Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Stretching for good news....

jadennis

Stretching for good news....
« on: January 30, 2010, 10:54:40 AM »
Here are two really, really small things that are at least slightly encouraging.

For Coleman, the Miami Rivals sight had this to say about Coleman's visit.

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1043855

The Skinny: Coleman's coach confirmed for CaneSport that he will visit this weekend, but it'll be tough to pull him from Auburn where he is committed.

If the "tough to pull him from Auburn" impression came from the recent chat with Coleman's coach...that's very good to hear.

And this was released yesterday by the Lattimore family.
Additional information regarding Byrnes running back Marcus Lattimore's college announcement was sent to the Herald-Journal in an e-mail Friday by a family spokesman.

Lattimore will announce his decision between Auburn and South Carolina at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Silver Hill Memorial United Methodist Church to 600 attendees including family, close friends and community, the e-mail said.

The church, located on John B. White Sr. Boulevard, will provide extremely limited public access.

Due to limitations of capacity, the general public is invited to participate by listening to 106.3 FM, which is the radio station for Byrnes football games.

Don Munson, the voice of the Rebels, will have a live broadcast of the announcement.

Parking at the church will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis, and access to the church will not be provided to the general public prior to 4 p.m.

Originally I saw that the announcement at the church was "open to the public" and that made me think that surely he is going SC, because who would open it to a bunch of Carolina fans and then announce for Auburn?  Now seeing that it is to be 600 close friends, family, etc and that it will be "extremely limited public access", that makes me feel a lot more comfortable that he could still go with us.  

He'll be in place where he feels safe and comfortable and knows he will get support on whatever he says.  Eliminating the "public" takes away the booing and rioting sure to ensue should he put on a Tiger hat.

So, there, nothing big, just some thoughts that mean nothing to anyone but me.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 10:55:23 AM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Stretching for good news....
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 09:37:37 PM »
Here are two really, really small things that are at least slightly encouraging.

For Coleman, the Miami Rivals sight had this to say about Coleman's visit.

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1043855

If the "tough to pull him from Auburn" impression came from the recent chat with Coleman's coach...that's very good to hear.

And this was released yesterday by the Lattimore family.
Originally I saw that the announcement at the church was "open to the public" and that made me think that surely he is going SC, because who would open it to a bunch of Carolina fans and then announce for Auburn?  Now seeing that it is to be 600 close friends, family, etc and that it will be "extremely limited public access", that makes me feel a lot more comfortable that he could still go with us.  

He'll be in place where he feels safe and comfortable and knows he will get support on whatever he says.  Eliminating the "public" takes away the booing and rioting sure to ensue should he put on a Tiger hat.

So, there, nothing big, just some thoughts that mean nothing to anyone but me.

I can see both of these being positives.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE