Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Desperate Journalism...Kornblut...

Desperate Journalism...Kornblut...
« on: January 29, 2010, 10:09:53 AM »
...what a fucking horrible name.  Anyway.  Wouldn't any real writer be embarrassed to publish shit like this?

http://www.thestate.com/gogame...ry/1133056.html

GoGamecocks.com

Home
Sports
Football
Baseball
Men's Basketball
Women's Basketball
More USC Sports
Around the SEC
Recruiting
Personalities
Phil Kornblut
Joe Person
Seth Emerson
Ron Morris
Extras
Photos
Videos
Wallpapers
Stats
Roster
Forums
Magazine
Thursday, January 28, 2010

Auburn Coaches Meet with Lattimore...As Far As I Know
Written by Phil Kornblut
Posted on 01.28.10
email print reprint or license // addthis_url = location.href; addthis_title = document.title; addthis_pub = 'thestate';//
Comments (3)
 Recommend (0)
Thursday was the day Auburn head coach Gene Chizik was scheduled for his in home visit with Byrnes RB Marcus Lattimore. I assume the meeting took place. I have no choice but to assume because there's been absolutely no information anywhere about the meeting.

None of the folks covering Lattimore's recruiting from the USC, Auburn or national angle has had a story about the meeting that I've been able to uncover. Lattimore and his family went under the "cone of silence" last week and haven't been heard from since as far as the media is concerned. And no one at Byrnes is answering their phone. So, we are only left to guess about the meeting.

And my best guess is that the meeting went great, that Lattimore was further impressed by what Chizik and offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn had to say, that the Auburn coaches went to great strides to impress upon Lattimore their success at running the ball last season compared to USC's lack of success, and it was pointed out that it's much easier to roll Toomer's Corner than it is Five Points.

The only "information" I can add to the Lattimore drama tonight is I was told by a delivery man that a fellow worker dropped off a package Thursday at a relative's of Lattimore and was told he was going to USC. Information doesn't come much more credible than that.

USC gets its final crack at Lattimore Saturday. Steve Spurrier, Brad Lawing, Jay Graham and Shawn Elliott will do their best to either protect their lead or come from behind.

In all seriousness, it will be shocking if Lattimore doesn't announce for USC Tuesday night. As I was told tonight by a real source with some knowledge of the goings on, Lattimore has made too many visits to USC, made too many close contacts and friends and felt way too comfortable there not to make it his home for the next three or four years.

Lattimore will announce from his church on Tuesday night at 6:00 PM. Let the praying begin.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Desperate Journalism...Kornblut...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 10:13:48 AM »
...what a phuking horrible name.  Anyway.  Wouldn't any real writer be embarrassed to publish poop like this?

These folks are setting themselves up for another meltdown on a pandemic level just like Eric Mack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 10:28:35 AM »
These folks are setting themselves up for another meltdown on a pandemic level just like Eric Mack.
Yeah, I really can't get a feel for Lattimore. Our media is telling me it's likely he will sign for Auburn. Their media is saying he's pretty much a lock to go to SC.

It will be interesting...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 11:48:41 AM »
Turns out, Chizik was at an in-home with Bryon Jones last night.  The meeting with Lattimore is actually tonight.  It was moved one day.

This fucker is the guy that hounded Mack to death.  He's also the one that most attribute Lattimore's family going into the "cone of silence".

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 03:45:30 PM »
I thought Chizik was in south Florida with Parkey and Lemonier the last couple days (and that's why the thursday meeting was moved to Friday).  Doesn't really matter I guess.

This guy does bring up one question I haven't thought of before.  I wonder how many times he's made unofficial visits to SC over the last few months.  Maybe a lot?  Or maybe he's such a well known recruit he couldn't just show up without the whole world knowing?  Interesting. 

Although, multiple visits don't necessarily mean anything I suppose.  Corey Grant practically had his own dorm room at Auburn right before he committed to Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jmar

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 05:41:04 PM »
  philkornblut: The only major dissapointment thus far for USC was losing Mack. Now, if they don't get Parker and/or Lattimore, that will also be dissapointing, but I expect them to go no worse than 50-50 on that. They went after some big names like Floyd and Ferguson and came up empty, but that's the risk you take when you try to recruit against the national powers for out of state kids.

This is a portion of Kornblut's post late this morning.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 06:51:30 PM »
  philkornblut: The only major dissapointment thus far for USC was losing Mack. Now, if they don't get Parker and/or Lattimore, that will also be dissapointing, but I expect them to go no worse than 50-50 on that. They went after some big names like Floyd and Ferguson and came up empty, but that's the risk you take when you try to recruit against the national powers for out of state kids.

This is a portion of Kornblut's post late this morning.

So...what does that say when you come up empty against The National Powers for In-state kids?

LMAO at this:
As I was told tonight by a real source with some knowledge of the goings on, Lattimore has made too many visits to USC, made too many close contacts and friends and felt way too comfortable there not to make it his home for the next three or four years.
So, a "real source" had to tell him that Lattimore has made many visits to USCe and made a lot of friends (I'm betting one of those friends is none other than Eric Mack).

Speakin' of Mack, I wonder if this is the same "real source" that, pretty much, guaranteed that he was solid to South Carolina.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs