is a big ole boy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 02:25:26 PM »
Come on down Mr Lattimore, Mr Coleman, and Mr Lemonier.

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 02:26:01 PM »
Watching the stream:

Damn he is huge.
Seems like an overall good kid, and seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders. Good sense of humor.
He is a big ole boy.

Just what we need - a space taker-upper. This is fantastic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 02:26:54 PM »
Come on down Mr Lattimore, Mr Coleman, and Mr Lemonier.

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger
I know it doesn't seem like it here lately, but Coleman has been committed to AU since summer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 02:28:26 PM »
I know it doesn't seem like it here lately, but Coleman has been committed to AU since summer.

Until we see the signature on the dotted line, everyone is still in play.  I hope you are right though and he stays with AU.  If not i will still be thrilled witht his class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 02:31:59 PM »
Until we see the signature on the dotted line, everyone is still in play.  I hope you are right though and he stays with AU.  If not i will still be thrilled witht his class.
As you should be. I would guess he sticks with AU. He is almost guaranteed PT after this season since AU loses 4 OL. There hasn't really been any new news on Coleman, so I think that is a good sign for AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jadennis

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 02:45:30 PM »
Phillip Marshall reported today that we're slipping for Lattimore.  Looks like he may stay home after all.

For Whitaker, I love his attitude and demeanor.  The quote below tells you a lot about the kid.

"I always believe I am better than the guy across from me. There is no disrespect there, I just know that I have worked harder than he has. I know that I can always keep improving. The moment I think I can't continue to improve on something, even if it is something small, that is the day I quit playing football.”

Adding Lemonier would be great now.  Lattimore or no Lattimore, I believe Malzahn has a lot to work with in the coming year(s).  Defense, however, is in desperate need of guys like Lemonier.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 02:47:12 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 03:18:11 PM »
Phillip Marshall reported today that we're slipping for Lattimore.  Looks like he may stay home after all.

Can you explain why? I have read a thread or two on scout and rivals that mentioned this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

RWS

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 03:42:31 PM »
Can you explain why? I have read a thread or two on scout and rivals that mentioned this. 
I can't imagine why he would choose SC over AU at this point. I mean, I'm not inside his head or anything, so I don't know what is best for him, really. But seriously, how is SC the better program, or how do they project to improve over the next few seasons? I just don't get it. The one thing I could think of is he doesn't want to compete with Dyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 03:57:43 PM »
Damn.  How can he supposedly help us get Mack, then not come with him?  The only reason I could see him staying home is because of all of the pressure he is getting from the SC media.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 04:51:28 PM »
I can't imagine why he would choose SC over AU at this point. I mean, I'm not inside his head or anything, so I don't know what is best for him, really. But seriously, how is SC the better program, or how do they project to improve over the next few seasons? I just don't get it. The one thing I could think of is he doesn't want to compete with Dyer.

It's obviously not always about what program is best.  The #2 offensive tackle in the country is going to NC State, because he's from Raleigh.  The #2 center in the country is going to S Carolina, because he's from SC.  

The thing about Dyer is that Lattimore has always liked the idea of being the next Jones/McFadden or Cadillac/Ronnie Brown.  He even mentioned wanting to room with him.  So I would be surprised if that was an issue.

But one thing he did mention along the way was being close for his family and friends to be able to watch him play.  In the end, the truth is (and maybe he's considered this), if he's an NFL talent, going to South Carolina instead of Auburn isn't going to keep him from the league anymore than it kept Sidney Rice or Captain Munnerlyn or Kenny McKinley from making it in the NFL.

Spurrier might have him convinced with "I want you to be my first Fred Taylor/Earnest Graham/Errict Rhett here at South Carolina.  The Gamecocks have been waiting 30 years for the next George Rogers...that could be you".

When it comes to a kid staying home...you just never know.  If we were fighting with Virginia over a kid from South Carolina, I would say it's a done deal.  But Robert Crip (the OL from Raleigh I mentioned), chose NC State over strong offers from Clemson, Georgia, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Miami, and Michigan.  Wolfpack?  He just wanted to stay home.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 04:52:25 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 08:00:09 PM »
Jeffrey Whitaker DT 6'3" 295lbs. Warner Robins, Ga (6 Grillz)

Offers:
Auburn (Committed 02/01/10)
Georgia
Miami
Tennessee
California
North Carolina
Georgia Tech
South Carolina

Whitaker is a powerful defensive tackle. He is a lineman that does an excellent job of holding his blockers and freeing up his teammates. He is a space-eater and will likely demand double-teams on the next level. Making a lot of big plays is not his specialty, but he is going to make others around him better. He plays with a lot of power, but can improve his explosion off the ball and pass rushing skills. - South Recruiting Manager Chad Simmon
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 08:14:33 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 09:50:09 PM »
17 years old.   Let me say that again....   17 years old.

Good lord.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 10:51:49 PM »
17 years old.   Let me say that again....   17 years old.

Good lord.
lol, no kidding.  Remind you of anyone?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 12:57:50 AM »
lol, no kidding.  Remind you of anyone?

Lombardi or Outland?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 07:44:12 AM »
Lombardi or Outland?

Blue background.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 08:23:29 AM »
...rock granite face
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.