Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Confirmed: Tony Kornheiser is a Dick

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Confirmed: Tony Kornheiser is a Dick
« on: February 23, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »
I have never liked Kornhole- he was TERRIBLE on MNF, his sports related knowledge is mediocre at best, and I don't find him to be humorous or witty at all on PTI - he is just a dick.  I have no idea why he is even still employed by ESPN, as he contributes very little of benefit.

Now his smart mouth gets him in trouble, and I love it.  This just further supports my distaste for him.  Hannah Storm could outdo him without even trying.  No feminist allegiance here or anything - she is, simply put, a much better sports announcer/broadcaster than he could ever hope to be. 

ESPN has suspended TV commentator Tony Kornheiser for remarks about fellow ESPN personality Hannah Storm, according to multiple reports Tuesday.

Kornheiser, the popular host of the show "Pardon the Interruption," is known for making sports figures the subject of his humorous criticism, but in a recent show he aimed his commentary at Storm's wardrobe.

"Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today," Kornheiser said. "She’s got on red go-go boots and a catholic school plaid skirt … way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now.

"She’s got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body … I know she’s very good, and I’m not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won’t … but Hannah Storm … come on now! Stop! What are you doing?"

Kornheiser opened his radio show the next day by apologizing, saying, "I apologize, unequivocally ... I'm a sarcastic, subversive guy ... I'm a troll, look at me. I have no right to insult what anybody looks like or what anybody wears. That, I think, should go without saying."

SportsByBrooks reported the suspension will be for three days.

The 61-year-old Kornheiser -- a former columnist for the Washington Post and broadcaster for ESPN's Monday Night Football telecasts -- has hosted PTI since 2001.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Confirmed: Tony Kornheiser is a Dick
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 04:50:22 PM »
Kornheiser went back to radio?  I assume it's got to be Sirius or something or else we wouldn't still be stuck with Cowherd, amirite?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Confirmed: Tony Kornheiser is a tool
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 11:30:12 PM »
His name says it all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 10:08:11 AM »
 I don't find Tony the least bit entertaining, and I don't watch PTI at all simply because I find him super annoying and any analysis he sporadically does indulge in, is worthless.

And while I have wondered wtf some of the broadcasters have been wearing lately... I wouldn't have said that on national tv.

AND I've always thought Hannah was kinda hot.

So fuck off Tony.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 10:18:39 AM »
Bunch of haterzzzzzz.

Tony K is the only decent broadcaster on ESPN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 10:46:15 AM »
yeah I gotta go with the ladies here.  Kornheiser brings nothing to the table except maybe a nice Jewish rye.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jadennis

Re: Confirmed: Tony Kornheiser is a tool
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 10:56:26 AM »
Kornheiser went back to radio?  I assume it's got to be Sirius or something or else we wouldn't still be stuck with Cowherd, amirite?

He's always had his radio show in DC, even while doing PTI.

While I don't like him specifically, I've always thought he and Wilbon played off one another really well and that it has always made for a good show.  He's kind of a Simon Cowell kind of guy....love him or hate him, I've at least always liked that he just flat out said what he thought, no sugar coating.  I'm sure he was in his studio doing his show and just looked up and saw her on SportsCenter and started reacting out loud, live on the radio.

But this was a case where just stuffing a marble rye in his mouth would have been a good idea, because Hannah, while she does wear some interesting things occassionally, is pretty attractive and can typically pull off those outfits. 

At least in his apology he seems to see the irony of him judging someones looks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 04:27:44 PM »
 :pics:

How can I judge if he is right or not? I likes a good boudin.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:28:36 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 06:06:38 PM »
yeah I gotta go with the ladies here.  Kornheiser brings nothing to the table except maybe a nice Jewish rye.

Marbled?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 08:37:03 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 11:32:46 AM »
I don't know what his issue is. I didn't look twice when I saw this. But it did get him suspended.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.